those little things that owners discovered
about their vehicles that weren't necessarily
apparent to its owners.

Know a special feature, gadget, button,
secret storage area? Here is your opportunity
to share it with other SRX owners.

For example, Sube found a great way to store
entertainment accessories...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/193557-storing-rse-accessories.html

I have something less significant to share.

In the cargo area there are a few neat tear-away
cubby holes in the carpeting.

See less See more
#2 ·
Call me oblivious...
While I was searching and searching for the tire repair kit and pump, I did find the small cubbies under the carpet in the rear. What I did not realize (even called the dealer to order me a replacement!) was that the under floor compartment door has two sections, one of which is velcroed, and lo and behold, upon opening it further, the pump and repair kit were there all along... Who knew? (I fessed up before the dealer had ordered me another one)

#3 · (Edited)
Good idea NJRonbo. Here are a few.

There's a storage compartment directly to the right of the air compressor. It's perfect for a First Aid kit or small tool kit.

Two adapters for inflating sports balls and air mattresses are located on the bottom of the air compressor (9-77).

A fourth 12V outlet (page 4-12) is located at the rear of the storage compartment just below the HVAC controls.

Grocery bag hooks are located on the underside of the lid to the cargo management system (page 3-5). These are meant to be used with the lid locked in the open position.

The glove box has its own air conditioning vent (page 3-1). It's located on the left side of the interior glove box. It slides open or closed.

The DIC displays a lot more than the settings you manually scroll through. It also displays "Vehicle Messages" (page 4-34) that warn you of everything from a loose gas cap to a low battery in your keyless remote.

Once detached from the center mount, sun visors (1-25) slide from side-to-side to cover the side windows. Notice the two little arrows on the rod at the pivot point.

All four windows can be lowered from outside the car by pressing and holding the "unlock" button on the keyless remote (page 1-25).

A "Vehicle Locator" can be activated by pressing and releasing the panic button on the keyless remote (page 1-4). The exterior lights flash and the horn chirps.

Rear safety belt comfort guides (2-23) are tucked into pockets on the sides of the two outboard rear seats.

The center rear seat does have an adjustable head restraint (page 2-3). It's integrated into the seat so well, you might not know it's there.

Sube

#8 ·
Hmmmmmm...you guys are too good, let's see if I can come up with some:

-Navigation Input While Driving:In order to input navigation directions when the car is moving, just press the OnStar button, and the advisor will lookup places/address, and download them directly to your in-car navigation unit (of course it also works if you don't have the Nav screen, and just use the OnStar downloaded directions)

-Fence Holder under Cargo Cover: When the cargo fence is actually available, the clips under the cargo cover lid are there to store it.

-Rear DVD Screen Sources: You can plug a portable DVD player into the red/yellow/white inputs on the back of the center console to show a 2nd movie on one of the screens. Press the "AUX" button on the remove to cycle through using the input on both screens, left screen, right screen. The yellow jack on each screen is for inputting a video source only (i.e. Sony PSP) - plugging a source in will override any other input to the individual screen.

#14 ·
Use the same action as you would to turn on the blinker, but only press it about half-way up or down. It will blink three times in whichever direction and turn off. It's called the "Lane Change" feature.

#28 ·
Except if you notice that we also don't get the Tow Bolt... So what do you do if you get a blow out or your car is dead and you need a tow?

For those that have gotten their SRX towed already (dead battery), how did they hook you up? I would hate to have the tow truck guy do damage to my car simply because I don't have a tow bolt for them to hook up properly...

#23 ·
Here's an interesting one: Assuming that you have linked the Bluetooth to your cell, press the "PHONE" button on your radio panel. You'll get the type and model of your phone (who cares) and the phone Signal Strength. Since I drive in and out of system coverage, This is good info.

#33 ·
You have the ability to change the liftgate height for "3/4 mode."

Setting the Power Liftgate 3/4 Mode

To change the liftgate stop position:
1. Turn the liftgate switch to either the MAX, or the 3/4 mode position and power open the liftgate.
2. Stop the liftgate movement at the desired height by pressing any liftgate switch. Manually adjust the liftgate position if
required.
3. Press and hold the button on the liftgate adjacent to the latch until the turn signals flash and a beep sounds to indicate that the new setting is recorded. When power opened with the 3/4 mode selected, the liftgate stops at the new set position.

#34 ·
In the cargo area there are a few neat tear-away
cubby holes in the carpeting.
But wait, there's more! I can't take credit for this tip (from our salesman), but it was definitely what pushed us over the edge to get the SRX - an amazing feature. :histeric:

So you remove the small "cubby covers"....

Look, VELCRO! So take the cover and put it down anywhere on the carpet...it sticks!

AMAZING! So yeah, our salesman says you can use these like a stopper....to prevent cargo from sliding around. Haven't tried it yet, but I thought I should share this revolutionary design tidbit.

#36 ·
haha, wow, never thought of that! Way to go Andy!

PS: I can see your build codes! *Muhahahahaaha*

PPS: There is no harm in anyone seeing your build codes (in case someone didn't know), i was just trying to be funny. :thepan:

#41 ·
Yeah, I discovered this by accident while watching the car's reflection in a store window. Didn't know if it was a mechanical defect or designed to work that way. That is, until I saw another Cadillac do the same thing. I can't remember what model it was, but I know it wasn't an SRX.

Sube

#40 ·
How about this: When the radio is off, it can be turned on by pressing the "source" (SRCE) button on the left side steering wheel controls. Once on, the SRCE button then scrolls through XM, FM, etc..

The DRLs going off when signaling is pretty cool - only the side that is signaling turns off.

And the best thing (unrelated to this thread) - all my issues (struts, AFL, seat memory and rear axle) are all fixed, and at 9200 miles - awesome !!!!!!! Best car ever !!!!!

#46 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.