Radio Power Problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Radio Power Problems in Cadillac SRX Forums; When I bought my SRX the radio worked like every other car I have owned. If the radio was powered ...
    jimallyn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Radio Power Problems

When I bought my SRX the radio worked like every other car I have owned. If the radio was powered "on" when you turned the car off then it would come back "on" when you started the car an hour or so later (after the car had powered down). In the last couple of weeks I have to push the power button to turn the radio "on" every time I start the car (after the car has powered down). I have had it into the dealer 3 times and they say that is the way it is supposed to work but I am skeptical. It didn't use to work that way nor has any other car I am aware of work that way. Has anyone else experienced this problem or is it just me. They recently did a software update which they said would fix the issues with the radio but nothing has changed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Radio Power Problems

Quote Originally Posted by jimallyn View Post
    When I bought my SRX the radio worked like every other car I have owned. If the radio was powered "on" when you turned the car off then it would come back "on" when you started the car an hour or so later (after the car had powered down). In the last couple of weeks I have to push the power button to turn the radio "on" every time I start the car (after the car has powered down). I have had it into the dealer 3 times and they say that is the way it is supposed to work but I am skeptical. It didn't use to work that way nor has any other car I am aware of work that way. Has anyone else experienced this problem or is it just me. They recently did a software update which they said would fix the issues with the radio but nothing has changed.

See this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-shutdown.html

russellsmtry is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool Re: Radio Power Problems

Quote Originally Posted by jimallyn View Post
    I have been having the same problem with my 2010 radio actually goes on when the car starts but cuts out in about 15 sec. also the clock will not stay set and the year keeps going back to 2006 and always says that I am in washington, DC
    Mine is at the dealers now they just called and said they got it fixed. They said they had to completely erase the brain in the system and install a new brain. They said it is working fine now we will find out when I pick it up in the morning.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Jimallyn (if you're still reading this) board, have you contacted our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center yet regarding this frustration? If you would like me to look into this matter further for you, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Russellsmtry, I hope you will keep us updated once your SRX returns home from the dealer. Thank you for sharing your feedback so far!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

mtemple is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I have this EXACT problem along with some others. It has begun losing the last station I listened to and always starts with FAV 1 when I start. I also see in the navigation system that I am in Washington DC no matter what I enter. I also have deleted all saved destinations and it acknowledges this and delets them. But the next time I restart the car, they are all there again. It will also not retain the proper digital clock setting once I shut down. Blue tooth is flaky as a $3 bill as often I cannot answer calls.

But the worst of it is that the air conditioning now only comes on in the passenger side. I have yet to take this back to the dealer, but I intend to and I hope for a good experience.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Well documented issue. Dealer will want to try to install latest USB software update for the radio (version U415). This doesn't usually fix it though. Usually the radio will have to be replaced. Had this done about a month ago. Solved all the issues you described.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.