A/C Major Issue - Service Tag
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, A/C Major Issue - Service Tag in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have had my SRX for less than a month and it has been at the dealer now for over ...
    Esquire02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Thunder Gray CTS4

A/C Major Issue - Service Tag

I have had my SRX for less than a month and it has been at the dealer now for over a week. I discovered when the temp went up that the A/C was not working. Apparently there is a major problem with the A/C in the new SRX and now they cannot get the parts to fix my car as there is a national back order due to the extent of the problem. I was told today for the first time that this is headed towards a recall. I am very frustrated that they are unable to get parts to fix my car.

How many of you have had this problem? Anyone out there aware of this and know more about when parts may be available, etc....?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ls973800 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: A/C Major Issue - Service Tag

Any idea what parts are being talked about? It could be either electrical or mechanical.

With the electronic climate control, the heat, humidity, and air quality sensors that are in the SRX, I am guessing it is something electronic.

2010sled is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2010 PREMIUM AWD SRX

Mine works excellent

They have not said exactly originally I was told the the desiccant bag came apart and the desiccant ran through the system and screwed up the compressor and several other major components. It is not electrical. i am told this is a nationwide issue with the new SRX and parts are not readily available by one dealer and another dealer told me this is the first they have heard of it. I have talked to GM and my dealer and the issue has been escalated to a district manager to try and get the parts. I feel like I am getting different stories

AngieS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRS

I had a major problem with mine too. The rear heating was not working at all...or the air con. They took the car apart, got new computer modules and finally after a month at the dealership, combined with radio issues to, they gave me a brand new car!!!!

Nichelle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 AWD 3.0L Performance SRX (Delivered 3/19!)

Quote Originally Posted by AngieS View Post
    I had a major problem with mine too. The rear heating was not working at all...or the air con. They took the car apart, got new computer modules and finally after a month at the dealership, combined with radio issues to, they gave me a brand new car!!!!
    Wow! I haven't checked the rear vents but will do so tomorrow.

I am thinking that a new car sounds pretty good right now. Is that something you requested or something they offered?

bankO_mAn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

My A/C is having major issues as well...

When its hot the driver side blows approx 75* while the passenger blows 60* I took it in abt 2 months ago and they said some how the zone settings got messed up to when it was on low the lowest it would actually go is 75*. I took it back today because it was doing the same thing and he advised there is now a service bulliten out for this where they replace the compressor and some other parts. I also had to take it it to replace the damn driver side chrome panel that fell off as well as one of the keys not being recognized. This will more than likley be my last time purchasing an american vehicle. I've had nothing but lexus's and bmw's before I decided to go w/ the Cadillac and I've never been to the service center for other than routine maintance w/ my other cars. Ahhh owell...but now that I'm done venting some yes I am also having an A/C problem but hopefully w/ the bulliten it gets fixed!

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

I too had many problems when I first bought my 2004 SRX. It was in the shop at least 8 times with TSB's, Recalls, etc. However, now that it is 6 years old, the car is ROCK SOLID. I also have to give kudo's to my local Cadillac Service Center - they are outstanding. I've always been given rental cars, rides home, given coffee / donuts, and worked in their customer lounge with my laptop and their wifi while waiting for service. They have always fixed it right the first time and that's really all I could ask for.

I only have 61K on the vehicle, but it drives and feels like it's brand new. The reason I held on to my SRX was because there was nothing else like it on the road at the time that combined performance, handling, room/storage, and style. I still feel that way about it.

I wouldn't give up on the SRX just yet, she'll get better with age!

Quote Originally Posted by bankO_mAn View Post
    My A/C is having major issues as well...
    This will more than likley be my last time purchasing an american vehicle. I've had nothing but lexus's and bmw's before I decided to go w/ the Cadillac and I've never been to the service center for other than routine maintance w/ my other cars. Ahhh owell...but now that I'm done venting some yes I am also having an A/C problem but hopefully w/ the bulliten it gets fixed!

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

You guys that are having a/c issues, what are your build dates ?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    You guys that are having a/c issues, what are your build dates ?
    I am not sure, I have not been able to find it on my car. No stickers anywhere. I picked by car up March 5 of this year. I am now concerned because they took parts form a car on their lot to fix mine and now wonder if those parts (the compressor, etc.) are going to have the same problem.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by bankO_mAn View Post
    There is now a service bulletin out for this where they replace the compressor and some other parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire02 View Post
    I am now concerned because they took parts form a car on their lot to fix mine and now wonder if those parts (the compressor, etc.) are going to have the same problem.
    I would only be worried if the service bulletin bankO_mAn refers to calls for replacement using a "newly designed" compressor. I kind of doubt that. I don't think they've had time to redesign the compressor.

Sube

AngieS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRS

Sorry haven't been on the forum in a while..no they just offered me a new car. We have an amazing dealership here in Grapevine, TX!

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    I would only be worried if the service bulletin bankO_mAn refers to calls for replacement using a "newly designed" compressor. I kind of doubt that. I don't think they've had time to redesign the compressor.

Sube

I am not sure what the bulletin calls for but when they kept saying new parts weren't available it made me wonder if they were waiting for a newly designed part. Why else would parts not be available? I found the build date and it is 2/10.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire02 View Post
    I am not sure what the bulletin calls for but when they kept saying new parts weren't available it made me wonder if they were waiting for a newly designed part. Why else would parts not be available? I found the build date and it is 2/10.
    Believe it or not, parts for the SRX in general have been scarce. There was someone on here whose dealer didn't even have oil filters! Another couldn't get a new radiator. That fact that they're waiting for parts doesn't necessarily mean they're redesigning them.

My Service Manager has actually shown me service bulletins. They're not some kind of secret memo for company eyes only. The next time you're there, ask to see it. I'm sure they'll oblige.

Sube

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.