"No Remote Detected" Message - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, "No Remote Detected" Message in Cadillac SRX Forums; Recently bought a used 2010 early production SRX and ran into the "Remote Not Detected" issue even though both key ...
    Av-Lincoln is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Remote Not Detected - SRX 2010

Recently bought a used 2010 early production SRX and ran into the "Remote Not Detected" issue even though both key fobs with fresh batteries were nearby. The SRX would not start all morning and afternoon, but all-of-sudden this evening the key fobs worked again. Has anyone experienced this? This vehicle is carrying precious cargo of mine, I'd hate to see my family stranded or have the car cutt out while driving

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: "No Remote Detected" Message

Please search the forum before starting new threads.

Side note: I merged other No Remote Detected Messages threads into this one.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

Can't tell you exactly why you're getting the message, but there is a workaround for when it won't start:

http://www.archivedsites.com/techlin...cations-1.html

Also commonly overlooked is the key slot on the door, if the fob isn't working to let you in. Pull the key out of the fob and use it in the slot to manually unlock the door. I believe the alarm will go off, but you should be able to then start it (with the console compartment, if needed) and the alarm should quit.

The car will not shut off while you're driving if it loses the signal from the fob. The fob must only be present in order to start the engine.

I really, strongly recommend reading over your owner's manual, as there is a lot to get used to when you move to the SRX. Yours can be read online here:

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/...ers_manual.pdf

Av-Lincoln is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The workaround where you place the FOB inside the transmitter still did not work for me.
    I am wondering, however, if my baby monitor had created an RF interference. I'll conduct more testing tonight.. thank you for your replies.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Remote Not Detected - SRX 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Av-Lincoln View Post
    Recently bought a used 2010 early production SRX and ran into the "Remote Not Detected" issue even though both key fobs with fresh batteries were nearby. The SRX would not start all morning and afternoon, but all-of-sudden this evening the key fobs worked again. Has anyone experienced this? This vehicle is carrying precious cargo of mine, I'd hate to see my family stranded or have the car cutt out while driving
    Hello Av-Lincoln,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! You will learn a lot of insightful information by being an active member, as I already see you have been interacting with forum members. If this issue still persists after you run some more tests, please contact us via private message so we can assist. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to help with vehicle inquires and concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rachelk80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same problem with all of the sudden the 'no remote detected' problem occurring for both of my remotes. I changed the batteries and tried to reprogram with no luck. Next step I called the dealer and of course my bumper to bumper warranty expired 3 weeks ago and it will be $100 just to diagnose. Since I don't really have any other options since I'm driving 11 hours next week I make the appointment. Just found out it will cost $610 to fix, the keyless entry module was smoking and now they say the car won't start at all. The SRX is 2011 and only has 48,000 miles so you think they would cover the cost of their obvious malfunction, since everyone else on here is having a problem. I will be getting rid of this car and NEVER buying Cadillac again!!

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

A bit OT, but getting rid of your Cadillac is no guarantee of never having auto-related malfunctions. I have friends who own a Mercedes which has stranded them several times, a friend with a BMW which sometimes won't start and it's been in the dealership a dozen times, a friend with an Audi which randomly drains the battery and a friend with a Lexus just out of warranty which just ate up the transmission/traction control/4WD system to the tune of $4,500 and no, neither the dealer nor the manufacturer covered "their obvious malfunction" because it was past the warranty period.

Bottom line - sometimes, with some cars, shit happens and it's not fun when you're it.

jack vines
    allgm and TheCaptain like this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rachelk80 View Post
    I had the same problem with all of the sudden the 'no remote detected' problem occurring for both of my remotes. I changed the batteries and tried to reprogram with no luck. Next step I called the dealer and of course my bumper to bumper warranty expired 3 weeks ago and it will be $100 just to diagnose. Since I don't really have any other options since I'm driving 11 hours next week I make the appointment. Just found out it will cost $610 to fix, the keyless entry module was smoking and now they say the car won't start at all. The SRX is 2011 and only has 48,000 miles so you think they would cover the cost of their obvious malfunction, since everyone else on here is having a problem. I will be getting rid of this car and NEVER buying Cadillac again!!
    Hi rachelk80,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced this issue with your SRX and I can understand how the situation would be frustrating. If you are still working with your dealer, I would be happy to reach out to them and provide an additional layer of assistance. Please PM me your VIN, dealership, mileage, and personal contact information if you are interested.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.