Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Turbo Dude Steve... Has the U415 update fixed your problems? My main aggravations are the radio not ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Dude View Post
    Steve... Has the U415 update fixed your problems? My main aggravations are the radio not staying on previous station, and not digital clock display after car is turned off. If it does in fact work when I go in for my next service I'm going to have them do it.
    U415 has fixed everything that was problematic for me. I did not have the digital clock display issue. Here are the things I did have:

1. Nav: State was not being remembered always reverted back to Washington, D.C. Fixed.
    2. Nav: Every time I started the Nav, I would get the initial warning screen. Fixed.
    3. Radio: Would not remember the last item selected after the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) period had expired and always defaulted to Favorite 1 when restarting. Fixed.

I have had my Nav/Radio unit replaced at least once. So even if you get the software update, if you have an older, faulty Nav/Radio, it may not fix it in which case you would require the unit to be replaced.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    I understand that but the service guy was insisting that they were updating my maps I was like "I thought update was only for computer?" and he said no maps & everything! I was not going to argue the issue lol so that's y I went right to forum. Hope everything is ok because I dropped it off yesterday around 10:30am and they still have it day later.
    Software updates to the Nav/Radio do not update the maps. As I said, that is a separate DVD. Perhaps the dealer is doing you a "favor" and updating your Nav for free. Normally, map updates require a separate DVD which the customer must purchase. http://www.gmnavdisc.com/buy-a-disc.asp?lang=en

Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    U415 has fixed everything that was problematic for me. I did not have the digital clock display issue. Here are the things I did have:

1. Nav: State was not being remembered always reverted back to Washington, D.C. Fixed.
    2. Nav: Every time I started the Nav, I would get the initial warning screen. Fixed.
    3. Radio: Would not remember the last item selected after the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) period had expired and always defaulted to Favorite 1 when restarting. Fixed.

I have had my Nav/Radio unit replaced at least once. So even if you get the software update, if you have an older, faulty Nav/Radio, it may not fix it in which case you would require the unit to be replaced.

----------

Software updates to the Nav/Radio do not update the maps. As I said, that is a separate DVD. Perhaps the dealer is doing you a "favor" and updating your Nav for free. Normally, map updates require a separate DVD which the customer must purchase. http://www.gmnavdisc.com/buy-a-disc.asp?lang=en
    Thanks Steve

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Steve,

Did anyone ever tell you what was the difference between U413 and U415? I have U413. Because I have absolutely no problems, I have no plans on updating. Just curious about what changes were made.

Sube

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Steve,

Did anyone ever tell you what was the difference between U413 and U415? I have U413. Because I have absolutely no problems, I have no plans on updating. Just curious about what changes were made.

Sube
    Sube,

I have no idea what the difference is. I had U413 previous to the upgrade and all was working fine for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post

----------

I hate to resurrect this old thread but it looks like things have gone awry once more. Everything that update U415 fixed is now broken again.

1. Nav is back to Washington D.C. all the time.
    2. Nav gives warning screen every single time I start it.
    3. Radio won't remember last station selected after RAP expires.

Taking the SRX in on Monday. I wonder if the 2012 model is as problematic in this regard as my 2010 has been?

I will definitely be dumping this car before the warranty runs out.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Unhappy Re: Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC.

Can't say that I don't agree with you. Had radio replaced two times early on same issue. It is a hassle to reprogram the radio and deal with XM. They said I was in a Buick not a SRX. I had the weather & traffic for a week then it went away. XM said radio was not set up to receive it. About a dozen calls I gave up .
    Trouble seems to be 2010 and early 2011's. I am waiting for the model yr 2014. 2013 sounds like a unlucky number to me. Keep us posted .

Quote Originally Posted by allgm View Post
    Can't say that I don't agree with you. Had radio replaced two times early on same issue. It is a hassle to reprogram the radio and deal with XM. They said I was in a Buick not a SRX. I had the weather & traffic for a week then it went away. XM said radio was not set up to receive it. About a dozen calls I gave up .
    Trouble seems to be 2010 and early 2011's. I am waiting for the model yr 2014. 2013 sounds like a unlucky number to me. Keep us posted .
    I know what you mean about XM. I had the same problem as well. I'm through with Cadillac after this SRX. I will be very surprised if the 2013 CUE system is not full of bugs and I sure won't be the one finding and reporting them. I hope those who buy it don't go through what I've been through with the 2010. I've only got 16K miles on this thing and the Radio/Nav is definitely the weakest link. This is the first American car I've had in a long time and I have learned a valuable lesson. Yep, 2013 is an UNLUCKY number.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

