iPod playlist song sequence - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, iPod playlist song sequence in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by TheCaptain Well then, you should get a Cadillac with the real Sapele Pommele wood trim! Actually, I ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: iPod playlist song sequence

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Well then, you should get a Cadillac with the real Sapele Pommele wood trim!
    Actually, I wouldn't mind simulated wood if somebody could make it look like the real thing instead of a cheap, repeating pattern that looks plasticy. I would rather save the trees to produce oxygen for us to breathe.

kbrooks is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank you for running this down. I tried with the 160GB classic and a 30GB classic, but not with an iTouch or iPhone. I'm going to try those types of iPods to see how they work.

opuskaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I tried complaining to customer care but they can not help. If I honestly knew this before I got the car I would have bought another Mercedes where it was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinOpp View Post
    yeah, this sucks.....my wife just bought me the 160GB Classic so i can have virtually my entire music collection at my disposal, and then i find out it plays it back alphabetically whether i play by album or even playlist.

if i wanted random song playing, i could have bought an iPod Shuffle!!!

even more annoyingly, much of my music is live music/recorded concerts. this is bad enough on a studio album, but when it's a live show and it's jumping all over, and songs may typically have segues into each other (think the Grateful Dead/Phish/Widespread Panic), it completely destroys the mood of the show.

for me, this is basically a dealbreaker on using the iPod. if anyone makes me a great deal on a brand new 160GB Classic in silver, make yourself known......

Nancy116 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Oh my goodness, this is a huge problem. I just checked my BMW to see how that works with my iPod 8GB Nano. I have a choice of Playlists, Artists, ALBUMS, and Songs. I like the randomness of "Songs" and I like being surprised with what's next. However, that option sorts the songs alphabetically by title. I was a couple hours into a drive to FL before I realized it -- after four songs starting with the word "Candy" played right in a row. It wasn't a big deal, but I totally understand your frustration. And this isn't the type of thing you'd check on a test-drive so by the time you realize it, it's too late.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Put your ipod on shuffle. Though you have to manually do that after every startup in the Ipod menu.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

KevinOpp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Peformance Turbo

Well, after all of this time, i actually came up with a fix!!

i have already narrowed down the fact that the touchscreen ipods/iphones work correctly, but the classic scroll wheel ipods revert to alphabetical order rather than track number.

i had just gone on an extended trip, so i once again bought a 7th generation ipod classic 160gb to have all my music on. i've got about 13,000 songs in 256 AAC on there, and still about 20 free gigs or so. but what i did this time was go to "Doug's Applescripts for iTunes" (for Macs only as far as i know), and found an Applescript there called "Track number to song name prefix". and what that did was take all of my songs that were pretty well organized already, and had their track numbers in place, and it automatically moved the track numbers to the beginnng of the song name. so all songs became "01 Whole Lotta Love, 02 What is and What Should Never Be, etc". it took about 20 minutes to change all 13k songs, but once it did and i reloaded them onto the ipod, they are now playing the albums in the correct order since there is a numerical prefix before each track. not ideal, but now that it's done, i have all of my music with me on an ipod classic that i just keep plugged into the USB port. so it works!

if anyone's unclear about what i did, feel free to ask me anything. i do not know if there is a version of this type of script for Windows iTunes, however.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

great solution!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

Yea I had to add track number before title on my usb's but far as apple products only used my iPhone so I didn't know about this problem

jbsharpe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Premium

I think I've figured out how to get IPOD shuffle to work on my 2011 SRX Premium without dealing with the alphabetical list issue. Stumbled on it by chance while playing around with my IPad. I'm not sure if this works with the SRX's w/o the pop-up nav screen.

Lot's of button pushes, but it does work:

Step 1. In the IPOD menu of the SRX, pick the category you want to use (Playlist, Genre, Artist, Album, etc).
    Step 2. After the SRX loads the category, it will be in alphabetical order either by the artist, album or song. Select the first song and let it start playing.
    Step 3. Touch the "IPOD" menu on your screen which will take you back to the menu.
    Step 4. Touch "Shuffle" to enable the check mark. (if the check mark is on, then touch twice to turn it on/off).
    Step 5. Hit the back button to return to the song (You'll also now see the "shuffle icon" on the screen. Then you can go to the next song, and your category is now in Shuffle mode... If you want to reshuffle, just go back to Step 3.

I've tried it on my iPad, IPhone and older 1st Generation IPod. Works every time and doesn't put the shuffle list in alphabetical order, but in true shuffle mode.

Still not the best way to get shuffle to work, but it's 100% better than the existing alphabetical order.

Enjoy,
    Jeff

And you have to re hit shuffle after every startup. It won't remember that you hit shuffle.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

jbsharpe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Premium

Once you've got it setup, no need to reset the shuffle if you turn on and off the car. It does remember. This is for the initial step. Not the greatest design, but at least I got it working.

Oh, well. Mine doesn't remember.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.