Clock issues - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Clock issues in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by davedogcaddy same here, they tried a software update - no improvement, replaced the radio. makes you wonder ...
    Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Re: Clock issues

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post
    same here, they tried a software update - no improvement, replaced the radio.

makes you wonder if the software update has really fixed it for anyone....
    Fixed mine. Almost a year now and no further issues.

NJRLCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX AWD

I had the exact same problem with my SRX for the first time this spring; I reset the clock 5 or 6 times for daylight savings and each time I wouid start the car it reverted to the old time.( It also shows Washington DC as my home address, as others have mentioned.) When I went in for service last week I asked about it and was told it would need a software update at a cost of $124. I mean, really? For what we pay for a Cadillac, don't you think the car could save a time change to the clock without the need to sock us with an extra cost? My wife keeps raving about her Honda and on this one I have no retort to her.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by NJRLCAD View Post
    I had the exact same problem with my SRX for the first time this spring; I reset the clock 5 or 6 times for daylight savings and each time I wouid start the car it reverted to the old time.( It also shows Washington DC as my home address, as others have mentioned.) When I went in for service last week I asked about it and was told it would need a software update at a cost of $124. I mean, really? For what we pay for a Cadillac, don't you think the car could save a time change to the clock without the need to sock us with an extra cost? My wife keeps raving about her Honda and on this one I have no retort to her.
    I'm sorry to hear about your software problems. I had a LOT of these and even had my Nav/Radio unit replaced twice! I am assuming you must be out of warranty is they are trying to charge you $124. You must not have noticed these problems or didn't think they were problems before the warranty ran out? These are the kind of things that are driving me back to a Japanese vehicle next go around. And the fact that your wife is raving about her Honda is proof of why I'm doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your software problems. I had a LOT of these and even had my Nav/Radio unit replaced twice! I am assuming you must be out of warranty is they are trying to charge you $124. You must not have noticed these problems or didn't think they were problems before the warranty ran out? These are the kind of things that are driving me back to a Japanese vehicle next go around. And the fact that your wife is raving about her Honda is proof of why I'm doing it.
    This was the first issue with the clock and I have changed the time twice per year for three years. Crazy stuff.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

NJRLCAD,
    Welcome to the forum! Did you have the update performed to your SRX? If so, did it resolve the matter of having your radio clock not stay with the time that was set?
    Regards,
    Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    NJRLCAD,
    Welcome to the forum! Did you have the update performed to your SRX? If so, did it resolve the matter of having your radio clock not stay with the time that was set?
    Regards,
    Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care

Sarah,
    I did not have the update done. It was not worth $124 to me. As a lifelong GM owner, I have had cars that cost half as much that never had such an issue. I will settle for the digital clock being right for only six months per year and when I am ready to bid a fond farewell, will be sure to sell/trade-in during the fall/winter when the clock is right.

jrannis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

We had the update just this week and all is well.

Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Over a year with the update and still no issues.

norman52 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Sounds like it is time for a trip to the dealer. My clock won't save the time I set it to and also the radio won't remember the Audio settings. Everything works great, it is just the settings that don't save.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by norman52 View Post
    Sounds like it is time for a trip to the dealer. My clock won't save the time I set it to and also the radio won't remember the Audio settings. Everything works great, it is just the settings that don't save.
    Hello norman52,

If you would like our assistance while working with your dealership, please let us know. We can be contacted via private message and are more than happy to help.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by norman52 View Post
    Make them give you a new Nav/Radio unit. Updating the software ain't gonna fix it. I had my Nav/Radio unit replaced twice before this issue went away!
    allgm likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.