It's bad luck to be superstitious guys.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    It's bad luck to be superstitious guys.
    Captian stop by my office 13th floor room 666

kklein50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks for this very valuable information!!! I own a 2010 SRX and have struggled with the very same issues your daughter had. I got used to the
    time,the Washington D.C default and even NAV warning "OK" button for accepting the risk of using a NAV Screen....but what I really could not
    accept was when the digital temperature completely left the screen and now the clock is 7 hours off! I have asked them the last 3 times it was in
    for service about the other issues and all they did was say they talked to tech and couldn't fix it. Today with the temperature thing, they tried to
    download the newest software from XM but that didn't work. Now I will have to take it back next week when they have a loaner for me to use. This
    is getting ridiculous for a purchased price of $50,000!!!!
    But you did say the software fix from a flash drive worked? I stil think I will try and push for a new unit, then try the flash drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kklein50 View Post
    Thanks for this very valuable information!!! I own a 2010 SRX and have struggled with the very same issues your daughter had. I got used to the
    time,the Washington D.C default and even NAV warning "OK" button for accepting the risk of using a NAV Screen....but what I really could not
    accept was when the digital temperature completely left the screen and now the clock is 7 hours off! I have asked them the last 3 times it was in
    for service about the other issues and all they did was say they talked to tech and couldn't fix it. Today with the temperature thing, they tried to
    download the newest software from XM but that didn't work. Now I will have to take it back next week when they have a loaner for me to use. This
    is getting ridiculous for a purchased price of $50,000!!!!
    But you did say the software fix from a flash drive worked? I stil think I will try and push for a new unit, then try the flash drive.
    You need to have the Radio/Nav unit replaced. I am on my 2nd one and I had the same issues as you. No amount of software updates will fix it if it won't retain the settings.

gary2381 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

My issue is the digital clock on the NAV screen moves forward 6 hours when the vehicle is powered off. Everything else works fine. Anyone seen this before?

BlGHUMMER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 D.I. Hot Lava Edition

Hi everybody. Sorry to bump this thread. My 2011 SRX has had this navigation problem for the past few months. All similar problems that you guys have mentioned previously in this entire thread; the black warning screen with the OK prompt, the clock is an hour off, Washington DC as the location and a AM radio station is on every time the car starts. I finally was able to bring the SRX back to the dealer this past Tuesday to get this checked out.

They really did not have any idea and tried to explain to me that this was normal and began looking through the navigation manual. To explain that this was not normal, I had asked him to set the clock for me, shut off the car, and then come back in 15 minutes to see that something is wrong with it. Sure enough 15 minutes later the clock is an hour off, Washington DC, AM radio station etc.

They said they never seen this before, and will look into it. I tried to tell them about the forum and how it is a known problem but he did not want to hear about a forum. They have had the car since Tuesday. I had called them on Friday and they are still looking into it. Today the loaner car (STS) stalled out 3 times and luckily was able to get home. Dealership is closed until Tuesday.

What I would like to know;

- Is there a code I can tell the tech so that he can look it up on the computer and see that this is a problem? and what exactly needs to be done to resolve this issue?

- or maybe if someone on here who has had this problem fixed, would it be possible to get the name and number of the tech who has fixed this problem before so I can have them contact each other to explain what needs to be done?

I apologize for the long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great labor day weekend everybody. Thanks again.

Post Re: Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by BlGHUMMER View Post
    Hi everybody. Sorry to bump this thread. My 2011 SRX has had this navigation problem for the past few months. All similar problems that you guys have mentioned previously in this entire thread; the black warning screen with the OK prompt, the clock is an hour off, Washington DC as the location and a AM radio station is on every time the car starts. I finally was able to bring the SRX back to the dealer this past Tuesday to get this checked out.

They really did not have any idea and tried to explain to me that this was normal and began looking through the navigation manual. To explain that this was not normal, I had asked him to set the clock for me, shut off the car, and then come back in 15 minutes to see that something is wrong with it. Sure enough 15 minutes later the clock is an hour off, Washington DC, AM radio station etc.

They said they never seen this before, and will look into it. I tried to tell them about the forum and how it is a known problem but he did not want to hear about a forum. They have had the car since Tuesday. I had called them on Friday and they are still looking into it. Today the loaner car (STS) stalled out 3 times and luckily was able to get home. Dealership is closed until Tuesday.

What I would like to know;

- Is there a code I can tell the tech so that he can look it up on the computer and see that this is a problem? and what exactly needs to be done to resolve this issue?

- or maybe if someone on here who has had this problem fixed, would it be possible to get the name and number of the tech who has fixed this problem before so I can have them contact each other to explain what needs to be done?

I apologize for the long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great labor day weekend everybody. Thanks again.
    If they have never heard of these problems before, you are either being lied to, they haven't worked on many 2010 SRXs, or people don't know their SRX should not behave in this manner. You need software update U415 which is what I have. If there is a later one, I don't know about it. My dealership is Covert Cadillac in Austin, TX and David Pearson is my service advisor. Perhaps he can put you in touch with someone competent since they have fixed all my issues.

You will need to have your Nav/Radio unit replaced before the U415 software update is applied. I've had to have mine replaced 2 times!

By the way, who is your dealership because I want to make sure I never do business with such incompetents.
    allgm and allgm like this.

BlGHUMMER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 D.I. Hot Lava Edition

stevec5375

Thank you so much for your quick response. I appreciate your help. I am going to pass this information along to my dealership and hopefully they can resolve the issue, order the part and get me back in the SRX. Thanks again for your help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.