XM Radio for $77 a year!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, XM Radio for $77 a year!!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; For those of you who haven't yet reached the end of you 90 day free trial period with XM, you ...
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

XM Radio for $77 a year!!!

For those of you who haven't yet reached the end of you 90 day free trial period with XM, you can get great discounts if you call them. I did an Internet search for discount rates and stumbled across an Acura forum where a guy mentioned getting a discount rate of $77 a year. I called that number and the lady acted as if she'd never heard of this rate. She wouldn't budge. She insisted on the regular $142.45 annual renewal rate. Then she tried to sell me a lifetime membership of $399! I told her, with this economy she doesn't even know if they'll be in business five years from now, let alone a lifetime. I politely declined and hung up. Then I called the number on notice they send you when your trial period is about to expire (866-408-2096). I mentioned that a friend got a yearly rate of $77. Without haggling, she immediately gave it to me. They tack on another $11.78 music royalty fee. I tried to get out of that, but she said she had to include it because it goes directly to the artists. There was no way around it. I figured, what the heck. That's still only $7.39 a month, which is a great price. So if you want to save some money, call that number. Never pay full price for XM. From what I understand, they don't exactly have customers beating their doors down. They're eager to get new customers, and are therefore flexible with their rates.

One note. Normally, your subscription will automatically renew AT THE REGULAR RATE. After you sign up, wait a day and call the Customer Service no. (800-967-2346) to tell them you want your credit card removed from their files. Tell them you want to receive an invoice when your subscription is about to expire. Then, when that time comes you can call them and renegotiate another discount rate.

If your trial period has already expired, you've probably noticed that all of your presets on the audio system are blank. No worry. As soon as you renew your subscription, they reappear.

Sube

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

phllyntv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX Performance

Re: XM Radio for $77 a year!!!

Sube does that include the nav weather and nav traffic ? Thats a reallly good price.

Quote Originally Posted by phllyntv View Post
    Sube does that include the nav weather and nav traffic ? Thats a reallly good price.
    No, that doesn't. That's just for the radio. But she quoted me a discount price for that too. I can't remember exactly what it was. I think it was like an extra $13 a year or something. Don't quote me on that. If you call, just get the $77 price first. Then, they'll automatically ask you if you want the Nav Traffic added, which will be at the discounted price.

Sube

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Old News, I posted this back in November, but it is always worthwhile to remind people that there are deals out there...

Quote Originally Posted by larryk View Post
    Old News, I posted this back in November, but it is always worthwhile to remind people that there are deals out there...
    I thought I saw this here too, but a search turned up nothing. Oh well, as least everyone knows this is still on.

Sube

Andy_TN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

From what I understand, the same goes for OnStar -- that it's negotiable. Wait until your service is almost up and be ready to cancel because "the economy is tough and something's gotta go..." -- they can apparently do quite a bit better than the advertised price when push comes to shove. No personal experience, yet, our SRX is only a month old

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I received a postcard from XM this week, advising me of the $77 deal...though it has been around for a long time now. And as for OnStar, you are correct. On my CTS, I called to cancel OnStar and was offered basic for $12.99/mo. or $145/year.

SoftballDad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX (FWD Luxury)

I just renewed a couple of weeks ago. Did the internet search and found a deal of $19.99 for 5 months plus a royalty fee - total of $23.05. As soon as the rep answered, I asked for this deal and said that the regular price is too expensive for the amount of time I'm in the car. She did not hesitate in giving it. Also did the 1 time charge on the credit card and it will not be automatically renewed. I don't mind calling back every few months and XM will mail a reminder when the subscription is ending.

Ya, my hubby did the 5-month thing on the Tahoe...which is up in March. I'm wondering what they will offer when that expires. I'm not a fan of XM, so in the SRX I couldn't care less--I won't be renewing.

analogist is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sube, thanks for the heads up. I have two units on my family plan and they gave me the sale rate for my primary unit which I have on my home stereo.

RT, my subscription expires in June and they extended it one year from June now at the $77 price.

For those of you who don't have Nav Traffic, it is the best $4 a month you could buy. Works so well. I live in NYC and drove to Philadelphia yesterday. It was the first road trip for my 2 week old
    SRX. Fine trip, 25MPG, and lots of construction which all came up on Nav Traffic. I used all the detours the offered and they worked well.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    Ya, my hubby did the 5-month thing on the Tahoe...which is up in March. I'm wondering what they will offer when that expires. I'm not a fan of XM, so in the SRX I couldn't care less--I won't be renewing.
    Such a buzzkill...

Chuck777 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    No, that doesn't. That's just for the radio. But she quoted me a discount price for that too. I can't remember exactly what it was. I think it was like an extra $13 a year or something. Don't quote me on that. If you call, just get the $77 price first. Then, they'll automatically ask you if you want the Nav Traffic added, which will be at the discounted price.

Sube
    Just signed up. I have another XM so I consolidated the accounts. I got the $77 promotional rate but she wouldn't discount the navtraffic. That's $4 per month. The whole package was $136.66 for the year. So it was $54 less than the regular rate. But really only saved about $25 because a second radio gets a discounted rate anyway. I'm OK with it. Probably can live without navtraffic but not without XM.

2010SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Thanks! Just signed up!

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Been doing this $77 deal for three years now.

XM does not publicly announce it however if you
    tell them you want to cancel, they will offer it.

And, no, you can't get the NAVWeather discounted.

You can always get deals from SiriusXM. I threatened
    to cancel my additional radio subscriptions and ended
    up getting them for $20 for 5 months (instead of $7 a month).

They will do anything to keep you as a subscriber
    because they can't afford to lose subscribers who
    are getting tired of their subpar music programming.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.