Cargo Management System
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Cargo Management System in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone been successful in buying the Cargo Management System for the 2010 SRX. It is detailed in the brochure ...
    First Ward is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010

Unhappy Cargo Management System

Has anyone been successful in buying the Cargo Management System for the 2010 SRX. It is detailed in the brochure , but my dealer's parts Dept has told me , GM does not have a supplier yet ? Is this so ?
    I am not only speaking here of a "NET" but the system with the adjustable rails to prevent movement all over the rear ?
    I have my vehicle now for almost three months !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

retgi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Cargo Management System

I was told by salesman that they removed from all due to quality/rattling issues.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Question Re: Cargo Management System

I took delivery on Saturday and discovered there are cargo management anchors, but no rails..... go figure! By the way - would someone tell me how to get the "smiley icons" in the message box???

SoCalGal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (previously 2005 CTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    would someone tell me how to get the "smiley icons" in the message box???
    Use "Post Reply" (bottom left of last post) not the Quick Reply. Smile choices will come up.

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

The rails have never been released, and are not listed on the GM accessories web site...

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Yeah, they need to remove the pics from the website. This will avoid a lot of confusion. It's not listed under "Accessories", but it is pictured at the link below.

http://www.cadillac.com/2010srx/#/co...10srxcrossover.

Sube

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

You'll note in the brochure and on the website that the "cargo fence" is optional - you're not missing anything that was to be on your vehicle. You should have the 4 adjustable tiedown hooks.

As to availability, the latest I'm hearing is July / August (i.e. 2011MY).

On thing to consider is the cargo net. It uses the hooks on the sidewalls just above the floor, and stretches to accomodate and hold things from sliding around. I was impressed with how "simple stupid" it works - and it's pretty cheap too.

MarioA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8T - Raven Black

Ok so I just read this review (dated: 04/15/2010) and saw this quote:

"It includes an adjustable cargo fence that divides the cargo area to contain smaller items, and also retracts beneath the load floor when not in use."

So has the Cargo Fence been released? Anyone know?

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by MarioA View Post
    Ok so I just read this review (dated: 04/15/2010) and saw this quote:

"It includes an adjustable cargo fence that divides the cargo area to contain smaller items, and also retracts beneath the load floor when not in use."

So has the Cargo Fence been released? Anyone know?
    Don't put too much credence in what some of these reviewers say. I've found many inaccuracies in different reviews. Sometimes they only have the vehicle in their possession for a few hours. The cargo fence was NEVER included with the SRX. It was supposed to be an option, but as mentioned previously in this thread, quality control issues have delayed its release....possibly indefinitely.

Sube

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

I spoke today with the individual in charge of GM accessories in Canada and he says the fence will be made available as soon as the quality issues are settled. He would not put any date as to when that might happen.....

CaddySpec25 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): SRX, DTS, Escalade

Hey there SRX Owners, I have some limited quantities of the Cargo Fence. It is fully adjustable in length, comes with the 2 fully lockable and adjustable placement boots that slide into the cargo area track, and of course is 100% OEM Straight from Cadillac. I would be more than happy to send plenty of pictures to anyone with your name written on a piece of paper in the picture just to prove I'm real, just let me know what angle/adjustment view you would like to see.

I also have a few Cargo area covers available which are really cool as they provide 100% coverage at a flat retracted shade angle or even at a 45 degree angle via the dual slots located around the middle point of the trunk glass. Available in both tan and gray.
    Also available: Brand new SRX Floormats, SRX cargo tie down points, Cadillac most recent Navigation DVD version 6.0c. As far as price goes, let me know what sparks your interest and we will take it from there.

Paypal is cool with me or if you prefer to meet up in person, thats also cool. I am located in the NYC area. You can send me a private message or look up my e-mail address in my visitors message.

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

CaddySpec25, I read your post with interest. I`m not calling you a liar as it`s my guess you are in the states and I`m in Canada and things are sometimes different for the two nations. My point in all this is just today I enquired about the cargo fence at my Caddy dealer and it is simply not available in Canuckville. At least this is what I was told. Perhaps other folks can add to this thread. For the record, it is my hope that my information is incorrect as it`s my guess a lot of people would be interested in the fence. Perhaps GM Jim has an update for us.

chiefmjk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Turbo/ Premium/Crystal Red & 2006 SRX AWD Red

My 2011 came with the cargo fence. It works great with no noise.

tonben is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Lux

Mine came with a fence also.

2011 Lux

CaddySpec25 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): SRX, DTS, Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee View Post
    CaddySpec25, I read your post with interest. I`m not calling you a liar as it`s my guess you are in the states and I`m in Canada and things are sometimes different for the two nations. My point in all this is just today I enquired about the cargo fence at my Caddy dealer and it is simply not available in Canuckville. At least this is what I was told. Perhaps other folks can add to this thread. For the record, it is my hope that my information is incorrect as it`s my guess a lot of people would be interested in the fence. Perhaps GM Jim has an update for us.
    I completely understand your concern.

A little later today, I will be posting a picture of it along with "Cadillacforums.com" written on a piece of paper in the picture.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.