LA Wheel & Tire "CHROME EXCHANGE" rims??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, LA Wheel & Tire "CHROME EXCHANGE" rims?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Was wondering what my stock 18" rims would look like in chrome. Ran across LA Wheel & Tire chrome exchange ...
    markeetaux is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX (base) Gray Flannel

LA Wheel & Tire "CHROME EXCHANGE" rims??

Was wondering what my stock 18" rims would look like in chrome. Ran across
    LA Wheel & Tire chrome exchange program. Basically you trade your rims for chrome rims at about $200 a rim. Anyone have more information or first hand experience with this exchangr program?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: LA Wheel & Tire "CHROME EXCHANGE" rims??

It looks awesome enough. I think it would be a good deal, especially for those with the painted 20"s, they can have "real" chrome rims compared to us with the Chrome Tech rims!

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

I have considered trading my 20's for chrome 18's several times! (same company) Outer diameter is same so speedo and computer should all be happy and I get a larger sidewall tire and a softer ride. Of course I have to buy new 18" tires also and guess I don't dislike the 20" ride enough to pull the trigger.........

Final thought.............a real chromed wheel WILL pit in 3 years if you live in a salt/snow environment!! (been there, done that many times over the years) The OEM chrome- techs can be repaired if cracked/chipped and will not rust/flake/dull for many years. just a thought.

Good luck, I applaud your taste in wheels!

SS

duplicate....

SS

dpamess is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

I had two bad experiences with LA Wheels and Tire. I used Marcus at US Wheel Exchange. Let him know you were referred by David in Colorado Springs. Pics to follow.

My 2010 SRX with 18" Chrome Exchange Wheels from Marcus at uswheelexchange.com
    Attached Images

GaryNL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Very interested in you comment about the OEM Chrome Clad wheels being repairable. I thought the cladding was plastic with some kind of chrome lamanent. Local car wash ruined my front rim which they are replacing (cost ~$450 for just the rim) but only a minor blimish to the back one. Not worth replacing but I would like to have repaired.

Thanks David, The rims look great! Your experience with US Wheel Exchange was positive from your post. How was the pricing, service?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Wow! Those make the 18's POP!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryNL View Post
    Very interested in you comment about the OEM Chrome Clad wheels being repairable. I thought the cladding was plastic with some kind of chrome lamanent. Local car wash ruined my front rim which they are replacing (cost ~$450 for just the rim) but only a minor blimish to the back one. Not worth replacing but I would like to have repaired.
    Hi. While surfing thru Google for 2010 SRX chrome wheels, I stumbled on a co that repairs the outer plastic-chrome layer, which is epoxyed onto an alloy rim underneath. I can;t locate right now but look a bit on Google, for above and Chrome wheel repair. I only saw 1 guy!

SS

Pricing was lower than LA Wheel and Tire and the Service was Great! The Chrome Wheels arrived on Thursday, I put them on my SRX Friday and mailed the old rims back. By the following Thursday the core charge of $800 was back in my bank. Also I live in Colorado where we use magnesium chloride on the roads in the winter. US Wheel puts a 5 years "no pitting" guarantee for magnesium chloride on their chrome wheels, LA Wheel does not.

dpamess, I talked to Marcus from US wheel exchange today. They are in fact higher in price than LA wheel and tire ($268.75 a wheel) after refund.
    However it's hard to ignore 5 years of warranty against pitting and peeling. I suppose chewing on the additional cost for a while will soften the blow
    a bit and it will give me time to figure out how to slide one large past the wife.
    Once again, your wheels look great, the only slight issue I have is that the crest logo is chromed, would be nice if somehow they could've retained
    the color of the caddy logo.

Agreed about logo. Wheels looks very good. I got chromed caps w / COLORED center caps from Ebay and added to my OEM chrome wheels. looks great and are wearing great after 20 car washes. See my album for pix.

I think seller was BigDaddyCaddy, on Ebay......... There are others. He was SUPER reliable and worked w/ me on all shipping costs.

SS

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

Wow, what a difference the chrome made. Those wheels look really sharp! I wish there was a company that would do that up here in Canuckville

alan_lawheel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by dpamess View Post
    Pricing was lower than LA Wheel and Tire and the Service was Great! The Chrome Wheels arrived on Thursday, I put them on my SRX Friday and mailed the old rims back. By the following Thursday the core charge of $800 was back in my bank. Also I live in Colorado where we use magnesium chloride on the roads in the winter. US Wheel puts a 5 years "no pitting" guarantee for magnesium chloride on their chrome wheels, LA Wheel does not.
    LA Wheel's show-quality chrome contains the highest quality nickel in the industry, as well as chrome, making them more resistant to corrosion. We also offer WinterChrome wheels, which use a PVD process that allows to do a simple 5 year warranty on WinterChrome wheels that includes corrosion!

Just FYI

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.