Cleaning Products
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Cleaning Products in Cadillac SRX Forums; I know that this has been asked and answered in previous posts, but just in case something new and fabulous ...
    VXGurl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Perf.

Cleaning Products

I know that this has been asked and answered in previous posts, but just in case something new and fabulous has been discovered I want to know what products are safe to use on the interior of the new shiny baby.

What is recommended for:
    Leather
    Interior plastic
    ---And will anything discolor the aluminum trim

I already have an excellent wax in Collonite Insulator Wax and use Zainos Z-16 tire gloss on exterior plastic. My 10 year old Vehicross looks like new because of them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Cleaning Products

I like Eagle One Nano products, everything from glass cleaner, to leather cleaner/conditioner, interior protectant (for non leather materials). But then i use Meguier's Detailing spray and Mother's Tire shine on the outside. The Eagle products give a nice new look to the interior without having a high gloss look or silicone feel on everything, and it helps repel dust too.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I like Eagle One Nano products, everything from glass cleaner, to leather cleaner/conditioner, interior protectant (for non leather materials).
    Can't vouch for the other Eagle products, but Eagle 20/20 Perfect Vision Auto Glass Cleaner is some amazing stuff. It's the only thing I use on glass. Absolutely will not streak!

I use ArmorAll Ultra Shine on the tires. Shines 100% better than standard ArmorAll. I avoid silicone based tire dressings because they attract dirt like a magnet. This actually reduces the shine. Silicone is also hard to wash off.

Sube

jfaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX N* AWD

I am gonna have to agree on every Eagle One product out there...including their new gel wax and tire gel. I do not have any other brand of products on the shelf, but probably every Eagle product made...very impressed. A-Z tire & wheel cleaner is top on my list.
    I am in search of a better leather care product for my seats, so about the pull the trigger on http://www.leatherique.com/ as it has gotten great reviews in these forums. My 2 cents.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I like Eagle One Nano products, everything from glass cleaner, to leather cleaner/conditioner, interior protectant (for non leather materials). But then i use Meguier's Detailing spray and Mother's Tire shine on the outside. The Eagle products give a nice new look to the interior without having a high gloss look or silicone feel on everything, and it helps repel dust too.
    One of the Amazon reviewers of this product says:

1 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
    1.0 out of 5 stars poor service life, October 12, 2008
    By D. Nowak "mycarsanova" (massena, ny) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    This review is from: Eagle One 2081616 NanoWax (Misc.)
    I have found nanowax easy to apply, but wil not buy it for the following reasons:

-turns chalky on dark plastic after a few months.
    -refuses to bead water after only 3 months of summer exposure.

if it can't handle the easy seasons, how can i expect it to stand up to salt and sand??

---------------------

The only thing I have found so far that allows me to wax the entire vehicle, plastic and all is Turtle Wax Ice. The version I have does not have great staying power but it is very easy to apply and remove. However, the TurtleWax.com web site says there is a new formulation that lasts 3 times as long. They don't give any estimates on how long that is though.

I would love to find a product that has great staying power while it is easy to apply and remove and doesn't cause the plastic to have a white film on it.

**THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT**

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

I`ve been using Autoglym products for years and have been quite happy with the results

jfaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX N* AWD

Fortunately, I do not have any black plastic to worry about on my V1 SRX and usually wax a few times a year. I am going to use a clay bar system soon (most likely Turtle Wax Ice) and have been reading reviews on the Autoglym, so I may give that a try on your comments GV. Thx

I've been using NuFinish (liquid version) to polish my cars for the past 25 years. It's super durable, safe for clear coats, produces an amazing shine and lasts a long, long time. I had my last car for 13 years. I probably used NuFinish less than a dozen times the whole time I owned it. It still has a mirror-like finish with no paint oxidation. Just be careful around the plastic parts of of your car. If you get it on plastic, wipe it off quickly to avoid staining.

http://www.nufinish.com/products_polish.html

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nu-Finish-Liquid-Car-Polish/dp/B000BPSW7C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1272739754&sr= 1-2"]Amazon.com: Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish: Automotive[/ame]

Sube

tsenior is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I got wax on the black plastic below the door. It's now chalky / white and doesn't come off. How can I get that off?

