SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy* - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy* in Cadillac SRX Forums; thanks again captain! 'coz nobody in the 4 shops i went to can help me, i told them that somebody ...
    OilCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 3.0 AWD Performance

Re: SRXMods! *Very pic heavy*

thanks again captain!
    'coz nobody in the 4 shops i went to can help me, i told them that somebody in the forums (you) was able to use the piaa or led equivalent for the drls and fogs but they said they don't have any references to the 2010s yet. i gave them the numbers you gave me but they wouldn't take it.

Johnel5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance Turbo

My Captain,
    Got a new project for you.
    Red LED rear fog lights.
    Rear fog lights came standard equipment on our 2002 Olds Aurora and really liked the way they made the vehicle visible in any type of weather conditions. Blizzards, torential rain, anything. Could see the back of our vehicle from a mile away when all others disappeared in the mire.
    As much as I like the way the SRX tail light "pipes" look in good weather they are kind of anemic when the weather isn't so great.
    Was thinking that fake extra back-up light on each side of the vehicle might be a good location for them.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Johnel5 View Post
    My Captain,
    Got a new project for you.
    Red LED rear fog lights.
    Rear fog lights came standard equipment on our 2002 Olds Aurora and really liked the way they made the vehicle visible in any type of weather conditions. Blizzards, torential rain, anything. Could see the back of our vehicle from a mile away when all others disappeared in the mire.
    As much as I like the way the SRX tail light "pipes" look in good weather they are kind of anemic when the weather isn't so great.
    Was thinking that fake extra back-up light on each side of the vehicle might be a good location for them.
    Are you referring to those red reflectors on the back bumper? If so, I think that replacing those with LEDs is an excellent idea.

Heard that mentioned as a possibility before, but no.
    I'm referring to the second back-up light on each side of the vehicle which is not really a back-up light at all. If you look closely, it's a fake chrome light bulb which does absolutely nothing when the back-up lights are on. Was just thinking that would be a great place for rear fog lights seeing as how that terrific spot is totally wasted currently. Got all the reflectors there and everything. Should be a way to replace that fake chrome bulb with a really bright red LED that would go on with the front fog lights.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Oh that bulb spot would be good, except is a molded part of the taillight casing. So in order to use that spot, you'll have to drill or dremel that bulb out... Not something I'm willing to do to mine, but feel free to lead! I like steve's idea putting led's (long flat strip ones) just above or below that reflective strip. Should be a bit easier without having to drill into expensive taillight casings.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Hmmmmm. Interesting...
    Was hoping you'd find an easy way to use that fake bulb spot.
    Oh well,,,

2011_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Hello to "TheCaptain"
    Your LED modifications appear so awesome I just made a purchase from V-LEDS. I just ordered some 194_4_HPF_W_6K and also purchased some 194_6F_W_6K. I may have to rewire the polarity for the 194_6F_W_6K but I thought I would give them a try because they are not as expensive as the "HPF" type. Question, have you tried any of these? Your vehicle is beautiful. Keep up the Great Work!

I haven't tried either of those bulb types, 2011_SRX. Mostly because they are a half directional light, and most of the SRX's light sockets are most effective with a bulb emitting light out the end. I always wondered if these bulbs would change the light light pattern dramatically or not so don't be afraid to post some pics!
    Thanks for the compliments!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I haven't tried either of those bulb types, 2011_SRX. Mostly because they are a half directional light, and most of the SRX's light sockets are most effective with a bulb emitting light out the end. I always wondered if these bulbs would change the light light pattern dramatically or not so don't be afraid to post some pics!
    Thanks for the compliments!
    Referencing the link on your post, I do see you used 194_5_SMT_W_6K bulbs in the interior. I only ordered two pair of each half directional just to try them. If they are not as good as yours, I will order the exact same you used. My only logic was the half directionals appeared slightly closer to the 901 bulb size I am replacing. Maybe the half directionals will be good in the glove compartment? I will be certain to post some photos and thanks again for listing the details on those really nice mods on your Caddy.

I understand. I look forward to seeing your input!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I understand. I look forward to seeing your input!
    Hey TheCaptain, Here are the results. The numbers written by each bulb represents the intensity reading from a light meter placed one foot from the lens. The larger number indicates the brightest bulb.
    Three 194_4_HPF_W_6K illuminate the luggage compartment nicely. They fit rather well inside the plastic lens/bulb holder assembly. In this application, the half directional work quite well but for the map lights and all others using a reflector, the 194_5_SMT_W_6K bulbs you chose are the best. Thanks for the great idea, they look super!
    Attached Images

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Of all of the mods, I am most impressed by the appearance of the mesh grills. So classy. Thank you for the pictures.

Gormerica is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Hi there, I wanted to thank you for the pics you posted to the group/thecaptain on the 194 bulbs, I am placing an order today and still digging through the site to figure out which bulbs to upgrade to for my 2010 SRX Luxury. I like the way your vanity and cargo area looks and wanted the exact same bulbs, what a sharp upgrade for the SRX.

My first question is which bulb did you choose for the dome lights?
    And are you happy with what you got ?
    (Who did you buy from ?)

THANKS SO MUCH! There appear to only be a few people who have done GOOD research on this upgrade, and I did not want to reinvent the wheel. Any details on you could provide me with on your order for the bulbs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Brian in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by 2011_SRX View Post
    Hey TheCaptain, Here are the results. The numbers written by each bulb represents the intensity reading from a light meter placed one foot from the lens. The larger number indicates the brightest bulb.
    Three 194_4_HPF_W_6K illuminate the luggage compartment nicely. They fit rather well inside the plastic lens/bulb holder assembly. In this application, the half directional work quite well but for the map lights and all others using a reflector, the 194_5_SMT_W_6K bulbs you chose are the best. Thanks for the great idea, they look super!

The "dome" lights in the SRX are actually all 194 bulbs. If you want to replace them all, (dome, doors, cargo, glovebox) we have 15!! I purchased from V-leds.com and am happy with them, i just bought more for the 06 Impala i just bought as well.

ALSO! I must update you guys, i'm one of those idiots that turns my foglights on every time i have the headlights on (not that the lights are on all the time, just once auto kicks on the headlights). So! Now one of my H10 6000K LED foglights crapped out on me. I got a whopping 8ish months out of them.
    After i got a whopping month and a half out of the LED DRL's, i am pissed at Putco's cheap LEDs!

Andraxus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium

Has anyone replaced the DRL's with LED, even better Amber imho? If so are there any pics? Also did they fit or were mods needed etc?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.