GPS Default City
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, GPS Default City in Cadillac SRX Forums; Does anyone else have the problem when choosing the DEST button that the default city listed is not close to ...
    Kaaboom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

GPS Default City

Does anyone else have the problem when choosing the DEST button that the default city listed is not close to where you live? I live in Chicago and it routinely has the default of Washington D.C. I've never had the car in D.C. I bought it in Michigan. Any ideas how to set it properly?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: GPS Default City

I believe the default city/state is just the last location entered into the system. Enter a different location and that should become your new default.

Sube

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Where it says "location" or whatever, (on top). Push on that and you should be able to punch in your city.

Kaaboom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

i have no problems putting in the city to which i want to travel, I just don't understand why the "default" city that shows up every time i enter an address destination is Washington, D.C. I have never input a destination of Washington, D.C., nor has the car been there. It appears from the responses, though, that I am alone here so I will take it to the dealer.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaboom View Post
    i have no problems putting in the city to which i want to travel, I just don't understand why the "default" city that shows up every time i enter an address destination is Washington, D.C. I have never input a destination of Washington, D.C., nor has the car been there. It appears from the responses, though, that I am alone here so I will take it to the dealer.
    You're not alone. Mine starting doing that the last time I got it back from the dealer. In addition, I found that my radio will no longer remember the last station it was on when I turn off the car and leave it sitting for more than 10 minutes. It seems that after the residual power shuts off when you leave the vehicle, it looses the last radio station and Nav info as well. Yet, the dealer swears they didn't change the software.

I'm wondering how this "magically" just started happening if they didn't since it used to work correctly.

I contacted GM Customer Service about it but I have to say I'm not impressed with what I've gotten out of them so far.

I would appreciate it if you would post back here if your dealer is able to fix it.

Kingpin srx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Srx 2010

I have all of the same issues, problem returned after maintenance at Cadillac dealer. Car purchased in Illinois, but Wash DC also default location. In addition to indicated problems, after correcting time for daylight savings, after restarting car, it returns to previous time - every time! I suspect since the incorrect default state (wash doc), the car automatically reverts back to the time for the default state (1 hour later than Illinois)

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

This is a known problem and either requires the software to be updated or possibly your Nav/Radio unit to be replaced. Mine had to be replaced twice!

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

As Steve said your radio needs replaced mine also twice. Techincal Service Bullentin # PIT4998B give this number to your dealer

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin srx View Post
    I have all of the same issues, problem returned after maintenance at Cadillac dealer. Car purchased in Illinois, but Wash DC also default location. In addition to indicated problems, after correcting time for daylight savings, after restarting car, it returns to previous time - every time! I suspect since the incorrect default state (wash doc), the car automatically reverts back to the time for the default state (1 hour later than Illinois)
    Hello Kingpin srx,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your SRX as well. Have you reached out to your dealership about this concern? I would be more than happy to assist you in working with your dealership to look into this concern if you would like. You can reach out to me via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you would like my assistance in working with the dealership. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.