Twin Turbo 3.0 Coming To Cadillac SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Twin Turbo 3.0 Coming To Cadillac SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; The 3.0 liter twin turbo LF3 engine will be making it into the Cadillac SRX for the 2013 model year ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Twin Turbo 3.0 Coming To Cadillac SRX

The 3.0 liter twin turbo LF3 engine will be making it into the Cadillac SRX for the 2013 model year - which should also include some interior and exterior upgrades. The 2.8 liter will be dropped and the 3.6 liter base engine (non direct injected) will replace it. The twin turbo engine should produce around 350 horsepower.

There's also a possibility we'll see a two-mode hybrid variant with a plug-in feature (think Saturn Vue) in the not-too-distant future.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Re: Twin Turbo 3.0 Coming To Cadillac SRX

Thank you thankyou thankyou Cadillac...I am so glad I waited; all the recalls,dead batteries in this currant underpowered Mexico product would have shortened my life.......I can wait til 2013 for a good one

If you want more power, there will very likely be tunes available to boost that horsepower up around 400 or so fairly inexpensively...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Actually, dc, I consider my 2010 a "good" one. I have had NO problems, except the chrome strip. It has plenty of power for my wife and I and meets all our needs. I am sure that there are things to come for the SRX that I would like, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the very fine automobile that I have. So, I hope you get your GOOD one also, and that you are satisfied with it. I meanwhile will contine to emjoy my present SRX, and based on my vehicle history, will probably be ready to trade by 2013, so I may also enjoy a GOOD one as you put it.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Gotta tell ya I love my 3.0 AWD Performance! No problems w/ 1K miles yet, even though I do wish for more power at times. (10% of the time?) I only avoided the current Turbo because of the pronounced "whine" it made even under moderate boost. But chips are avail to boost even this one !

Late 2013 is when my lease runs out............Hmmmm...... Thx for the heads up! But I'm glad I jumped in 2010 :-)

SS

Don't take offense to dctex99's "good" remarks. If it makes you feel better, change "good" to "better" - for the new SRX will be better than the current model. There are plenty of people who feel the current SRX is underpowered - just like most Cadillacs have been for the past decade or so...

In 1999 or so when I had my Eldorado Touring Coupe, I thought I had a fast Cadillac - it hit 60 in 6.6 seconds - then I met up with a Toyota Aristo (Lexus GS) that did it in 5.9... Cadillac needs to get on the ball in this area. And quickly...

Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

It seems that people always associate more power with the quality of the car. Most automobile reviewers think every vehicle should have 600 hp and go 0-60 in 4 seconds. As long as the owner is satisfied with the power, then that is all that matters. The 3.0 has plenty of power for what we use it for, enjoying trips, and getting from point A to point B. The vehicle wasn't designed as a race car, so why do people think it should be so? If you want more power, then there are a multitude of high horsepower vehicles out there that will serve the purpose. As for the GOOD remark, I think dc said exactly what he meant, and I beg to differ. The amount of power a vehicle has is not a measure of how "GOOD" it is, unless that is ther criteria it was built for.

As far as dctex99 is concerned, the "good one" is the one with more power. To each his/her own... Each person has their own definition of 'fast enough'. Some people like to sit up a little higher than the bulk of traffic on the road - but don't want to sacrifice good performance.. And, yes - there are other options out there for people who need a little more power.. Like the BMW X5 or Infiniti FX50. I'm sure GM and Cadillac would rather have something to offer these people rather than have them go elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    It seems that people always associate more power with the quality of the car. Most automobile reviewers think every vehicle should have 600 hp and go 0-60 in 4 seconds. As long as the owner is satisfied with the power, then that is all that matters. The 3.0 has plenty of power for what we use it for, enjoying trips, and getting from point A to point B. The vehicle wasn't designed as a race car, so why do people think it should be so? If you want more power, then there are a multitude of high horsepower vehicles out there that will serve the purpose. As for the GOOD remark, I think dc said exactly what he meant, and I beg to differ. The amount of power a vehicle has is not a measure of how "GOOD" it is, unless that is ther criteria it was built for.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Boo turbo schmurbo. I want a supercharger! Whined it up!

Eh but i guess it takes all kinds. I'm rather quite happy with my 3.0L DI. Much happier if i got another two cylinders and some displacement out of it (V8) though... lol

You're not alone. Many people miss the Northstar SRX...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Boo turbo schmurbo. I want a supercharger! Whined it up!

Eh but i guess it takes all kinds. I'm rather quite happy with my 3.0L DI. Much happier if i got another two cylinders and some displacement out of it (V8) though... lol

Guilty! My '04 SRX AWD V-8 surprised many a Mustang GT. It weighed 4500Lbs (sound familiar?) and had a 5 speed autom. w/ 320HP/315Ft lbs. on reg gas! I became the Smokin' SRX!

Gotta admit though, I like my MPG better now...........

SS

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    You're not alone. Many people miss the Northstar SRX...
    Hehe, i was thinking more along the lines of the upcoming 5.5L DI V8...

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    Guilty! My '04 SRX AWD V-8 surprised many a Mustang GT. It weighed 4500Lbs (sound familiar?) and had a 5 speed autom. w/ 320HP/315Ft lbs. on reg gas!
    How did you do against those GTs? That must have been fun.. I love sleepers...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Hehe, i was thinking more along the lines of the upcoming 5.5L DI V8...
    That would be pretty cool.. Our X5M competitor?

qball is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX turbo

Our 2.8 turbo has no whine as you describe but it does have tons of torque. God...a twin turbo...we couldn't afford all the speeding tickets. Can't wait to test drive one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    How did you do against those GTs? That must have been fun.. I love sleepers...

That would be pretty cool.. Our X5M competitor?
    From a roll of 15-25MPH I was able to keep up with the GT's and sometimes beat them to the speed limit. One guy stopped me at the light and asked...."what do have in there?" LOL

Never tried an X-5 but bet I would cream the six cyl and match the 4.4L V-8, that some had. Think it made 345 HP? The turbo and M series made more. Weighed about 200lbs more too.

I saw an add for the G-Force chip. $69 with a no hassle return privilege. Probably just gives a few more ponies ( I think they said 50!) but at big MPG expense, I'm sure. I read that it enriches the fuel mix /advances the timing (like a cold motor needs) and thus more HP derived all the time. An interesting idea..............but I don't need any less MPG......or warranty issues.......

SS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.