A/C Major Issue - Service Tag - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, A/C Major Issue - Service Tag in Cadillac SRX Forums; Got a chance to compare the SRX to my 07 Avalanche today. Wife let me drive it to the car ...
    Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: A/C Major Issue - Service Tag

Got a chance to compare the SRX to my 07 Avalanche today. Wife let me drive it to the car wash. SRX blew very cold air, I had no trouble at all staying as cool as I wanted. After bring the SRX home, I took the Avalanche to the car wash. Avalanche was as cold as the SRX. Don't see any problem with my airconditioning. It was 93 today here.

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

The people that are having issues, what do you have your temp set to? Do you keep it on AUTO or do you manually control it? I think mine is having issues. It seems to work fine for about 10 minutes, but then the air blowing out changes from COLD to COOL. It was about 90 outside. After about 10 minutes, I actually started sweating because the car was warming up from the sun and outside temp. I keep mine set at 72, so I turned it all the way down to LO, all that did was turn up the fan speed, but continued to blow only COOL air that was not cold enough to lower the car temp. Turned off AUTO and it still was only blowing COOL air. After I got home I hoped in my STS-V and drove around for about 30 minutes, COLD air was always blowing out and I never got warm inside the car once it was cooled down. Taking it in next Thursday to have them look at this plus all the other misc issues that have come up.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

B, That's what I was experiencing. Cool not cold. In 75 Degrees it seems to do the job. At 90,
    it just ain't cutting it.

bankO_mAn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Okay...my SRX is having the SAME a/c issue this is their 3rd attempt to fix it and its back in the shop...Is there a lemon law that this would be covered under? I mean its Texas and its already 100* here now and its set to LO and blowing out at what feels like 80*. Does anybody know how the lemon law works I figure it differs state to state.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by bankO_mAn View Post
    Okay...my SRX is having the SAME a/c issue this is their 3rd attempt to fix it and its back in the shop...Is there a lemon law that this would be covered under? I mean its Texas and its already 100* here now and its set to LO and blowing out at what feels like 80*. Does anybody know how the lemon law works I figure it differs state to state.
    http://www.txdmv.gov/protection/lemon_law.htm

bankO_mAn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Thanks I was looking on Google and could only come up w/ "I need a Lemon Law Attorney" websites lol.

Tolron is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Do NOT go directly to the Lemon Law of your state. I had numerous problems with an '07 CTS and consulted an attorney/friend who told me it is very important to follow your owners manual on procedure if you want to try to invoke Lemon Law. GM clearly states that you must first seek repair at dealer; next complain to Cadillac directly; next go to BBB Autoline; then go to Lemon Law if no satisfaction. In my case, Cadillac bought back my CTS at the BBB stage. I now own an SRX which is great other than it is now at dealer for the same AC issue that others are complaining about. Hope to get it back today and HOPE IT IS FIXED!

meaninc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I have noticed that my car doesn't cool off enough. I usually vanpool to work, so I don't put many miles on my vehicle. But one day I did drive it into work on a hot day and it took FOREVER for it to cool off mid day and I had to lower the thermostat to like 60 degrees in order to get the car to cool off! That is unacceptable for a luxury vehicle. As soon as my missing chrome piece is delivered to the dealer I am going to take the vehicle in and ask them about it. I usually get cold very fast, but while in this car on that hot day I was not cold at all. I even lowered all of the windows as soon as I was in range to let the heat out. Again, not acceptable!

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Just got a chance to thoroughly test out the A/C. Took a 40 mile drive. It was 82 degrees outside. Had the temp set to "Low". The A/C blew ice cold air. Just in case folks are wondering if it's normal for the SRX's A/C to blow only "cool" air, it's not. It should be ice cold. In fact, it was so cold any normal human being would have turned up the temperature or turned down the fan speed. However, as my wife will tell you, I must be part Eskimo. The only time I'm ever "too" cold is Winter time. The bottom line is, I can't imagine anyone wanting the air colder than it was during my test drive.

Sube

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

Wink Re: A/C Major Issue - Service Tag

Good to hear your AC is working so well! But if you really want to experience cold, visit North Saskatchewan. Just ask the Captain

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee View Post
    Good to hear your AC is working so well! But if you really want to experience cold, visit North Saskatchewan. Just ask the Captain
    No thanks. I'll take your word for it.

Sube

shrb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010

If you ask for the bulletins, they are obligated to give them to you. My dealership did right away when I asked about the strut problem. I seriously believe to his knowledge, he was telling me the truth. Now a month later and he has been updated on the issue and has requested me to bring my car in to be worked on.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee View Post
    Indeed. Air conditioning doesn't exist here, we just bottle up some snow and let it out when it gets sort-of-warm here.

But on a true note, sometimes during winter, some vehicles do not get shut off. If they do, they will not restart until the weather warms up significantly.

Luckily i've always driven a Chevy, so mine have always started, even without being plugged in.

But back on topic, i'm happy to report my AC works perfectly normal with ice cold operation.

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

Speaking of air conditioning, I had mine on today and noticed afterwards there was quite a puddle of water underneath my car. Far more than what I used to get from my GMC 2000 half ton. Has anyone else noticed this?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Yes i have seen this too. A large puddle of condensation, but with three climate zones, i'm sure it is normal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.