XM Radio for $77 a year!!! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, XM Radio for $77 a year!!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; I just called XM/Sirius to see about the $77 deal for my husband, he is currently paying $15.39 a month. ...
    cherie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: XM Radio for $77 a year!!!

I just called XM/Sirius to see about the $77 deal for my husband, he is currently paying $15.39 a month. The representative I spoke with did not offer me anything else except a yearly rate which included one free month. I told him I wanted to cancel the subscription and he asked when I wanted to since it just renewed on 9/5/11. Should I go ahead and just tell them to cancel it and see what happens? My hubby's going to be upset if he doesn't have his radio. BTW he doesn't know I'm doing this and he's out on the road! I'm always trying to save some money!

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Just keep calling them back... there is a "Half Off" promotion going on now for $77.00 + 8.32 music royalty fees. That paticular package (dang I forgot the name of that package) also includes the weather and traffic updates too.

BTW: I just got that package yesterday for myself and my wife.... and If you get two packages together under the same name you will be able to receive an additional discounted price too.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Yes, you have to take the gamble. You have to tell them to cancel.

Chances are, they will tell you they are going to process your cancellation then forward you to another department.

Worst that happens is that you cancel, and you call back a day later to sign back up.

Thus far, I have heard of nobody being cancelled without being offered a discount at the last minute of the call.

Of course, there's always a first....

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

Quote Originally Posted by cherie View Post
    I just called XM/Sirius to see about the $77 deal for my husband, he is currently paying $15.39 a month. The representative I spoke with did not offer me anything else except a yearly rate which included one free month. I told him I wanted to cancel the subscription and he asked when I wanted to since it just renewed on 9/5/11. Should I go ahead and just tell them to cancel it and see what happens? My hubby's going to be upset if he doesn't have his radio. BTW he doesn't know I'm doing this and he's out on the road! I'm always trying to save some money!
    I would suggest you show your husband this thread and discuss it with him. If you signed a contract, I don't know how easy it will be to get out of it. If it was me I would call and try to cancel it. When they ask you why tell them you're pissed off because you found out that people are getting this deal and you felt you should have been offered and you don't want anything to do with them anymore. You can survive without XM, they can't survive without customers. I wish you got to read this thread a month ago. Timing is everything.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

You have to get to the cancellation department to get the deals. They DON"T want anyone to cancel. Call their bluff, I have to go through this evedry year. They are a PITA to deal with. They would get much more business if they would just be honest upfrontand offer the same good rate to everyone.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

SiriusXM really runs a shady business and they have been under investigation for their practices with pricing. I was part of a settlement recently where I received credit to my account.

It's true. They won't let you cancel. It costs them more money to add subscribers than let them go.

I have been a subscriber for nearly 10 years now, and the game has always been the same. You threaten to cancel, they throw you all sorts of deals to stay. Even if you cancel, you get mailings offering 5 months for $20.

Where they nab you on that deal, is if you forget to cancel after 5 months, they automatically renew you at full rate. And that is what they hope for.

Customer service is perhaps the worst I have ever seen from any company. You get on the phone with SiriusXM and most likely you will experience long delays getting a customer service rep. You are very lucky if you get someone without a thick accent who can understand your request the first time.

I hate calling SiriusXM, and thank goodness, I usually only need to do so once a year.

Very shady business practices, but once you learn the trick, you can always get great deals over their normal pricing.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Always use a virtual (or secure) account number and after the charge runs, cancel the number. That way they can't re-bill you on it. Or better yet, have them bill you and don't even give them a number.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Always use a virtual (or secure) account number and after the charge runs, cancel the number. That way they can't re-bill you on it. Or better yet, have them bill you and don't even give them a number.
    We let ours run out last spring and were called and offered the 5 months for $20 for the summer; and when we called to renew for another 5 months, they offered the $77 a year deal...so it is still out there; just two weeks ago!!

kchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 11 CTS Coupe- Black Ice

It has been a while since anyone has posted the price that they are paying for XM these days. Are they still giving the $77 year?

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Two months ago, my free 3 months trial on my pre-owned Lincoln MKZ expired. First, they offered me an annual plan for 50% off the regular price by mail. A few weeks later, I got an e-mail with an even better offer. I paid $42 incl. taxes and online/mobile XMSirius-access for 6 months.

I think it's safe to say that you get the best offers when you cancel or intend to cancel before your service automatically extends or if you don't have service at all. Paying the regular price is like burning money.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Got the $77 in mid december for the SRX and my HHR. Expect to do the same when the subscription on my Avalanche runs out in May. I got hold of someone who didn't speak english as a first language at the beginning. Rather than go through all the trouble with her, I asked to be immediately transferred to the cancdllation dept. so far every time I have spoken to someone at the cancellation dept, they have been here in the U.S. Told her that i wanted to cancel both vehicles, she asked if the price was the problem. I told her yes and she immediately offered the $77 rate, and all was good. I mark it on the calendar when the scrip is due to run out, and call them about two weeks ahead of time every year.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

After letting XM lapse, I just received a letter in the mail from them offering 6 months of SeriusXM for $25.00 with free activation. I let it lapse last year and picked up the 6 months for $25. So essentially, I'm paying $50.00 per year!!! Not bad.

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    After letting XM lapse, I just received a letter in the mail from them offering 6 months of SeriusXM for $25.00 with free activation. I let it lapse last year and picked up the 6 months for $25. So essentially, I'm paying $50.00 per year!!! Not bad.
    Yep, that's the same offer I took. Adding the online-service brings it to about $42 for 6 months.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I don't see how Sirius XM keeps customers at all. Their pricing model does nothing but infuriate people. I absolute hate haggling over prices. They should set a fair and reasonable price and stick to it. Even though I feel I got a good deal on mine, I don't like what I had to go through in order to get it.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

Many customers no doubt just pay their rates and don't question it or haggle with them. Just the American Way at work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.