Factory 20" CHROME Wheels?? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Factory 20" CHROME Wheels?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by sube5186 I originally planned on getting the 20" alloy wheels. But when I saw them on the ...
    KevinOpp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Peformance Turbo

Re: Factory 20" CHROME Wheels??

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post

I originally planned on getting the 20" alloy wheels. But when I saw them on the car, something just didn't look right. My wife finally pointed it out to me. The dull, satin finish of standard alloy wheels clashes with the shinny chrome accents on the car. Look at the window trim, door handles and side turn signal plate. All are either highly polished aluminum or chrome. The chrome tech wheels accent these areas.
    Sube

and i did the exact same thing, and the salesman and my wife looked at me like i was nuts. the salesman even didn't want me to upgrade! He was the one who then pointed out, "but the alloy wheels DO match the satin finish on the roof rack, which the chrome doesn't".

at that point i just withered and stayed with the alloy's.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

It all comes down to personal taste. Neither choice is right or wrong.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

willcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If you check the 2012 SRX sales brochure they state the choices

"20" x 8" 7 spoke chrome-tech aluminum wheels. The 18 " wheels are identified as painted aluminum or ultra bright aluminum wheels. The other 20" wheel is described as bright machined aluminum with light Argent Metallic accents. End of quote. No false advertising as I see it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.