Fog Light Bulb Number
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Fog Light Bulb Number in Cadillac SRX Forums; Does anyone have the bulb type/number used in the fog lights? I am looking to replace those "yellow" incandescent bulbs ...
    rtsittner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD in Graphite Metallic

Fog Light Bulb Number

Does anyone have the bulb type/number used in the fog lights? I am looking to replace those "yellow" incandescent bulbs with LEDs. I would love to put a pair of HIDs in there, but from what I have read from TheCaptain, the housings are just too small. Oh well...

Any sources for good LED bulbs would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.

Randy

One more thing, the manual calls out the bulb number for the back-up lights as "Hyperclick 16W". I searched on that name and nothing matched. Anyone have this number as well? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Fog Light Bulb Number

Yea, i can post up some numbers for you tomorrow, i have a list of interchangable numbers for all the damn fancy bulbs in this thing. (They all might not perfectly fit, it's just what i can cross over in numbers, sizing, and possibly right receptor shape. I'll know more when my package arrives.)

Fog lights are H10/9145 though. And HID's will not fit. I'm going to try LED's once V-LED's gets some 6000K H10 high power ones in again. They have 5000K if you want to match colour similar to the stock headlights.

I was going to change out the signals to LED's too, but then they flash really fast, and although V-LED's sells proper resistors for stopping the hyper flash, i finally came to the conclusion i'm not going to butcher my nice new wiring just for signals.

I do want to change out the DRL, backup and fog to LED. Backup are easy, the DRL will be hard, because the front fascia has to come off to remove the headlight housing, to change bulbs!

Thanks Captain... I look forward your post with the numbers. I will swap out all the interior bulbs as well.

As for the R&R of the DRLs, I see in the manual where you need to remove the "underhood electrical center" for the driver's side and the "air filter/cleaner
    assembly and base" for the passenger side. You mean it is more involved than that? Yikes...

Randy

Well, i couldn't figure out the mounting points for the electrical center... but we were on a bit of a time constraint. So it might be a bit easier then i'm making it out to be. A service manual sure would help.

Anyway, here are some crossover numbers. These are NOT guaranteed to work, it's just the LED suggested replacement.

Back Up- 16W -> 921 Colour choice

DRL- W21/5W -> 7440 Choice

License Plate - W5W -> 194 Colour choice

Front Signal - WY21W -> 7443 Colour choice *Unknown if SACK are needed or not* *Blinker Warning resister is likely needed* *Amber/Orange Recommended*

Rear Signal - W21W -> 7443 Colour choice *Unknown if SRCK are needed or not* *Blinker Warning resister is likely needed* *Red Recommended*

Interior (yellow lights) - W5W - 194 Colour choice *Must remain fairly small in order to fit in holder/bracket* *13 Interior lights are needed to replace all yellow ones*(*)

(*) I am unsure about the immediate driver/passenger overhead lights being 194, i just guessed since i was to lazy to take the cover off. Will update once my lights arrive. *Would be two less 194 bulbs inside, and two more of whatever they may be if i am wrong*

Interior (vanity lights) - ? - LED Replacement Colour choice *Only ONE is purchased at this price, FOUR are needed in the SRX* (Only appears to be blue right now, i must have bought the last of their 6000K for the time being. )

Thanks Captain... I ordered the LED DRLs and Fogs today and will give them a go. I should have picked up the front turn signals, but, like you, am a bit hesitant to mess with the wiring.

Randy

HEAD'S UP! The backup light is NOT 921! I found that out today when i tried to switch them! I don't think Cadillac used any bulbs on the outside that can interchange with anything!
    Also! The headlights on AFL (Adaptive Forward Lighting) models is NOT D1S bulbs. They are close for bulbs but the connectors are wrong.

I got all my interior lights changed out to LED! I will have pics up ASAP. All interior lights ARE 194 LED convertive.

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

So did we come up with a bulb size for the back up lights also forgive me if I missed something but what is the bulb size of vanity/visor mirrors

The vanity mirror bulb is this in LED form: LED vanity light (5000K)
    And the back up is a 12184 bulb, which doesn't have any equivalents in anything other then stock. At least as far as i've found.

Here is a bulb cross reference guide!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

My luck the bulbs are out of stock and it kills me not to have led back up lights and plus I wanted to be able to say I changed every bulb on the truck other than rear blinker which is pointless unless it was red led which leads to hyper flash

Yea, i wanted to have all LED too. But after having most of the LED's (no interior or plate lights) burn out wayyyyyy prematurely... i said F it. And no direct replacement for the rears means customizing... which i'm not super enthused about on my $60 000 SRX.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

I under exactly how you feel because I have all led in 2 other cars...so on this one I said I will just put extreme white piaa in the hard to get to(blinker,drl, etc) and then led in the easy ones(inside) because I just bought 20 194 white led bulbs for 11.98 shipped so whenever one starts one flicker I just pop it out because I hate standard bulbs with yellow look or even amber bulbs as well....hopefully I can find 12184 in piaa since I can't find led

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Hey guys, look what a Co. did for the newest Camaro back-up bulb (same as ours......12184)
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68687

SS

Sweet, now we just need someone to do that for our back up lights!

I guess we get enough of us together to agree to buy from them if they make and maybe they would consider doing but I did already talk to AAC and they said only for camaro and I ask if u could just detatch the lens and make bulb and they still said prob not but I figure if they see worth the while by knowing they will sell then they might even make a fancy one at that

bwclemons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

I have 55wt HID's in my fog's and they work perfectly. there is plenty of room and I have no overheating problem. the lenses look perfect with no signs of overheating.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.