Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Comparison Shopping

806 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sube5186 
#1 ·
I find it interesting, out of the below autos, the SRX only garners a Customer Rating of 8.7 out of 10; the middle of the Luxury Crossover segment.
According to these customer reviews, it looks like the Caddy is selling at #2 vs the competition. The #1 selling car, based on # of reviews only, is also the lowest rated, go figure. (Based on Edmunds.com listings)

Lexus RX350 8.3 - 114 Reviews
Caddy SRX 8.7 - 66 Reviews
BMW X5 8.7 - 31 Reviews
Audi Q5 9.1 - 27 Reviews
Acura MDX 9.0 - 21 Reviews
Volvo XC90 8.7 -12 Reviews
Infinity FX35 9.4 - 8 Reviews

Fair assumption?

#2 ·
I'm all for doing research. I'm known for being a research fanatic. Before I buy anything, I read reviews and test reports, watch videos, etc. Any information I can get my hands on I devour. However, you have to actually read all of the reviews. Don't just look at the overall ratings. The reason I say this is because some people will give a car a negative review just because they don't like the style of the door handles, or the car only has four cup holders instead of six. These are pet peeves and have no place in determining performance, reliability or overall quality. Yet minuscule details like these seem to color the combined averages of some ratings.

Sube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.