SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy* - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy* in Cadillac SRX Forums; I'm actually just going to go with LED fogs, that way they match the HID colour, but don't blind (and ...
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Re: SRXMods! *Very pic heavy*

I'm actually just going to go with LED fogs, that way they match the HID colour, but don't blind (and piss off) the people. The low/highs throw off more light then needed, and cut through fog nicely, so they'll just be cosmetic. Unless i fab up a projector casing into the fogs... then i would do a HID!

rtsittner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD in Graphite Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Unless i fab up a projector casing into the fogs... then i would do a HID!
    Great minds think alike, Captain! I was looking at the projector housing the other day and thought that they would make a good retrofit to the fog lights. Hmmm...

Randy

Jake2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX - Premium - Black Raven / Titanium - Chrome Tech

Look great!! I really love the grill! I seen the grill on a SRX in the showroom and inquired about it... the salesman said it was $1695 installed , also said the old grill becomes unusable so i got the impression they have to break it to get it off. Is that true Captain?

Love the lights too!

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2010 View Post
    also said the old grill becomes unusable so i got the impression they have to break it to get it off. Is that true Captain?
    They were probably just referring to the fact that the Cadillac emblem is taken off the OEM grille to be put on the new grille. I wouldn't see why they would have to damage the OEM grille to get it off.

Yea, i don't know about that. The emblem is reused, and i got my old upper grill back, but not the lower. lol So i'm thinking they may have broken it to install. I was lucky, they screwed the plate frame on the front of mine, of which i didn't want, so they put my grill in for free. I think if i would have done it myself it would have been a pain without taking the whole front fascia off. The grill itself is in the $650-750 area depending on where you get it and what type. (heavy mesh, fine mesh, double weave)
    I don't think i'll use the old grill for much other then a wall hanging trophy like thing anyway. lol

New mods again today! 6000K D2S headlights and 6000K 28 LED H10/9005 foglights! Man are these fogs bright! And all my front lights are now matching in colour, i just have to wait for my spare backup lights to come in before i can mod them to 6000K as well!

rtsittner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD in Graphite Metallic

VERY NICE! How hard was it to replace the HID bulbs (other than the PITA just to get to the housing)?

Randy

The D2S bulbs are rather cake to change out, of course once you get to them. Spin the big circle off, turn the ignitor to one side (it says on the back), pull it off, release two metal bracket things to release the bulb and reverse! *Carefull! AFM system (mounts) are likely to be fragile, and the bulb turns, don't forget!*

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

I found these nice compliments to the mesh grille.

http://www.carid.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Sube

OilCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 3.0 AWD Performance

Good Day, captain!
    i've been following ur posts since lastyear when the SRX became available in canada and i like all the mods you made to your SRX. i just have a few questions before i delve into this DIY stuff.
    *i would like to match my foglights and my DRLs to my headlights. i was wondering should i go with the 5000k or 6000k to match it? and where do you recommend on buying it? i'm from the prairies as well.
    * also did you end up changing your signal lights and back up lights to LEDs?
    thanks so much for the info you've been so helpful!

Hello OilCaddy! I would recommend 5000K to match up with the stock headlights as much as possible, and i would go with either V-LEDs.com or autolumination.com. Both are reputable sites with lots of stuff. If you are near Saskatoon, Tiger Auto carries lots of LED's and i looked at them after i bought mine, they seem to have a good selection, and are better for warranty then the websites. I imagine Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton and Calgary will have similar Auto Upgrade stores as well, but i am most familiar with Stoon. (Even though i am 5 hours away lol)

I actually had to change out my drl's back to halogen PIAA hyper white lights (in the 5200K spectrum, my headlights are Philips 5200K as well, still running 6000K LED fogs.) because for some reason my LED's in my DRL's blew up. Within three months of putting them in. I have had NO problems with the LED foglights, and have not changed the signal or back up lights. I would like to change the backup lights, but that is going to be a custom job sometime, as no one makes an LED replacement.

Here's a new pic with the PIAA's.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

thanks for the info Cap'n!

One more thing: How were you able to run the headlights, DRL and foglights On all at the same time? shouldn't the DRLs be off at night?

Nice to see you've gotten a hold of 18 stocks. when i got mine last Nov '09 its was hard to get a hold of them i ended up getting 20 dubs and toyo g02 plus, which i really regret when i saw yours, they're awesome!

Yea, the night pics actually don't have the DRL's on, that's just extra light being spread around the casing from the headlights.

And the 18's are really good for the winter, i was fortunate to find a set!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Yea, the night pics actually don't have the DRL's on, that's just extra light being spread around the casing from the headlights.

And the 18's are really good for the winter, i was fortunate to find a set!
    Captain i finally found auto upgrade stores close to home and they have PIAA as a supplier but they can't seem to find the equivalents for the 2010 SRX DRLs and Fogs. the catalogue (online&brochure) is showing headlights only for the 2010 SRX. If you can possibly give me the PIAA part #or name for the DRL bulbs that u hav installed so i can tell the store and the also for the fog lights, does PIAA have an equivalent so i can just all purchase them in one store if you can also give me the part # or name that would be great. i apologize for my ignorance i really dont know anything about this stuff!

Hmm, all i have is the DRL's are a 7440 (7443 works too), and the Foglights are H11's. I'll take a look to see if i still have the package for the DRL's.
    And Headlights are D2S in AFL equipped models, and 9007 in non AFL models.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.