Anybody tried connecting an Ipad to the SRX? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Anybody tried connecting an Ipad to the SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; And you think texting while driving is dangerous?...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Anybody tried connecting an Ipad to the SRX?

And you think texting while driving is dangerous?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Sube, what are you doing on Cobalt SS.net? That's a forum for us young guns that like to drive around at high speeds and pile our new car, that mom and dad bought, into a tree! lol

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    I would expect that from you, RT. You're such a whiner. I was merely trying to interject some humor to prove a point. But of course, as usual you're so damned sensitive. I'll drop off my washing machine, sewing machine and refrigerator at your house in the morning. Maybe you can hook those up to your car as well. I think you already know what you can do with your iPad.

Go ahead and respond. We both know you ALWAYS have to have the last word.

Sube
    "As usual?" I don't know what you're talking about since I hardly post on this board. I wouldn't want to horn in on your little kingdom, oh self-appointed authority on all matters. How mature that you resort to name calling.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    And you think texting while driving is dangerous?
    So. You have difficulty listening to music while driving? Somehow I'm not surprised.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Congrats forum. You have converted two nice members Sube & Right Turn, into bickering, hostile, mean, members. You should really work on Captain now. He is waaaaaay too nice. Then see what you can do about ewill3rd. He knows waaaaaay too much, and needs to be knocked down a few notches.

This place sucks.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

you're welcome... i tried my best... i'll get to work on the others quick-like

but seriously... is the forum really to blame?

poor forum... come over here... i'll comfort you
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Sube, what are you doing on Cobalt SS.net? That's a forum for us young guns that like to drive around at high speeds and pile our new car, that mom and dad bought, into a tree! lol
    Capt, actually I've never been on that forum before. I have a PDF of that doc, but it's too large to post, so I went looking for the original link. Couldn't find it, but I did find that one. You can relax. I won't be driving my X at high speeds.

Sube

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    Congrats forum. You have converted two nice members Sube & Right Turn, into bickering, hostile, mean, members. You should really work on Captain now. He is waaaaaay too nice. Then see what you can do about ewill3rd. He knows waaaaaay too much, and needs to be knocked down a few notches.

This place sucks.
    Nope. The forum hasn't changed me one bit. It's just RT. She and I have been butting heads since the early days. I think she secretly loves me and just doesn't know how to express it. You know, like you did in grade school.

Sube

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

see the thing about an ipad is the show-off factor.

just about everyone who bought an ipad bought it to flash it so people could say "oh wow you have an ipad can i touch it blah blah blah."

everyone has an ipod, everyone and their grandma has a usb stick. not everyone has an ipad connected to their SRX. so, its not about the music or where the music is stored, its about saying "hey look how cool i am because i have an ipad, and its connected to my srx"

heres the part where everyone who is trying to do this accuses me of not being able to afford apple products and defends their product with statements such as "it just work" "its just more convenient" "its user friendly" etc etc. i may as well have offended their mother

no, when you strike that nerve it's worse than offending their mother
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

As if the automotive industry hasn't installed enough on board gadgetry in vehicles to further distract drivers, we need to add more?

I don't have a problem with people who choose to or need to enhance the functionality and the pleasure they can derive from their vehicle, as long as they do it safely. I do have a real problem when the line has been crossed and the increased driver distraction factor comes into play. That line has already been crossed long ago and the trend continues in the wrong, lethal direction......when someone's personal choices supercede (in their own mind) my safety, that of my family, and that of those whom I care about.

RT.........you very well may cue up before your vehicle leaves the curb and then turn your full attention to driving while the car is in motion, pulling over when the need arises to make some changes. That probably puts you in the minority. Or you may very well be the opposite, the mainstrean who figure multitasking while driving is a harmless distraction, or no distraction at all. That probably puts you in the majority, sadly.

I currently drive about 18,000 miles a year and am totally fed up with distracted drivers. Am I supposed to be responsible not only for my own driving habits but also for the rising tide of callous drivers who choose to be doing everything in their vehicle OTHER THAN safely pilot their vehicles? Vehicles.....nope. 4,300 pound weapons is a more precise description.

If any of the posters in this forum take the position that this thread's discourse has an element of taking the sublime to the ridiculous, I have to agree. If any posters suggest the distraction factor, like adding yet another piece of unnecessary hardware to a vehicle, I have to agree. But to suggest these posters should take their comments elsewhere is an insult to me. This is a public forum, and my voice is no more or less important than anyone elses'.

Maybe when some of the posters have a wife, children, and grandchildren on board whom they love but find themselves and their family popped by a distracted driver who can't simply hold a lane, their speed, or see a slowing vehicle right under their freakin' nose (happened to me 2 years ago), the light bulb will go off.

Maybe when their vehicle gets crunched in a parking lot by a distracted driver driving 2 mph but who feels compelled to monkey with the gadgets rather than safely pilot their vehicle, the light bulb will go off (happened to me twice in the past 5 months with the SRX).

Or maybe when they lose a close friend (as I have in 2009....wife, mother, and grandmother) who gets run over while standing by the side of the road by a 30-something, distracted driver who couldn't safely negotiate a straight, 75 yard, 25mph stretch 4 of lane road in broad daylight while screwing with technology which was more important to him than the safety of others, the light bulb will go off. A manslaughter/vehicular homicide charge is all the latter got, but it won't bring my friend back and has terribly altered for the worse many lives, mine included.

Yup, too many amongst us keep on believing we can handle the multitasking distractions better than the next person. Statistics and controlled studies continue to prove us wrong, dead wrong in too many instances. But we ignore them. It won't happen to us.

So for me this simple thread of adding an Ipad to the SRX takes on a lot more than a discussion of compatibility, fun, functionality, and entertainment. Post what you will, but don't presume to tell me to take my opinions elsewhere if I don't like where the thread is going.

PJ

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Beside's you guys... ipad is a thing of the past anyway. Blackberry Playbook is where its at! Coming soon! Hello Ipad killer!

Blackberry Playbook!

It has dual HD vid cams for HD Vid conferencing, provided you have internet connection. You guys got to get on the bus!

Get one of these RT! I sure am, even though i said i hate blackberry's. (Unless Motorola can get a Droid like tablet out soon too!)

^^

seriously though, there's android tablets at best buy nowadays, fyi

and for those who like cheap trendy electronics there will be a $99 android tablet at a wallgreens near you this holiday season

Born Loser is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I connect my Ipad via the bluetooth. Works just like the Itouch.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Beside's you guys... ipad is a thing of the past anyway. Blackberry Playbook is where its at! Coming soon! Hello Ipad killer!

Blackberry Playbook!

It has dual HD vid cams for HD Vid conferencing, provided you have internet connection. You guys got to get on the bus!

Get one of these RT! I sure am, even though i said i hate blackberry's. (Unless Motorola can get a Droid like tablet out soon too!)
    hey sweet i didnt even see this post. did you get one? i did im gonna mount it in my allante!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.