Andy_TN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm sure everyone has their own preference - you won't find any "official" Cadillac cleaners

That said, I'll only use LEXOL cleaner and condition on my leather.

Quote Originally Posted by tsenior View Post
    I got wax on the black plastic below the door. It's now chalky / white and doesn't come off. How can I get that off?
    Try paint thinner. Make sure the label says 100% mineral spirits. Use a soft brush. Put tape on the edges where the plastic meets the paint, so you don't scratch the finish.

Caution: Before doing this, test a small section of the plastic in an inconspicuous location.

Sube

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

Years ago I had some wax on some areas of my car that I wish I had`nt. The dealer where I bought the car recommended Bug N Tar remover. It worked well but as Sube points out, try it first on a small isolated area and use it with caution.

Rain-X

How could I have forgotten. A healthy dose of Rain-X is also a must. If you don't already know about this, you've been missing out on a great product. They use this on the windshields of jet planes. The first time I used Rain-X and it started raining, I thought something weird was going on with my windshield. I'd forgotten I'd put it on. I was getting what looked like tiny beads of water running down the windshield. It barely affected my vision. Then I looked out the side windows and noticed it was actually pouring down raining. The Rain-X worked so well, I could have gotten away with not even using my wipers if I had to. Now I use it on the front side windows and rear window as well. Amazing product! Follow the directions for best results.

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Windsh.../Original.aspx

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-RX11413-Glass-Treatment-Trigger/dp/B000BVRZ74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1272820745&sr= 8-1"]Amazon.com: Rain-X RX11413 Glass Treatment Trigger: Automotive[/ame]

Sube

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by tsenior View Post
    You can use Turtle Wax Ice on black plastic.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Rain-X

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    One of the Amazon reviewers of this product says:

1 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
    1.0 out of 5 stars poor service life, October 12, 2008
    By D. Nowak "mycarsanova" (massena, ny) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    This review is from: Eagle One 2081616 NanoWax (Misc.)
    I have found nanowax easy to apply, but wil not buy it for the following reasons:

-turns chalky on dark plastic after a few months.
    -refuses to bead water after only 3 months of summer exposure.

if it can't handle the easy seasons, how can i expect it to stand up to salt and sand??
    I call BS on this review. I happily used this product on my previous two cars and Sea Doo, and it held up just as good as other waxes, while providing a superior shine when applied to metallic paints. Life expectancy was 3 months rain, snow, gravel, hard lake water.

I need no wax product's on my SRX for now as i have Diamond Gloss'ed the paint, so she should be good for 3-5 years depending on conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    How could I have forgotten. A healthy dose of Rain-X is also a must. If you don't already know about this, you've been missing out on a great product. They use this on the windshields of jet planes. The first time I used Rain-X and it started raining, I thought something weird was going on with my windshield. I'd forgotten I'd put it on. I was getting what looked like tiny beads of water running down the windshield. It barely affected my vision. Then I looked out the side windows and noticed it was actually pouring down raining. The Rain-X worked so well, I could have gotten away with not even using my wipers if I had to. Now I use it on the front side windows and rear window as well. Amazing product! Follow the directions for best results.

Sube
    Ahh yes! Good call Sube! One can't miss out on the best product for windows in centuries! Rain X is a must, also don't forget the Rain X -40 (good for Canadian winters ) windshield washer fluid as well. It acts as a bit of a Rain X booster when applied through the washer system.

What really sucks is i can't seem to get Eagle's 20/20 glass cleaner in Canada anymore, so i always make sure to stock up when i hit the states! lol!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.