SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy* - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy* in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Xancrus Thanks for all the help here folks! Put the LEDs in today (was waiting for a ...
    adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Xancrus View Post
    Thanks for all the help here folks! Put the LEDs in today (was waiting for a day where it was above freezing so I didn't crack a cover). I've got them all installed but the 2nd row passenger lights. I can't see to figure out how to get the covers off without possibly breaking them. These are the push button lights -- I was able to get the puddle lamps changed out. Do I have to take the whole door handle assembly off to get to the bulbs?
    I too had trouble removing the push lenses. I didn't want to risk breaking them so I took off the grab handles. Just pry off each cover. There is a bolt under each cover. The handle then pulls out. Then you can access the back of the light. Free the side that pushes first and then help push the other side of the lens tabs out with a small screwdriver. Then you can pull it all the way off. I know Captain said he didn't have to do all that but it worked for me and only took an extra couple minutes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Xancrus likes this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy*

Post #2 shows the rear seat lights, including the plastic lens and the holder in the vehicle. The two legs of the lens fit in the two side holes on the vehicle light bucket. The end of the lens has the clip where I started pulling it out (oriented to the front of the vehicle.)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

selena228 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Cadillac

Hello captain I have a question please...I just bought a 2011 Cadillac Srx, and I am in the process swapping those ugly yellow lights for led light interior...my question is those light in the vanity r they clipped and need a flat long nose player to clip them out?...sorry don't know much about car but trying to learn...

Yea, a small screwdriver would work good to get them out. Just be careful to not come in contact with anything metallic while popping the lights out.
    ezed1 likes this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

Captain,
    Did you have to install any resistors or replace flash modules when installing? Or was it a simple bulb swap out for your 2013?

Thanks
    Max

ezed1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77sev(Trd)82Eld(died)92sls(Trd)99sls(Trd)03dts(Trd)07sts13sr

Hey Captain
    thanks for the idea:-) i went with these in my 2013 work just fine nice and bright inside now
    Maximumk you dont need resistors for the interior lights, you only have to add the resistors it you are changing the blinker lights!
    also remember these are LED lights they have a polarity so if the dont light plugged in one way reverse them.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261319556497...84.m1439.l2649
    TheCaptain likes this.

As ezed said, I didn't do signals, so I had no need for resistors; or any need for anything other than direct replacement.

Thanks ezed1 & Captain. For some reason I thought you changed out everything on your 2013 Captain, including turns.

Max

handofthebeggar is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just curious, has anyone noticed a difference on the interior lights 'fade to off' feature changing once all the LEDs are installed? Do they now blink off (lower resistance) or do they still fade?

Thanks
    Max

463 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX AWD 3.0L Premium caribbean blue

they still fade.

CadillacJack99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 3.6 ATS Luxury

Just got a 2014 SRX Performance model and the Ebay ad for these bulbs ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-pieces-Wh...000d20&vxp=mtr ) says : This part is not compatible with 2014 Cadillac SRX Performance Sport Utility 4-Door 3.6L 217Cu. In. V6 FLEX DOHC Naturally Aspirated. Any ideas what interior led bulbs will work in the new 2104
    model?

Re: SRXMods! *Very pic heavy*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Here are some crossover numbers. These are just the LED suggested replacement.

Back Up- 16W -> G4 LED (small diameter)

DRL- W21/5W -> 7440

License Plate - W5W -> 194

Front Signal - WY21W -> 7443 *Unknown if SACK are needed or not* *Blinker Warning resister is likely needed* *Amber/Orange Recommended*

Rear Signal - W21W -> 7443 *Unknown if SRCK are needed or not* *Blinker Warning resister is likely needed* *Red Recommended*

Interior (yellow lights) - W5W - 194 *Must remain fairly small in order to fit in holder/bracket* *14 Interior lights are needed to replace all yellow ones*

Interior (vanity lights) - ?(it's just called vanity light) - LED Replacement *Only ONE is purchased at this price, FOUR are needed in the SRX*

Also, headlights in AFL equipped models is D2S bulbs.

Thanks all!

The same as 2010-13 models.

Post #10 Updated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.