Loss of memory from drivers seat - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Loss of memory from drivers seat in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...
    doctormstein1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Loss of memory from drivers seat

Quote Originally Posted by cz9h3d View Post
    The 2011 owner's manual has additional information on seats and memory below.

If I'm understanding this issue correctly, it happens when
    (1) Exit Seating is enabled
    (2) Seat Memory recall is enabled
    At unknown random intervals, the seat does not return to the memory position when the vehicle is unlocked. Do I have this right?

Is everyone using the same remote all the time, or might you be switching them up?

Recalling RKE Memory Positions (Memory Remote Recall)
    The Memory Remote Recall feature can recall the driver seat, outside mirrors, and adjustable pedals, if available, to previously stored RKE Memory positions when entering the vehicle.
    Every time the ignition is placed in OFF, the positions of the driver seat, outside mirrors, and adjustable pedals, if available, are automatically stored to the RKE transmitter that was used to start the vehicle.
    These positions are called RKE Memory positions and may be different than the previously mentioned Button Memory positions saved to the “1” or “2” buttons.
    To automatically recall RKE Memory positions, unlock the driver door with the RKE transmitter, and open the driver door. On vehicles with Keyless Access, opening the driver door when an RKE transmitter is present will activate the RKE Memory recall. If the driver door is already open, pressing the RKE transmitter unlock button will also activate the RKE Memory recall. The driver seat, outside mirrors, and pedals, if available, will move to the previously saved RKE Memory positions.
    This feature is turned on or off using the vehicle personalization menu.
    See “Memory Remote Recall” under Vehicle Personalization on page 5‑40 for more information.
    To stop recall movement, press one of the memory, power mirror, or power seat controls, or the adjustable pedal switch, if available.
    If something has blocked the driver seat and/or the adjustable pedals, if available, while recalling a memory position, the recall may stop. Remove the obstruction; then press and hold the appropriate manual control for the memory item that is not recalling for two seconds.
    Try recalling the memory position again by opening the driver door and pressing the RKE transmitter unlock button. If the memory position is still not recalling, see your dealer for service.
    Thanks for this print out. For me however, all this has been tried. IT works for a short period of time and for no apparent reason the memory is lost. When I bring it to the service department, nothing can be reproduced when testing out the module. Which is this problem therefore they don't want to repair anything until it can be reproduced Catch 22.

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Quote Originally Posted by doctormstein1 View Post
    ... all this has been tried. IT works for a short period of time and for no apparent reason the memory is lost. When I bring it to the service department, nothing can be reproduced when testing out the module. Which is this problem therefore they don't want to repair anything until it can be reproduced Catch 22.
    Yep, same here for over a year now...been through Cadillac Customer Assistance, which was absolutely useless, and four cases with the dealer, which were also absolutely useless, and the problems remain; sometimes it remembers which fob/driver opened the door and drove the car, and sometimes it doesn't, sometimes button 1 or 2 remember what is stored in the seat memory, and sometimes it doesn't, sometimes when it doesn't if you manually move the seat up an inch or two and then press button 1 or 2 it will then remember, and sometimes it doesn't.
    I love the styling of the SRX, I love the ride of the SRX, but I am really beginning to hate the driving experience of this car, I really don't like getting angry almost every time I get into my SRX (premium) - Will it or won't it today...
    I am really tired of having to manually set my seat and mirrors a few time a week...
    My last vehicle was a BMW X5, and it had it's own strange "quirks" but NEVER once did it loose it's seat / mirrors memory positions in the nine years that I had it!

This is the second Cadillac that I have owned, and I believe that it will be my last.

johnl327 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by doctormstein1 View Post
    About every 2-3 days I loose the stored memory from the drivers seat which is not the end of the world but annoying. When I bring it to the dealer they say that they tested the module but can not duplicate this problem . Therefore nothing can be done. Does anyone have this same problem? What I would like to do is show the dealership a list from this forum of others that do have this problem.
    i have had this problem for about 7 months on and off ,I have taken it to the dealer 5 times and it still is not fixed,they said they reprogrammed it and also changed the module I am picking the car up from the dealer tomorrow.I have brought the car to the dealer for this and a bunch of other problems since I got the vehicle its been at the dealer for a total of 6 weeks on and off at different times.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Lowest bidder perhaps?
    Actually, I heard a good answer..............someone was hurt after pushing the memory button (on a 1-touch car) and getting "crunched" cause the steering wheel had been pulled out by someone else. It apparently doesn't auto-reverse, like the windows do.................oh well. But could ya put a LIGHT on those damned memory buttons Caddy??

SS

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    ... But could ya put a LIGHT on those damned memory buttons Caddy??

SS
    What's wrong bud? You're sensors on your fingers don't work so well no more?

