Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. in Cadillac SRX Forums; Got in my car Thursday to go meet some people for happy hour. I noticed as I entered the address ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC.

Got in my car Thursday to go meet some people for happy hour. I noticed as I entered the address for the place that the "Washington D.C." issue is back. So my Radio/Nav has been replaced AND I have the U413 DB update.

I am MAJORLY unimpressed and DISMALLY DISAPPOINTED with the electronics and Nav system on the 2010 SRX.

At this point I am not making a special trip to the dealership to get this "fixed" yet again. It will have to wait until an oil change or such.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Got in my car Thursday to go meet some people for happy hour. I noticed as I entered the address for the place that the "Washington D.C." issue is back. So my Radio/Nav has been replaced AND I have the U413 DB update. I am MAJORLY unimpressed and DISMALLY DISAPPOINTED with the electronics and Nav system on the 2010 SRX.
    Steve, I feel for you and certainly understand your frustration. Have you checked the Config Menu "again" to see if the firmware is still U413? I kind of doubt it, but maybe some weird fluke caused it to revert back to the old version. I know it's a long shot, but worth checking anyway. If that's not it, there's something else going on that may not have anything to do with the software.

At this point I am not making a special trip to the dealership to get this "fixed" yet again. It will have to wait until an oil change or such.
    That's been my philosophy all along. I usually include a list of things to do along with the oil changes.

Sube

99ssconv is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): fix them every day

sounds like your going to get an exchanged nav radio Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 99ssconv View Post
    sounds like your going to get an exchanged nav radio Steve
    Really? For the 2nd time? I'd sure like to know who the supplier is for this Nav/Radio. I will make sure to NEVER buy another vehicle that has one in it.

I just got back from checking the Nav DB and it's still U413. Furthermore, it's retained the change from Washington D.C. to Texas that I did on Thursday. I swear when I went to enter an address on Thursday it was back to Washington D.C. There is something strange going on here. I don't use the Nav much at all so could it be that my lack of use somehow allows it to revert? 'Tis a mystery.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

I don't use the Nav much at all so could it be that my lack of use somehow allows it to revert?
    Nope, don't think so. I don't use mine very often either, but when I do it's always still on the last state selected. However, it does show the disclaimer screen if you don't use it for a while.

Sube

pm sent Steve

MTWDSN9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010 Performance Turbo

I had the same problem here in San Diego, there is a software upgrade that fixes the problem Marvin K. Brown fixed it about a month ago no problem since. Also during the upgrade the AC now works better, go figure.

B Martin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX

My 2010 SRX is having the same problem. Called dealership and explained what was going on, defaults to D.C., memory lost, and ect. I was asked if my battery was going dead, because that has happened with other models. I went to the dealership, didn't buy from New Orleans but should have. After putting that off the wall question to bed, finally spoke to the shop foreman. He didn't know anything about the TSB and he said that the NAV unit's software was up to date. He said they test drove it and the NAV worked perfect. I asked about the disclaimer screen that would pop up every time the car was started. He said that is normal, but everyone here knows that isn't true. I finally got him to walk out to my car to show him that the software version was 306. I had him enter in my home state, and then restarted the car and what do you know D.C. After searching for a TSB, he found the one referred to this forum. I was told that this should have been done when they received the car, PDI or something. Finally got him to do the update to 413, but now none of the buttons are correct (info is the power button, so on). Has anyone had the same problem and if so what was the fix. The dealer is calling GM today to see if the NAV/radio needs to be replaced. HELP!!! My wife is driving me nuts because she thought we bought a CADILLAC.

first off if they didnt know about the service bulletin I wouldnt have much confidence in the repair. After the usb update is done you must reprogram the radio. I would guess the calibrations they picked are not correct for your configuration. We have to manually pick different calibrations for the system we are programming using the RPO options of the vehicle being worked on, the SRX's have different features like rear seat entertainment, park sensors, rear camera, etc. We do not check software updates during PDI's or such. If there is another dealer closer I would take it there or maybe you just got unlucky and got the worst tech in the shop. good luck

B Martin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX

Quote Originally Posted by 99ssconv View Post
    first off if they didnt know about the service bulletin I wouldnt have much confidence in the repair. After the usb update is done you must reprogram the radio. I would guess the calibrations they picked are not correct for your configuration. We have to manually pick different calibrations for the system we are programming using the RPO options of the vehicle being worked on, the SRX's have different features like rear seat entertainment, park sensors, rear camera, etc. We do not check software updates during PDI's or such. If there is another dealer closer I would take it there or maybe you just got unlucky and got the worst tech in the shop. good luck
    Well, the radio was ordered and installed Friday Oct. 14. Recieved a phone call that the radio was doing the same thing, buttons were crossed up. The Service Foreman was communicating with GM about this problem. Haven't heard any update since Friday evening. As for the calibrations, I will talk to him about that. I have the premium model with rear entertainment.

Avenger9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thought I should update with the latest news. Bear with me as I get off track a bit (and rant) about my recent service experience. So after countless trips to the dealer for long acquisition times, the washington DC issue, etc - we had become somewhat complacent and felt like going back there was just a waste of time. So, when the time changed back in the fall, of course, the SRX thought it was one hour ahead. Always. Even after you manually reset the time. As we know, lots of people (everyone?) seemed to have this problem. So finally, I knew that they could not ignore this and would likely be due for a software/DB update.

So we drop it off with the following complaints:
    1. Nav: sat acquisition should not take 45seconds, clock resets itself, washington DC is default destination
    2. A/C intermittently blowing cool, but not cold, air
    3. Right headlight out

First of all, he would not even log the washington DC issue as a "complaint" on the service intake form. "It's normal" he says. Ugh, right, ok whatever....I'm not arguing right now. A/C, well this is the second time it's had this exact issue. First time they apparently clean some contaminants from the system. And the headlight, well it sounds like it might fall right under that headlight recall! I think we've got just about all the common issues going on with our SRX.

