SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy* - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy* in Cadillac SRX Forums; hey Capt I have the same SRX imperial blue , did tou replace the fog light bulbs 9145 with leds?...
    djarp33177 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010

Re: SRX Mods! *Very pic heavy*

hey Capt I have the same SRX imperial blue , did tou replace the fog light bulbs 9145 with leds?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Initially, yes. But they both burnt out within five months so I just use Nokya Stage 2 7000K halogen bulbs now.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

phineast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX

Hi guys,

I replaced the DRLs with the ones specified earlier in the thread and now I'm getting the failure warning every time I turn on the turn signal. There's been a mention of adding a resister. Anyone had to do this?

Phin

The '10-'12's didn't use CANBUS lights, but I guess if the '13 is saying you have a light out, then maybe they added it in. A resistor will have to be added, or a CANBUS ready bulb replaced in order to rid of the warnings.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

phineast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    The '10-'12's didn't use CANBUS lights, but I guess if the '13 is saying you have a light out, then maybe they added it in. A resistor will have to be added, or a CANBUS ready bulb replaced in order to rid of the warnings.
    Thanks Captain! And for the link. Bulbs are on the order. I think I'll give it a shot and replace them myself instead of the dealer!

Phin

Xancrus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac SRX Performance Package

New to the Cadillac world after picking up my first one and was looking into changing the interior bulbs to LEDs.... Everyone using 194s go with 5k or 6k LEDs? Also I've read the thread and reposting by TheCaptain, but I'm not seeing the under
    door "puddle" lamps listed... Has anyone replaced these and are they the same 194 type bulbs as well? Trying to get everything in line before I make a mass LED purchase to replace them all at once

Thanks in advance!!

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Xancrus View Post
    New to the Cadillac world after picking up my first one and was looking into changing the interior bulbs to LEDs.... Everyone using 194s go with 5k or 6k LEDs? Also I've read the thread and reposting by TheCaptain, but I'm not seeing the under
    door "puddle" lamps listed... Has anyone replaced these and are they the same 194 type bulbs as well? Trying to get everything in line before I make a mass LED purchase to replace them all at once

Thanks in advance!!
    Those lights under the doors are indeed 194 type. They pop right out using a plastic pry tool. The wiring is a little tight so you might want to gently use needlenoze pliers to pull the bulbs out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

463 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX AWD 3.0L Premium caribbean blue

I would just like to say Thanks to the Captain for taking the time to put the thread up on the Forum.
    As I have owned the car for the past year the lighting up grade is top notch and no problems.

So are people mainly using the 5k or 6k LEDs? Curious due to the different hues of the light produced...

I like the 6k personally.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Xancrus likes this.

I have used 6K. I like it better than 5K.

One final question, I hope... I noticed everyone was saying how pretty much every fixture was a "tight fit" or not much clearance... should I be looking at something like http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-high-p...58-1-pair.html or one of the flat setup 194s?

This is what I used and they all fit perfectly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-pieces-Wh...000d20&vxp=mtr

Xancrus, the LED you have linked to, is a directional light (most light out the front). It will fit, but will not put out optimal light since the SRX lights are mounted sideways in most cases. I went with some of the 360* leds so it doesn't matter which way it's mounted, light is optimally outputting in every direction.

Thanks for all the help here folks! Put the LEDs in today (was waiting for a day where it was above freezing so I didn't crack a cover). I've got them all installed but the 2nd row passenger lights. I can't see to figure out how to get the covers off without possibly breaking them. These are the push button lights -- I was able to get the puddle lamps changed out. Do I have to take the whole door handle assembly off to get to the bulbs?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.