Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SRX mods! *Very pic heavy*

119K views 183 replies 69 participants last post by  DavidH62 
#1 ·
So, i got all my interior lights swapped out from crappy yellow (stock 3900K incandescent), to sweet 6000K LED. From V-LEDs.com. A GREAT upgrade over stock! :D Easy as pie too. All you need is a tiny head flathead screwdriver, and a medium torx for the rear seat "light guard", you'll see. Fourteen lights in all.
Also, WeatherTech front mats installed. Very nice!

Second also, Murray's installed my grill and fixed my front bumper! :D And in another week, tint and 3M!

Floor mats- in the stock lighting - Dark Titanium interior

Visor vanity lights -6000K colour (shown) is likely to mess with Ladies' makeup colour, recommend 5000K for Pure White light

Side by side comparo

Interior lights -pictures show clips and recommended insert points for screwdriver. Centre console lights (first shown) are tricky, use a cloth and driver to "pry" the lights out, careful, or you'll pop the chrome housing out of its clips. (My brother did that, :()

See less See more
#102 ·
Re: SRXMods! *Very pic heavy*

hi captain,
real quick question. I am in the process of changing all my interior lights on my 2010 cadillac srx to leds. the one im having problems with is the glove box light. Any recommendations on which bulb to use? i tried using the ones i used with the doors and in the back but it just stays on and wont turn off when the glove box is closed.

Thanks!!

#103 ·
I just used the same 194 multidirectional led I used for all the other lights.

How do you know it stays on when the box is closed? The light shines out of the lines?

If it is staying on... I don't know what to say. Mine works correctly. I'm sorry I can't help out on this one...

#104 ·
Also, I did find a direct LED replacement for the backup lights.
Its called a G4 bulb. Most common in house-old applications. You have to get a skinnier bulb in order for it to fit.

#105 ·
I also just finished swapping out all of the interior lights and tag lights with LEDs. Since some of the previously mentioned sites were out of certain LEDs, I used a site mentioned on another board I frequent: http://www.wardenjp.com/stores/

For the vanity lights I used: 1pc 31mm Vanity 2 Power SMD LED bulb (Warm White) to keep it closer to natural light instead of the bright white/blue hue given off by xenon white LEDs.

I bought 10 194 501 T10 1W High Power LED Wedge Bulbs (White) and 6 194 501 T10 5 Power SMD LED Wedge Bulbs (Xenon White) because I didn't know how much room I was working with. I would say that you should have no problem at any locations except maybe the rear seat map lights. They are a little tight. The single LED lights don't spread the light out enough and since the lights are installed directional, it makes it look dimmer than I prefer.

I would recommend using 2pcs 194 501 T10 5 Power SMD LED Wedge Bulbs (Xenon White) throughout the interior except maybe the map lights in the back seat. They may be too long and I would go with a shorter bulb.

Everything looks great though and I'm happy with the results.

#108 ·
Re: SRXMods! *Very pic heavy*

I'd like to know about the bumper holes too.
Orange Power, huh? :D

Check out this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...59-front-license-plate-gone-holes-remain.html

----------

Don't LED's put in place of incandesants without some electronics in between to regulate the voltage tend to burn out quick ?
I'm not sure if this is the case with small LED bulbs. Some of the ones I bought look like they have some sort of small resistor wired in.

I do have LED tail lights on my Lexus and I did have to wire in resistors to it to avoid the tail light malfunction warning light coming on.

#110 ·
Page 9-41 of your Owners manual has the Stock size replacements. I don't have a 'list' of LED equivalent. Which would be a good idea...

#114 ·
I just needed to compliment you for taking the time to provide these valuable "how-to" resources. Without your photographs I would not have replaced the lights above my SRX rear doors. Your photo showed the little "hooks" on the lens and after seeing those I had the confidence to "snap" the clear lens out of the housing. Without your photos I would still have two incandescent bulbs spoiling my total LED interior lighting. My thanks to: "TheCaptain"

#115 ·
You're welcome! I also should add my most recent interior mod. A Weather Tech cargo Tray. I really should've picked one of these up when I got the floor mats!

#118 ·
Off topic but those weathertechs look awesome, they really keep the dirty mud and sand on the mat and off the carpet! :) Nicely done.
LED conversion is awesome too...once the "don't touch my new car" thing wears off for my wife, I'll go ahead and tackle stuff like this. I am itching to do HID conversion for her lows and adding fogs w/HID's.

#122 ·
I live in a province which doesn't require a front plate, but I purchased from a province that did. So the dealer put a bracket on the front and then removed it and filled the holes.
And now it looks like this!

#126 ·
Yes, the backup lights are a G4 bulb. Mostly used in home applications. Just don't get any bigger than a single wide row of LED's, and no longer than four deep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.