Loss of memory from drivers seat
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Loss of memory from drivers seat in Cadillac SRX Forums; About every 2-3 days I loose the stored memory from the drivers seat which is not the end of the ...
    doctormstein1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Loss of memory from drivers seat

About every 2-3 days I loose the stored memory from the drivers seat which is not the end of the world but annoying. When I bring it to the dealer they say that they tested the module but can not duplicate this problem . Therefore nothing can be done. Does anyone have this same problem? What I would like to do is show the dealership a list from this forum of others that do have this problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Re: Loss of memory from drivers seat

Oh Yes...
    I just passed the one year mark, and I have had this problem since day one!
    Not only does it "forget" what is stored in positions 1 and 2 on the drivers seat, it also forgets the last position by which key fob is used.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...searchid=32818

You are correct, it is not the end of the world, however, I would like to get into my $45,000 vehicle and not get pissed off because there are two drivers and I have to reset my seats and mirrors EVERY TIME I DRIVE IT...

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

I wonder why mine has never had this problem, even though lately i've been moving the seat around a lot, just to test it.

TexasStation is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My dealer ordered a new seat module for mine for the same issue. Should be in later this week. I'll keep y'all posted.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

And just so we are clear on proper procedures:

1. Adjust seats to liking
    2. SAve settings by holding the "1" button
    3. Exit Vehicle (seat returns to exit position if set in config)
    4. Lock Vehicle
    5. Unlock Vehicle
    6. Open Door
    7. Seat should return to Custom Setting <==== are you saying this does not happen????

It works fine on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    And just so we are clear on proper procedures:

1. Adjust seats to liking
    2. SAve settings by holding the "1" button
    3. Exit Vehicle (seat returns to exit position if set in config)
    4. Lock Vehicle
    5. Unlock Vehicle
    6. Open Door
    7. Seat should return to Custom Setting <==== are you saying this does not happen????

It works fine on mine.
    It sets just fine. The problem is latter in the day, the next day or two days latter this memory is lost and you have to start again.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by doctormstein1 View Post
    It sets just fine. The problem is latter in the day, the next day or two days latter this memory is lost and you have to start again.
    I would be curious of the problem actually occurs 15 mins. after you turn off the car. If so, it is due to RAP being removed (RAP=Retained Accessory Power). 10 minutes after turning off the car, all power is removed from devices like the Radio, power windows, sun roof, etc. This is what was happening with my Radio forgetting the last selected channel.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I would be curious of the problem actually occurs 15 mins. after you turn off the car. If so, it is due to RAP being removed (RAP=Retained Accessory Power). 10 minutes after turning off the car, all power is removed from devices like the Radio, power windows, sun roof, etc. This is what was happening with my Radio forgetting the last selected channel.
    Do you have any idea what the dealer can do if this is the problem. What would I suggest to them in case they go dumb

Quote Originally Posted by doctormstein1 View Post
    Do you have any idea what the dealer can do if this is the problem. What would I suggest to them in case they go dumb
    Seems that several people on this forum have had their seat memory module reprogrammed or replaced and that fixed the issue.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2118055

SoCalGal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (previously 2005 CTS)

I have had my SRX for almost a year and I have had problems with the seat memory also since day one. I have had it in to the dealor on many occassions and the last time they replaced the seat module. It seemed to be better for a while but I'm now having problems again. I have notice that when it "forgets" it's setting, if I move the seat forward about 1 to 2 inches then press the button (1 or 2) again, it will move to the correct memory setting.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Ours works fine, I just don't like the way it works, so I have exit seating turned off. It drives me nuts that the seats moves to the driving position BEFORE you enter the car. Our 08 CTS, the seat didn't move forward to driving position, till you started the car.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

I love the Exit Seating, but I turn OFF Memory Seat Return! As u said, who wants the seat to move forward before you're in it! I just press the Memory button after I'm seated. BUT WHY couldn't they make it a One Touch, like the windows??? Gotta hold it for 5 seconds to get everything into place What a pain after by 2004 SRX and 2008 Enclave both had one touch! Sheesh...............

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    I love the Exit Seating, but I turn OFF Memory Seat Return! As u said, who wants the seat to move forward before you're in it! I just press the Memory button after I'm seated. BUT WHY couldn't they make it a One Touch, like the windows??? Gotta hold it for 5 seconds to get everything into place What a pain after by 2004 SRX and 2008 Enclave both had one touch! Sheesh...............

SS
    Lowest bidder perhaps?

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGal View Post
    I have noticed that when it "forgets" it's setting, if I move the seat forward about 1 to 2 inches then press the button (1 or 2) again, it will move to the correct memory setting.
    Exactly the same problem and results for one of my seat problems, the other is sometimes when exiting the vehicle you can hear the seat memory beep, which tells you that you have just set/reset the seat memory, which of course wipes out one of the existing ones.

This is all random, it can work fine for days at a time, or screw up everyday...

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

The 2011 owner's manual has additional information on seats and memory below.

If I'm understanding this issue correctly, it happens when
    (1) Exit Seating is enabled
    (2) Seat Memory recall is enabled
    At unknown random intervals, the seat does not return to the memory position when the vehicle is unlocked. Do I have this right?

Is everyone using the same remote all the time, or might you be switching them up?

Recalling RKE Memory Positions (Memory Remote Recall)
    The Memory Remote Recall feature can recall the driver seat, outside mirrors, and adjustable pedals, if available, to previously stored RKE Memory positions when entering the vehicle.
    Every time the ignition is placed in OFF, the positions of the driver seat, outside mirrors, and adjustable pedals, if available, are automatically stored to the RKE transmitter that was used to start the vehicle.
    These positions are called RKE Memory positions and may be different than the previously mentioned Button Memory positions saved to the “1” or “2” buttons.
    To automatically recall RKE Memory positions, unlock the driver door with the RKE transmitter, and open the driver door. On vehicles with Keyless Access, opening the driver door when an RKE transmitter is present will activate the RKE Memory recall. If the driver door is already open, pressing the RKE transmitter unlock button will also activate the RKE Memory recall. The driver seat, outside mirrors, and pedals, if available, will move to the previously saved RKE Memory positions.
    This feature is turned on or off using the vehicle personalization menu.
    See “Memory Remote Recall” under Vehicle Personalization on page 5‑40 for more information.
    To stop recall movement, press one of the memory, power mirror, or power seat controls, or the adjustable pedal switch, if available.
    If something has blocked the driver seat and/or the adjustable pedals, if available, while recalling a memory position, the recall may stop. Remove the obstruction; then press and hold the appropriate manual control for the memory item that is not recalling for two seconds.
    Try recalling the memory position again by opening the driver door and pressing the RKE transmitter unlock button. If the memory position is still not recalling, see your dealer for service.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.