GM Techlink
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By stevec5375
  • 4 Post By algiorda
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, GM Techlink in Cadillac SRX Forums; Amazing what a few Google searches can turn up. Found this GM Techlink. You can search it for "SRX" and ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

GM Techlink

Amazing what a few Google searches can turn up. Found this GM Techlink. You can search it for "SRX" and turn up some interesting reading that relates to some of the complaints that have been posted here.

http://www.sandyblogs.com/techlink/2010/07/
    vi2k13 and vi2k13 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Re: GM Techlink

Nice find!!!

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX, '10 SRX Luxury Radiant Silver / Titanium w/Ebony

Great site. Did you happen to pick up on on another website referred to in some of the Tech notices?

Enter your vehicle Vin number here and you'll find some interesting information including all the Modules on your vehicle that need programming:

http://tis2web.service.gm.com

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Excellent finds Steve and algiorda!

I went to the GM Tech Link site. I know most people won't take the time to search through multiple pages, so I extracted all of the relevant SRX info and put it into a PDF. This will make it easier for people to find any problems they may be experiencing and the corresponding fixes. Because the SRX is so new, Service Techs are still learning how to repair it. You could print this PDF and actually take it to your dealer. This should save everyone time and eliminate some trial and error.

Sube

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

Good work as usual Sube! Much appreciated!

bobarry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Red SRX Performance

Thanks so much!

Bo Barry

brand new 2010 SRX (RED) owner

Nichelle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 AWD 3.0L Performance SRX (Delivered 3/19!)

This is sweet! Did I miss this in the manual? I don't recall seeing it. And it answers my question from today. I took an 800+ mile trip yesterday and the car was covered in bugs. I usually don't go through this type of car wash but I took it to an automatic one (required to put it in neutral). I went to shut off the rainsense wipers and noticed that they never came on. The lever was in the right position but it was not active. Now, I know why.

Wipers Car Wash Mode
    By Blog Admin on May 1, 2010 12:00 AM

Some customers with a 2010 SRX, Equinox or Terrain may comment that the rear wiper and/or the front Rainsense wipers (SRX models, if equipped) turn off when the vehicle is shifted to neutral. This is called Car Wash Mode.

The intent of Car Wash Mode is to disable the wiper(s) while in an automatic car wash to avoid potential damage to the wiper arms. For the rear wiper and/or the front Rainsense wipers to be disabled, the vehicle must be traveling below 3 mph (5 kph) and the transmission must be in Neutral. The Rainsense-equipped wipers lever (Fig. 18) must be in the Intermittent position (between O and 1) or the rear wiper switch must be On.

Never mind. I just found the relevant section in the manual. I am sure that I completely missed this the first time through. Either that or I spaced it and didn't connect it to car wash conditions.

With Rainsense, if the transmission
    is in N (Neutral) and the vehicle
    speed is very slow, the wipers will
    automatically stop at the base of the
    windshield.
    The wiper operations return to
    normal when the transmission is no
    longer in N (Neutral) or the vehicle
    speed has increased.

Cool site. Nice find Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    Great site. Did you happen to pick up on on another website referred to in some of the Tech notices?

Enter your vehicle Vin number here and you'll find some interesting information including all the Modules on your vehicle that need programming:

http://tis2web.service.gm.com
    It doesn't seem obvious to me but is there a way you can tell which modules NEED programming with newer software or is this just a list of the history of the programming that has already been done?

Word of caution. Guys 'n Gals, I would be very careful about telling your dealer you obtained this information from GM TechLink. They might complain to GM and the site could become password protected and we'd get shut out.

You could just say, "I found it doing a Google search."

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

Hard to believe no activity in 3 years on this thread, but another good thing dies... I have been reading techlink monthly on the sandyblogs site, but today it says access is restricted.... Anybody been on the site recently?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.