"No Remote Detected" Message - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, "No Remote Detected" Message in Cadillac SRX Forums; Ninchelle... open up your FOB again and put a light coat of vaseline on the small rubber gasket and the ...
    Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Re: "No Remote Detected" Message

Ninchelle... open up your FOB again and put a light coat of vaseline on the small rubber gasket and the FOB will close real easy, you will hear it snap shut and all will be fine......

Hopes this helps!!!!!

Likely

Nichelle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 AWD 3.0L Performance SRX (Delivered 3/19!)

Re: "No Remote Detected" Message

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Agreed. Your SRX is new enough that the dealer would probably have replaced the battery free of charge. Oh well, maybe they'll comp you in some other way. You should at least mention it to them.

Sube
    I'm going to mention it to the service manager. I need to call tomorrow and have him order splash guards so I'll mention it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    Ninchelle... open up your FOB again and put a light coat of vaseline on the small rubber gasket and the FOB will close real easy, you will hear it snap shut and all will be fine......

Hopes this helps!!!!!

Likely
    Thanks Likely

dselmeyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

No Remote Detected

I took the battery out today in order to replace the DRL with a new LED bulb.

Put the battery back in and I get "No fob detected" you could still unlock and lock the doors as strange as that is. You COULD NOT start the car though with the fob in the car and pushing the ignition button.

I went through the process in the manual on page 1-7 "Programming without a recognized transmitter (Keyless Access Vehicle Only)", which applis to me, it's a 2010 SRX-4 Performance edition. After going through the 30 minute process to "de-learn" or erase the remotes from memory, it will prompt me that it's Ready for Remote #1", all seems good so far. So you place the remote in the transmitter pocket, press the ignition and it then comes back "No Remote Detected". I try this on remote #1 and remote #2, neither seem to work after that. You can lock/unlock the vehicle, I can even lock the vehicle and start it with the remote start, but I can't start the car and actually drive the car.

Any suggestions? I just put brand new batteries in both remotes also, working on going through the 30 minute process to see if I might be able to actually drive a car that stickered for $48k!

Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: No Remote Detected

Can you start the car leaving the fob in the transmitter pocket, like it says to do when the fob battery dies?

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

I don't think u have Keyless Access in a Performance model. Try programming again using other method in manual. I think only Premium models had it for 2010 model. 2011 is different story....

Should work.

Good luck

SS

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    I don't think u have Keyless Access in a Performance model. I think only Premium models had it for 2010 model.
    Yes, that is correct.

Sube

Thx for confirming SUBE. He must be desperate by now. Bet if he tries alternate Remote programming method, he'll be driving tomorrow morn!

SS

What is considered keyless access and what isn't then? And what is the alternate programming b/c I must have missed it in the Manual.

Bottom line, it finally started for me. I went through the programming, turned the key outside 5 times, entered the programming method, etc. It finally asked for the remote #1 to learn, kept saying no remote detected. Pulled the battery AGAIN, let it stay like that for 30-40 minutes. Put the LED bulb in the passenger side for the DRL, put the battery back together, got in the car, hit the button and it finally started. For whatever reason, it doesn't complain about the remote now like it did forever before. Very very frustrating to say the least.

But now I have the LED's in the DRL's, the E&G grill on the front and all lighting changed out on the inside with LED's also.

Thanks for the replies on this! Would like to know the alternate programming though.....

Quote Originally Posted by dselmeyer View Post
    What is considered keyless access and what isn't then?
    Theoretically, all SRXs have "keyless" access, as you don't need a physical key to open the door or start the vehicle. However, what they're actually referring to is "passive" entry/exit. Vehicles with this feature don't require you to press a button on the remote to lock/unlock the doors. To enter, you simply walk up to the vehicle and pull the handle. The car recognizes that the remote is present and unlocks the door simultaneously as you pull the handle. When exiting, you simply walk away. The car detects the absence of the remote and automatically locks the doors and sets the alarm. The horn beeps and the lights flash to confirm this has been done.

Sube

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Theoretically, all SRXs have "keyless" access, as you don't need a physical key to open the door or start the vehicle. However, what they're actually referring to is "passive" entry/exit. Vehicles with this feature don't require you to press a button on the remote to lock/unlock the doors. To enter, you simply walk up to the vehicle and pull the handle. The car recognizes that the remote is present and unlocks the door simultaneously as you pull the handle. When exiting, you simply walk away. The car detects the absence of the remote and automatically locks the doors and sets the alarm. The horn beeps and the lights flash to confirm this has been done.

Sube
    So how do you add a remote then to the SRX via the other way you were talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by dselmeyer View Post
    So how do you add a remote then to the SRX via the other way you were talking about?
    I think you wanted to use the method for when you "do" have an existing programmed remote.

Sube

Hi. only cars with KEYLESS ACCESS ( must be a Premium model for 2010 year) can be programmed by using one of methods outlined in Owners Manual. If you have NO remotes in your possession and do NOT have the Keyless Access equipment, Dealer must program for you.

See my new thread regarding "Lost Remote nightmare" . I'm in process of adding a 3rd remote and Dealer must program for me as I have a Performance model w/o Keyless Access

SS

Hi. only cars with KEYLESS ACCESS ( must be a Premium model for 2010 year) can be programmed by using one of methods outlined in Owners Manual. If you have NO remotes in your possession and do NOT have the Keyless Access equipment, Dealer must program for you.
    Hmmmmmh.....I learned something.

Sube

See my new thread regarding "Lost Remote nightmare" . I'm in process of adding a 3rd remote and Dealer must program for me as I have a Performance model w/o Keyless Access

SS
    I have to disagree with that. At one point, I couldn't lock/unlock/remote start from the remote. Then I went through the procedure and I could lock/unlock/remote start, but I could not get in the vehicle and actually start with the button.

I gave up and finally it started with the remote after doing the procedure for the 5th or 6th time.

Hmm.. wish I could explain that. But for one thing, I mis-stated what I meant to express by a little bit, what dealer told me, and I won't know for sure for a day or two ( my new remote is en route via FedEx )

What I wanted to express was :

1.With Keyless Access (only sold w/ Premium Models in USA, 2010 MY) you can follow instructions in manual to add/program new remotes.

2. ( correction) standard remote lock/unlock models: (Base,Luxury,Performance) these function by manually pressing the remote's buttons, must ALWAYS see the Dealer to add/program new remotes. Even if they have one existing remote.

So said my Dealer. So perhaps you got yours to work when the SRX just updated/rebooted it's software? Because they were still in fact, in the CPU, but the battery disconnect you did mandated a re-boot for them to fully function? Dealer says can take a while for "discovery" of any existing remotes. Sorry but I'm not yet certain.......

I will post my experience in adding an additional, 3rd remote, to my Non Keyless Access SRX , as soon as done.

Glad you got yours to work.

SS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.