Access to the DRLs and Turn Signals - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Access to the DRLs and Turn Signals in Cadillac SRX Forums; Ok worst news my driver Side led strip don't work......
    daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

Re: Access to the DRLs and Turn Signals

Ok worst news my driver Side led strip don't work...

Frostyy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Thread resurrection!

I'm replacing the DRLs in my mom's 2011 SRX to match her new LED fogs (My Review for those can be found HERE), and surprisingly, I'm having a more difficult time replacing the passenger side DRL than the driver side. I followed the instructions in this thread for the driver side light, and it wasn't too bad. But looking at the passenger side, I have NO IDEA how to access the back cover. The air box is totally in the way. Her SRX is the 2.8 Turbo model, and I'm wondering if the arrangement of the engine bay is different because of this.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated!

Mike in Kansas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury Gold Mist Metallic w/ Shale/Brownstone 3.0L

I had to take the airbox off of my 2011 just to replace the high beams. The airbox pulls out fairly easily. Take off the top cover, take out the filter, and pull up on the airbox. It should come out - it has rubber grommets that push over studs in the body. Very similar to how the plastic engine cover pulls off after you've removed the lone 10mm bolt near the oil filler cap.

Frostyy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Kansas View Post
    I had to take the airbox off of my 2011 just to replace the high beams. The airbox pulls out fairly easily. Take off the top cover, take out the filter, and pull up on the airbox. It should come out - it has rubber grommets that push over studs in the body. Very similar to how the plastic engine cover pulls off after you've removed the lone 10mm bolt near the oil filler cap.
    I'll try that tonight. Thanks!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Yes, in both my '10 (3.0L) and '13 (3.6L) I had to take the airbox out of the way. It is considerably easier than the drivers side to get in and out. I can't speak for the 2.8L though...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.