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

LOL .....they're OK, but for $50 K, I don't want to grope in the dark..........that's for other stuff. I know it's cold up there but, maybe if you warm your hands first........Someday I'll tell ya!

SS

kwd
    kwd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX / 2009 CTS

I am a life long GM owner, and purchased a 2009 CTS last year for my wife, and a 2010 SRX for me this year. These are our first cadillacs. The CTS is flawless. The SRX has been nothing but a repair and service nightmare. However, in most of my GM vehicles, the memory seating has lost the memory from time to time. This is something I have come to accept. In the SRX case, I have seen where the posiiton of the program buttons on the seat make them easy to push with your leg as you exit or enter the car. So I wander if this is the case sometimes?

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by kwd View Post
    I am a life long GM owner, and purchased a 2009 CTS last year for my wife, and a 2010 SRX for me this year. These are our first cadillacs. The CTS is flawless. The SRX has been nothing but a repair and service nightmare. However, in most of my GM vehicles, the memory seating has lost the memory from time to time. This is something I have come to accept. In the SRX case, I have seen where the posiiton of the program buttons on the seat make them easy to push with your leg as you exit or enter the car. So I wander if this is the case sometimes?
    Given the ever-increasing girth of some American thighs (gasp), it should not be surprising if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Given the ever-increasing girth of some American thighs (gasp), it should not be surprising if this is the case.
    lol, does that make the SRX's memory button placement a design error, or user error then?

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    lol, does that make the SRX's memory button placement a design error, or user error then?
    Unless they offer double-wide seats as an option, I would call it "user error".

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

Guys - I'm no expert, and you're all living with this issue everyday - so I do suggest you leverage your dealer as appropriate.

Anyways....in regards to the seat memory.
    -There was a software update released during the 2010MY for seat memory issues.
    -There was a module update to address issues with Premium Collection cars that have passive entry.

-YOU MUST HAVE "Memory Remote Recall" enabled in the "Remote Lock/Unlock/Start" menu under Vehicle Personalization if you want your seat to always be in your desired position. This returns the seat to the position it was in when last used with a specific remote.
    -The seat position recalled using this feature has nothing to do with the Memory 1 or 2 positions you can save on the actual seat.

If somebody else drives your car "with your remote", and moves the seat - either manually or by pressing a memory button. It will be in this position when you return with the same remote.

If you are using the "Easy Exit Driver Seat" - which is set under the "Comfort and Convenience" menu, you need to also enable the "memory remote recall" feature if you want the seat back in the driving position when you open the door. Again, you have to use the same remote as when you exited the vehicle, as this is how the car remembers where to return the seat.

As far as the memory button losing its memory, as previously stated, it is possible for the seat side cushion to deform and hit the button when you exit the vehicle. You will hear a "beep" when this occurs.

LarryK - I know you've had ongoing issues, and would appreciate if you'd let us all know if you (a) have had the required updates, and (b) what settings do you use under Personalization, and (c) you use the same fob, and don't share?

Geez...seems like one needs a PhD to figure this out...

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I wonder why mine has never had this problem, even though lately i've been moving the seat around a lot, just to test it.
    Ummmm...could it be that you are the ONLY driver??? (Me, too...so I never have this problem either. )

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    Ummmm...could it be that you are the ONLY driver??? (Me, too...so I never have this problem either. )
    I have to lol, but lately i have had lots of other drivers. I'm finally letting the rest of the family have at it. Every time i push that button #1, everything goes back to where i originally set it!

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Quote Originally Posted by cz9h3d View Post
    LarryK - I know you've had ongoing issues, and would appreciate if you'd let us all know if you (a) have had the required updates, and (b) what settings do you use under Personalization, and (c) you use the same fob, and don't share?

Geez...seems like one needs a PhD to figure this out...
    The last time I had it in was 3/19/10, and at that time it had all of the software patches applied...
    Memory Recall is enabled, as is easy exit.
    The system does work, when it wants to, we have bets - will it or won't it!
    Some days it works perfectly, and other days it suffers from "CRS".
    I think that Premium SRX's with only one driver do not have these problems, but if there are two drivers, it just gets confused, which really ticks me off, as I have spent my career in the computer industry, and there is no excuse for these problems - setting/resetting your seat position has been around for a long time, this is not a new idea...
    I'll stop now, as I get ticked off every time I think about it, you should not pissed off every time you think about your luxury car - Thanks Cadillac...

TexasStation is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I finally brought mine in to the dealer a few weeks ago and mentioned some of the comments I have read on this thread. I think that convinced them to go ahead and replace the seat module. Since then, the remote memory recall has worked flawlessly with two drivers. We bought our SRX in late June, so I am curious if we had the original seat module and they replaced it with the upgraded one. So far, so good, though. Hope it stays working.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.