Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SRX Made In Mexico

15K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  TheCaptain 
#1 ·
I was in the dealership and I started looking over a couple of SRX's on the lot and I happened to notice the window sticker read that the cars were made in Mexico and the parts content was 65% made in Mexico. Is this the case with all SRX's?

#3 ·
If an American manufacturer had to go out the country to get cheaper labor, then I'd rather it be Mexico or Canada than anywhere else. At least those two countries border the U.S. and their citizens often come here and spend money. If they sent it overseas, we wouldn't even get that benefit.

#6 ·
See, now i've heard two things here:
1. SRX is going to start a plant/join the Equinox/Terrain plant at Oshawa.
2. (SW Manitoba GM rep told me) They're rebuilding a plant in Tennessee for the SRX as well!

I wonder which one will get it?

Either way, the thing is still North American built! :D

#12 ·
That must be a really BIG assembly plant in Mexico. My 09 HHR is made in the same place. So far it has been trouble free with no issues, and good build quality, considering it is basically a Cobalt in disguise. I agree, made in America woudl be better for me, but at least the profits aren't going to Japan.

#13 ·
It is easy to tell in a second where ANY car is assembled.
(country-wise)

Look at the first digit of the VIN.

1= USA
2= Canada
3= Mexico
J= Japan
K= Korea
6= Australia
L= China
W= Europe in some fashion

I guess 4 is also a US designation but I don't know much about that.

The first thing I noticed is that they are "Assembled" in Mexico.
(nothing is "made" anymore)

The 11th digit of the VIN is the specific plant code but the first position is always the country it was assembled in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.