Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC. in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have not had my problem radio/nav system looked at yet. I suppose if they have to put in a ...
    etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury/Black Ice

Re: Nav / programming issue - clock resets and location defaults to Wash, DC.

I have not had my problem radio/nav system looked at yet. I suppose if they have to put in a whole new system I'll have to re-enter everything on the HDD. I have seven months left on the lease so I guess I better get it fixed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by etexlady View Post
    I have not had my problem radio/nav system looked at yet. I suppose if they have to put in a whole new system I'll have to re-enter everything on the HDD. I have seven months left on the lease so I guess I better get it fixed.
    Hello etexlady,

Are you experiencing current issues with your radio/nav system and thinking about taking your vehicle into a dealership? I am more than happy to stay involved throughout this process if you are experiencing issues. I can be reached via private message so we can continue our interaction and further discuss anything you would like.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by etexlady View Post
    I just had my radio replaced and yes I lost all of the music in the HDD. If you have it fixed they will try a software update first, this normally holds for a couple of hours, I understand the dealer has been informed by the factory to try the updates and then turn the vehilce off and let it sit for over 3 hours, after this if it defaults to Washington DC and the digital clock does not keep current time and the radio comes back on after you turn it off manually before switching the vehicle off it's time for you to get a new radio unit, this of course they will have to order so it will be another visit unless you get lucky and get given a loaner.

Robert J is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Gps

Hi I have a 2010 SRX with the Nav. system But it always defaults to Washington DC and the HDD will not remember witch album I was on when I restart my car. Has there been a recall on these systems?

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: Gps

Very common problem on early SRX. You need a new radio to fix this problem. Do a search for Washington DC Default. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert J View Post
    Hi I have a 2010 SRX with the Nav. system But it always defaults to Washington DC and the HDD will not remember witch album I was on when I restart my car. Has there been a recall on these systems?

Same thing happened to my 2010 SRX and to many more also, it seems to be a common fault, take it to the dealer, they will try and update the software and when that fails they will put a new unit it your vehicle under warrenty so long as it has not expired. Best of luck.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Robert this is a well known issue on the '10 and '11 SRX's. A quick search brings up many threads, the most helpful being this one (I will merge this one into).
    Please search a topic before starting a new post.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert J View Post
    Hello Robert J,

I apologize for the navigation malfunction you are experiencing. I recommend bringing your vehicle into your nearby Cadillac dealer for a vehicle diagnosis. I am more than happy to assist throughout this process. Please contact us via private message and include your contact information, VIN and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

cheryl89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadallic Srx 2.8 turbo

I am having the same issue with my Nav defauting to Washington.. is this covered under any warrenty?? or does the dealership do the upgrade for free to the U413??

So long as your 2010 is under 50k miles and 48 months old you are golden take it to the dealer and get a new radio installed, if you are out of warranty go cry to the dealer and see what he can do, tell him how long you have been having the issue and see what the outcome is.
    Best of luck
    allgm likes this.

norman52 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I have a 2010 Premium I bought used with 32,000 miles on it. I just noticed I have the clock reset issues (It just stays on eastern Time)
    Navigation doesn't save favorites. Otherwise it works great. Firmware was 306 and I took it to Bellevue Cadillac to see if they could update it to Firmware 415. They said they scanned the radio and there is an internal short in it and the firmware update won't fix the problem. They said the only fix is a new radio at over $2,000 since I am 3 months past the 4 year warranty.
    $2,000+ for a radio? I wish I would have bought the Lexus RX350 Vin 3GYFNFEY9AS503124
    stevec5375 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by norman52 View Post
    I have a 2010 Premium I bought used with 32,000 miles on it. I just noticed I have the clock reset issues (It just stays on eastern Time)
    Navigation doesn't save favorites. Otherwise it works great. Firmware was 306 and I took it to Bellevue Cadillac to see if they could update it to Firmware 415. They said they scanned the radio and there is an internal short in it and the firmware update won't fix the problem. They said the only fix is a new radio at over $2,000 since I am 3 months past the 4 year warranty.
    $2,000+ for a radio? I wish I would have bought the Lexus RX350 Vin 3GYFNFEY9AS503124
    Big Bummer, norman52 I feel your frustration and pain.

So after finding out it would be close to $2,000 to repair the radio since I am past the 4 years but still only 32,000 miles I am going to just take my losses and trade it in on a 2011 Lexus RX350. I lose $4,000 by trading it in but I gain the $2,000 by letting the next guy fix the radio. Lessons learned.

I also want to thank Cadillac Customer service for looking into this for me. The fact that they tried meant a lot. Unfortunately they were unable to come up with any kind of discount to help me out with what seems to be a common 2010 SRX problem. It was still nice that they were there at least offering to help.

Dougs Cadillac fixed it with a Firmware upgrade to 415. Works perfectly and only cost $152.31. everywhere else wanted to replace the radio.

Andy_TN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I honestly hope that is the final solution for you - but for those of us who have dealt with the issue before, a hardware replacement was the only solution (after trying software/firmware updates). Hang on to that receipt should things change in the future.
    allgm likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.