SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy* - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy* in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone switched out their side marker turn signals?...
    frey9171 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Imperial Blue / Shale-Brownstone

Re: SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy*

Has anyone switched out their side marker turn signals?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Not yet, it should be easy enough, just have to take the inner fender liner out enough to get your hand in there.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

Yes I replaced every bulb on the srx other than reverse and like Capt said just remove the inner fender liner and just twist and remove socket...I'm curious what color are you going with?

frey9171 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Imperial Blue / Shale-Brownstone

Probably white. I have a 2011 dark blue color (not sure of GM name) that I do not think is offered in US anymore. I am an expat living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Almost identical vehicle except for Homelink and satelite radio is deleted.

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

I just changed out those bulbs again and put LEDs, all I did was turn the wheel as far as I could to side I was working on and unscrewed 3 or 4 screws where the mud flap and maybe one or two much going up the end and I also took out the push pin at top and just pulled back and i reached up and unlocked socket by turn counter clockwise and there you have it in a matter of mins...

srx2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury w/ Nav

Hey Great work and write-up.

Have you thought about putting a LED in the little cubby hole under the radio/CD so when you open it up there is a soft light in there... and also the center console. They both have 12V already there, it would be a matter of opening, drilling a small hole and putting a 12V LED there. I went to the local auto store and saw the blue ones they sell, 4 per pack for $20. They have cool housing already on them and are ready for wiring up. Have you opened the cubby hole and center console?

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by srx2012 View Post
    Hey Great work and write-up.

Have you thought about putting a LED in the little cubby hole under the radio/CD so when you open it up there is a soft light in there... and also the center console. They both have 12V already there, it would be a matter of opening, drilling a small hole and putting a 12V LED there. I went to the local auto store and saw the blue ones they sell, 4 per pack for $20. They have cool housing already on them and are ready for wiring up. Have you opened the cubby hole and center console?
    You'd also want to put a switch so only on when opened so it might be more work than benefit. But that is only my thoughts.

Nah... An LED even on all of the time would out last the car. Not worried about heat or power use.. Just wondering if anyone has taken apart the center before I try ;-)

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srx2012 View Post
    Nah... An LED even on all of the time would out last the car.
    not if it's from ebay

LOL, that is funny!

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Never had much luck with the sliverstars . The turnsignal 3457A replaced 3 times on my 08 SRX. Not a easy job

buddy220022 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

Re: SRXMods! *Very pic heavy*

hi captain,
    real quick question. I am in the process of changing all my interior lights on my 2010 cadillac srx to leds. the one im having problems with is the glove box light. Any recommendations on which bulb to use? i tried using the ones i used with the doors and in the back but it just stays on and wont turn off when the glove box is closed.

Thanks!!

I just used the same 194 multidirectional led I used for all the other lights.

How do you know it stays on when the box is closed? The light shines out of the lines?

If it is staying on... I don't know what to say. Mine works correctly. I'm sorry I can't help out on this one...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

Also, I did find a direct LED replacement for the backup lights.
    Its called a G4 bulb. Most common in house-old applications. You have to get a skinnier bulb in order for it to fit.

Boomer01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance - Platinum Ice Tricoat

I also just finished swapping out all of the interior lights and tag lights with LEDs. Since some of the previously mentioned sites were out of certain LEDs, I used a site mentioned on another board I frequent: http://www.wardenjp.com/stores/

For the vanity lights I used: 1pc 31mm Vanity 2 Power SMD LED bulb (Warm White) to keep it closer to natural light instead of the bright white/blue hue given off by xenon white LEDs.

I bought 10 194 501 T10 1W High Power LED Wedge Bulbs (White) and 6 194 501 T10 5 Power SMD LED Wedge Bulbs (Xenon White) because I didn't know how much room I was working with. I would say that you should have no problem at any locations except maybe the rear seat map lights. They are a little tight. The single LED lights don't spread the light out enough and since the lights are installed directional, it makes it look dimmer than I prefer.

I would recommend using 2pcs 194 501 T10 5 Power SMD LED Wedge Bulbs (Xenon White) throughout the interior except maybe the map lights in the back seat. They may be too long and I would go with a shorter bulb.

Everything looks great though and I'm happy with the results.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.