Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. in Cadillac SRX Forums; No, It fixed the problem and Washington,D.C. does not come up and New York does....
    frankrizzo135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Re: Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC.

No, It fixed the problem and Washington,D.C. does not come up and New York does.

JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury

I was just at the dealership for this same issue... Dropped off the SRX this morning, got a call an hour later telling me she's ready to go. When I picked her up, the first thing I check was the state listed when entering a destination... Lo and behold, Washington DC. I immediately go back to the Service Department and explain the situation. The Service Rep talks with the tech making sure it was working correctly after the reflash and now they are ordering a new nav unit for me.

I'll keep everyone updated once it arrives but it looks like from what others have posted, a new unit may not fix the problem...

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by JChen View Post
    I was just at the dealership for this same issue... Dropped off the SRX this morning, got a call an hour later telling me she's ready to go. When I picked her up, the first thing I check was the state listed when entering a destination... Lo and behold, Washington DC. I immediately go back to the Service Department and explain the situation. The Service Rep talks with the tech making sure it was working correctly after the reflash and now they are ordering a new nav unit for me.

I'll keep everyone updated once it arrives but it looks like from what others have posted, a new unit may not fix the problem...
    If you have the same experience I did, it will "temporarily" fix the problem. Now mine is acting up again. I wonder how many new Nav units I'll have before my warranty runs out.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Had TSB P10285A done for the washington D.C issue and it fixed it. Don't forget though to set it to your state after the TSB though as the dealer wont set your home state most of the time.

You folks are gonna luv this one.

I took my SRX to the dealer with a two page list of things to do which were all software updates. One of the things I wanted fixed was the last State entered not being remembered in the Nav. Previously, I had taken it in for this problem and they replaced the entire Nav/Radio unit. However, today my service adviser let me know that whoever replaced the Nav/Radio before had failed to update the software in the unit. I never said anything but my thoughts were, "we'll why did it ever work?" But, I'll pick it all up tomorrow and we'll see.

The bottom line is: don't assume that just because they replace your Nav/Radio to fix a problem that they upgraded the software in it to the latest version.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Dealer installed new nav unit. Got rid of washington dc. Everthing is fine except the xm radio will not stay connected.
    This nav unit has a new(rebuilt) radio i.d. Number that belonged to a buick at one time. Called xm 6 times to day it would work but when i turned off car and tried it 15 minutes later no signal. They could not understand how a buick unit got into my srx.
    But in the end they said dealer did not hook up something. Back to dealer monday. Has anybody had this kind of problem.
    Wish i would of left it alone can live with washinton as home state but got to have xm

bobbig is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Did you have your NAV system replaced? Did if correct the problem?

NAV UNIT REPLACED AROUND JULY 21st EVERYTHING WAS CORRECTED. I COULD DELETE PREVIOUS DESTINATION. CLOCK WAS CORRECT MY HOME STATE WAS OHIO. BUT THE XM SIGNAL WOULD DISCONNECT WHEN I TURN OFF CAR. REPROGRAMED A DOZ TIME TECH HELP WHOLE 9 YDS.
    ANY WAY GETTING A NEW NAV UNIT AUG 1ST. WILL POST RESULTS MONDAY NIGHT

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Lose the CAPS LOCK.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

WHY IS THERE A REASON . MY EYESIGHT IS NOT THAT GOOD. EASIER FOR ME TO READ.

Quote Originally Posted by DELORES SCHNEIDER View Post
    WHY IS THERE A REASON . MY EYESIGHT IS NOT THAT GOOD. EASIER FOR ME TO READ.
    On the internet there is a term called "netiquette". Using the CAPS lock key is likened to shouting or screaming. It is considered inappropriate "netiquette" for normal conversation. If you have trouble reading, just increase the font size instead. I hope that helps.

P.S.: You can increase the font size in the browser without affecting the screen resolution of your entire computer.

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Steve is correct on this one.

Having been on many different forums the CAP LOCK function is for "SHOUTING" or LOUDLY expressing ones opinions or anger.

Thank you Steve. I did not know that. Sorry if I offended any body.
    Just trying to get the nav fixed. This is the 5th trip to the dealer

Smile Re: Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC.

Got SRX back from dealer new nav unit installed. Took about 5 hrs. Every thing works even have the little yellow car on the lower left hand of nav screen. Never had the yellow car in the 3 previous reprograms and last new refurbished nav unit.
    Also have the weather temp and conditions when I press the information button and the menu icon works.
    I think the dealer was as happy as me to get the Nav Unit problem resloved.

saugusta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Razorecko,

I'm having the same Washington, DC issue with my 2010 SRX nav system. Can you provide link to where this TSB is documented? I can't find anything online.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.