Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. in Cadillac SRX Forums; It is just a computer running a glorified program with a few push button dip switches. If the hard drive ...
    norman52 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Re: Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC.

It is just a computer running a glorified program with a few push button dip switches. If the hard drive and memory and motherboard are okay then it is usually a corrupt software issue. bad hardware should make it crash and stop completely. No different than a laptop running windows that acts up and the first thing they want you to do is reinstall the software.
    So far today it is still 100% Saves all favorites in navigation and radio. Defaults to my homes state and the digital clock is correct. I'll set up the phone later.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by norman52 View Post
    It is just a computer running a glorified program with a few push button dip switches. If the hard drive and memory and motherboard are okay then it is usually a corrupt software issue. bad hardware should make it crash and stop completely. No different than a laptop running windows that acts up and the first thing they want you to do is reinstall the software.
    So far today it is still 100% Saves all favorites in navigation and radio. Defaults to my homes state and the digital clock is correct. I'll set up the phone later.
    Good luck. It took two Nav/Radio replacements for mine to finally get fixed. Both of my "new" units worked fine for a time but it didn't stick. Clearly the hardware was flawed.

The service director told me they get paid $X to R&R a radio under warranty. No more no less. They order one in and they swap the radio out. They don't always arrive with Firmware 415 sometimes an earlier version.
    Two hours to update the firmware but that has to be another warranty claim after the radio is replaced. Cadillac wants to see if the radio works before they authorize the firmware upgrade.
    Most dealerships just keep swapping radios out until they find one that works.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by norman52 View Post
    The service director told me they get paid $X to R&R a radio under warranty. No more no less. They order one in and they swap the radio out. They don't always arrive with Firmware 415 sometimes an earlier version.
    Two hours to update the firmware but that has to be another warranty claim after the radio is replaced. Cadillac wants to see if the radio works before they authorize the firmware upgrade.
    Most dealerships just keep swapping radios out until they find one that works.
    I'm sure these Nav/Radio units are supplied by a 3rd party. Boy, I sure would like to know who it is that made these. GM's rushing the SRX to market before it was truly "debugged" has probably cost them a lot of $$. I know it has cost them at least one customer, me. I won't be buying GM anymore after this first attempt on the 2010 SRX.

Well, 60 days and almost 3,000 miles later and the firmware upgrade is still going strong. Radio has been perfect. Somehow got a free trial of XM and that sucks. Too many hills and tall trees around here. It drops out off and on until I get a clear view of the sky. Back to FM.

Pioneer4x4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010 Turbo Premium

I just picked up a used 2010 SRX Turbo Premium. It still has a few miles left on the full warranty. What all do I need to do to check if mine is affected? I know it had Washington in it when I first played with it, but I assumed that was because it was reset to default.
    Most importantly, how do I check my firmware version, and what is the current version that everyone gets upgraded to?

If I remember I believe you hit the config button and one of the screens there will tell you what version your radio is at. I upgraded to Firmware 415 and it solved my problem. this was after three dealerships told me that radio replacement was the only fix.

Pioneer4x4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010 Turbo Premium

Thanks, if everyone reported their version in posts it would help to understand more. I will check mine today.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

My 2010 had the same problems, the dealer did the software update first but it did not hold, then ordered a new radio unit and installed it some six months ago all has been fine since.
    If anyone has a 2010 and is still within the 48 month 50k mile warranty and has never had the problem (or does not know of it) get it to the dealer pronto and have it checked out, otherwise it may well cost quite a bit to fix.
    allgm likes this.

Zacvon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    If GM knows this is a flaw, why should I have to pay for it? Wrong, just wrong. I try to support the buy American brand, but to what length? I purchased a luxury Cadillac and the luxury has been back and forth to the dealership. Love the cars handling and comfort. Luxury, well it haven't quite come to that conclusion. Maybe I will try a different dealership regarding the software upgrade.

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium

2010 SRX under CPO, 76K. Purchased used, radio has all of the above listed issues, told dealer, they were about to order a new radio when the Service Manager said, no, just flash the firmware and it will fix it. Well got the car back and they informed me that they will need to order a new radio, waiting for it to come in. Oh, they killed my OnStar ( red light now on ). My dealer 8 out of 10 times breaks something else when doing repairs. Once radio is in, off to find another Service Dealer.

Rocky4052 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury

I have application version U415 and database version V 20.09.03. Mine goes back to Washington D.C. also. When I select POI I have to change the location to Ma. Is there a special procedure to make Ma. the default? Looked in manual and didn't find it................ Also...does anyone know how old my database version is?? My salesman told me that the system updates itself from satellites for free which is not true from what I've read here and online elsewhere. (GM site)

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

You need a new radio unit common problem on 2010. You have to buy the updates from GM on a disc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.