At any rate, fast forward to picking up the car. Clock - still reading one hour ahead. Unbelievable. So I manually set it back, just to see if it stays. Of course not. A/C - i guess is fixed, but haven't really used it. They replaced everything though (compressor, dryer, etc) - ouch! The kicker - right headlight is good, left headlight now out. At this point, I'm shaking my head in disbelief. Unbelievably sloppy work here. It's unfortunate that this dealer is 1mi from our house and the other is a 45min drive, otherwise the decision to take it elsewhere would be a no brainer.

If I hadn't noticed the map DB changed from U413 to U415, I would not have believed they even touched the nav. So naturally, the car goes back, again, for the clock issue and the headlight. After another 4 days in the shop, they ultimately realize that to resolve the clock they need to install a new nav box! Yay, second navi unit in 2 years!

And now, I'm back to U413 - without a "do not watch the screen and drive" warning message (thought that was "normal" too), without it defaulting to washington DC, and with much faster acquisition time.

I'm considering taking it back to him and saying that I'm concerned about the LACK OF defaulting to Washington, DC......since after all, YOU SAID IT WAS NORMAL!

So, let's see how long this nav behavior lasts. Until next time....

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger9 View Post
    Thought I should update with the latest news. Bear with me as I get off track a bit (and rant) about my recent service experience. So after countless trips to the dealer for long acquisition times, the washington DC issue, etc - we had become somewhat complacent and felt like going back there was just a waste of time. So, when the time changed back in the fall, of course, the SRX thought it was one hour ahead. Always. Even after you manually reset the time. As we know, lots of people (everyone?) seemed to have this problem. So finally, I knew that they could not ignore this and would likely be due for a software/DB update.

So we drop it off with the following complaints:
    1. Nav: sat acquisition should not take 45seconds, clock resets itself, washington DC is default destination
    2. A/C intermittently blowing cool, but not cold, air
    3. Right headlight out

First of all, he would not even log the washington DC issue as a "complaint" on the service intake form. "It's normal" he says. Ugh, right, ok whatever....I'm not arguing right now. A/C, well this is the second time it's had this exact issue. First time they apparently clean some contaminants from the system. And the headlight, well it sounds like it might fall right under that headlight recall! I think we've got just about all the common issues going on with our SRX.

At any rate, fast forward to picking up the car. Clock - still reading one hour ahead. Unbelievable. So I manually set it back, just to see if it stays. Of course not. A/C - i guess is fixed, but haven't really used it. They replaced everything though (compressor, dryer, etc) - ouch! The kicker - right headlight is good, left headlight now out. At this point, I'm shaking my head in disbelief. Unbelievably sloppy work here. It's unfortunate that this dealer is 1mi from our house and the other is a 45min drive, otherwise the decision to take it elsewhere would be a no brainer.

If I hadn't noticed the map DB changed from U413 to U415, I would not have believed they even touched the nav. So naturally, the car goes back, again, for the clock issue and the headlight. After another 4 days in the shop, they ultimately realize that to resolve the clock they need to install a new nav box! Yay, second navi unit in 2 years!

And now, I'm back to U413 - without a "do not watch the screen and drive" warning message (thought that was "normal" too), without it defaulting to washington DC, and with much faster acquisition time.

I'm considering taking it back to him and saying that I'm concerned about the LACK OF defaulting to Washington, DC......since after all, YOU SAID IT WAS NORMAL!

So, let's see how long this nav behavior lasts. Until next time....
    I feel your pain. I went through many of the same issues but I haven't had a problem in a while. My question to you is, "Would you buy another SRX?" Just curious.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Avenger, I haven't got the same problem, and haven't been to the dealer as often (only once, actually) but thought I would post what I am going to do in a similar case (I hope I haven't already posted this).

I took my '12 in a couple months after purchase because about 25% of the time, when I have the 'easy exit' seating turned on, the seat returned to a goofy spot when I got back in (all the way forward, outside mirrors pointed at the ground). Their resolution was 'cannot fix, disabled easy exit'. Of course, I turned it back on, I can live with using the memory button on the occasional times it happens.

But, the next time I take it in, I will report the same problem. EXCEPT, that this time, before I go to the service writer, I am going to stop by the salesmans office (who sold me the car) and just let the service writer explain to HIM why the gadgets he is pumping on the showroom floor are being deactivated back in service.

I can live with things that arent like I wish, if they were only wish lists of new capabilities. I cant complain that I dont have HID lights, when the car I bought clearly didnt have them! But when the salesman uses something to sell the car to me, or its a capability that was DESIGNED into it, I expect it to work. And if not, then I have a problem with the salesman AS WELL AS the service writer.

After every visit to the dealer, I get a call from customer service. She always says "If there is ANYTHING that will prevent you from giving us a perfect response on your survey (if you get one), please call immediately". I realize there are some things they cant do. They cant change the color, cant give me a supercharged V8, but they can fix things they way they are supposed to be.

Best of luck on your radio. Try dumping the problem on sales and at least see what the answer is... I dont even know that it will work.

Avenger9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Funny you mention that, we actually did pull our salesman into the mix early on. Basically, we're like "listen, service isn't getting done - get on it... if you want future customers." And he did help us to get things "escalated" - unfortunately, he recently passed away unexpectedly. However, we happen to know the owners of the dealer and with the recent flub of returning our car with 2 of the 4 problems it came in with - I threw out their name and how they are friends of ours. That got their attention

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.