Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Clock issues

Tags
760li srx
21K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  stevec5375 
#1 ·
There are two clocks in the new SRX. For daylight savings, I changed the time on the analog dial with no problem. The digital clock is another story. I change the time on the pop-up touchscreen with no problem. However, every time I restart the car, the time reverts back an hour. It won't hold the change to daylight savings. Any ideas?

#8 ·
I have a 2010 SRX with a digital clock problem. When I set the clock it is fine until I turn off the vehical,then restart the car, the clock will be 5-6 hours off... I called the dealer yesterday with this problem, she is checking into it if any paper work came out on this.. I will let you know when I hear anything... Dave

#13 ·
same here, they tried a software update - no improvement, replaced the radio.

makes you wonder if the software update has really fixed it for anyone....

#14 ·
I have had the dealer fix this once before with a software update. The problem has returned and I also note the radio does not stay current with identifying the song being heard over FM bands and I also have the same issue as AllGM with my home state showing up as Washington. I'm in IL. I am going to ask the dealer about replacing the entire unit.

#17 ·
I had the exact same problem with my SRX for the first time this spring; I reset the clock 5 or 6 times for daylight savings and each time I wouid start the car it reverted to the old time.( It also shows Washington DC as my home address, as others have mentioned.) When I went in for service last week I asked about it and was told it would need a software update at a cost of $124. I mean, really? For what we pay for a Cadillac, don't you think the car could save a time change to the clock without the need to sock us with an extra cost? My wife keeps raving about her Honda and on this one I have no retort to her.

#18 ·
I'm sorry to hear about your software problems. I had a LOT of these and even had my Nav/Radio unit replaced twice! I am assuming you must be out of warranty is they are trying to charge you $124. You must not have noticed these problems or didn't think they were problems before the warranty ran out? These are the kind of things that are driving me back to a Japanese vehicle next go around. And the fact that your wife is raving about her Honda is proof of why I'm doing it.

#21 ·
Sarah,
I did not have the update done. It was not worth $124 to me. As a lifelong GM owner, I have had cars that cost half as much that never had such an issue. I will settle for the digital clock being right for only six months per year and when I am ready to bid a fond farewell, will be sure to sell/trade-in during the fall/winter when the clock is right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.