Voice Commands "Cheat Sheet"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Voice Commands "Cheat Sheet" in Cadillac SRX Forums; A while ago I put together a cheat sheet with all of the most common voice commands. I printed it ...
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Voice Commands "Cheat Sheet"

A while ago I put together a cheat sheet with all of the most common voice commands. I printed it out and kept it in the car just in case I forget something. The whole point was, to have the info handy so that eventually I'd memorize all of the commands and wouldn't need to refer to it. It worked, so I thought I'd share it with everyone. This is especially helpful to those who have just acquired their vehicles.

Most of this is from page 94 of the Navigation Manual. It's a lot easier having this on one sheet of paper then it is thumbing through a manual while driving.

If you'd like to speed up the voice recognition process, a good way to do it is to turn off "Speech Confirmation Feedback". Go to the Configuration Menu/Navigation/Voice Prompt/Speech Confirmation Feedback. Uncheck this. Now, when you give a voice command, instead of hearing the lady repeat the entire command, you'll just hear a beep to confirm that the command was received. Much quicker!

Sube

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SoCalGal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (previously 2005 CTS)

Re: Voice Commands "Cheat Sheet"

Thanks Sube. I haven't used the voice commands much, mainly because I don't remember what they are. This will help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGal View Post
    I haven't used the voice commands much, mainly because I don't remember what they are.
    You and a lot of other people I'm sure. I was the same way. That's why I made this.

Sube

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Sube,

This was so cool of you to do this.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Glad to help out.

Sube

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Awesome! Thanks a lot.

hapycadyownr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Thanks for doing this!

For Phone commands some folks might want to add: "Transfer Call"
    It took me forever to find out how to get a phone call to transfer back to my cell phone. My friend with bluetooth in his Lincoln suggested just walking away from the car and it would happen automatically. It was funny (but frustrating) to still hear him in my car several yards away asking "did it work?"!!

Quote Originally Posted by hapycadyownr View Post
    For Phone commands some folks might want to add: "Transfer Call".
    The original was a "Word" document, but I couldn't upload it to this site, so I had to save it as a PDF. For anyone interested, PM me with your email address and I'll email the original Word doc to you. That way you can edit it to your liking.

Sube

Here's an updated version. More voice commands for the phone.

Sube

watchcricket is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury +NAV

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Here's an updated version. More voice commands for the phone.

Sube
    Sube, Thanks for the tip and so for the document. It really helps!

I have a couple of questions though!

1. How do you switch to the "Navigation" screen using the "Voice Recognition" when the radio is on/playing? so that we can use a "Navigation" command (for example, "Destination")

2. When making calls using "Voice Recognition" that uses a bluetooth phone, the call will not go through if the phone is "locked"!! Is there a workaround other than "not" locking the phone or "unlocking" the phone before using this feature?

Thanks in advance.
    CeeJay71 likes this.

jklingel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Post Re: Voice Commands "Cheat Sheet"

I am a newbie SRX owner and was having a difficult time remembering the OnStar language. I have attached the cheat sheet I created. I hope it is helpful.
    Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by watchcricket View Post
    Sube, Thanks for the tip and so for the document. It really helps!

I have a couple of questions though!

1. How do you switch to the "Navigation" screen using the "Voice Recognition" when the radio is on/playing? so that we can use a "Navigation" command (for example, "Destination")

2. When making calls using "Voice Recognition" that uses a bluetooth phone, the call will not go through if the phone is "locked"!! Is there a workaround other than "not" locking the phone or "unlocking" the phone before using this feature?

Thanks in advance.
    When you press the handsfree button on the steering wheel, the radio should automatically mute. After the command "Destination", you should receive prompts to enter the rest of the address. Once you've completed the address entry process, the Nav screen should appear, overriding the radio display.

I've not experienced this. What model phone are you using? The lock on my phone only locks the buttons and touch screen. It doesn't lock any of the functions. I only lock my phone when it's in my pocket, do I don't accidentally dial someone. Any other time, including in the car, it's unlocked.

Sube

MarioA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8T - Raven Black

"the call will not go through if the phone is "locked"!! "

Haven't experienced this either...
    What type of phone is it?
    also...
    Curious if you have tried other bluetooth headsets with the phone? And do you experience the same behavior with those headsets?

watchcricket is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury +NAV

Sube,

Thanks for your response.

1. Works just fine (I thought I tried the same yesterday but could be I said/tried "Navigation")

Sube/Mario
    2. I have a Sprint Touch Pro2 and the call does not go through when locked. So, I ended up removing the "locking"!

Yes, my "Plantronics Discover 925" bluetooth headset works just fine (can redial and use voice recognition) when the phone is locked!!

Quote Originally Posted by watchcricket View Post
    Sube,

Thanks for your response.

1. Works just fine (I thought I tried the same yesterday but could be I said/tried "Navigation")

Sube/Mario
    2. I have a Sprint Touch Pro2 and the call does not go through when locked. So, I ended up removing the "locking"!

Yes, my "Plantronics Discover 925" bluetooth headset works just fine (can redial and use voice recognition) when the phone is locked!!
    That's weird that they designed it like that. Is there a reason you needed to have it locked while in the car, or do you just normally always keep it locked?

Sube

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.