Factory 20" CHROME Wheels?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Factory 20" CHROME Wheels?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I order mine without the chrome wheels figuring I will go aftermarket. Then my dealership recieved one just like I ...
    First1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010SRX sold)2012 Escalade

Re: Factory 20" CHROME Wheels??

I order mine without the chrome wheels figuring I will go aftermarket. Then my dealership recieved one just like I ordered except it had the chrome wheels. Guess witch one is in my garage. Yup the chrome wheeled one. It looks fantastic...

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

To those of you who own the chrome tech wheels, do you wash them with good ol fashion soap and water or with an after market product? Is there concern about ruining the finish with the stronger (corrosive) after market products? Thanks for your help

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee View Post
    To those of you who own the chrome tech wheels, do you wash them with good ol fashion soap and water or with an after market product? Is there concern about ruining the finish with the stronger (corrosive) after market products? Thanks for your help
    Regular car wash and a sponge or car washing brush works fine. I'm talking about the kind with soft, "feathered" bristles. You definitely don't want to use anything abrasive. The key is to not let your wheels get super dirty BEFORE you clean them. In between car washes I use a soft clothe that I mist spray with plain water. It lifts a light layer of brake dust off of the wheels like a magnet, and without leaving water spots. I do this about every two or three days, depending on how much I drive. You could shave looking into my wheels.

If you're not the kind to spend a lot of time laboring over your wheels, try some Brown Royal. This stuff is supposed to work wonders. It cleans wheels with NO rubbing what so ever. It's also non-acid based.

http://www.flashwax.com/

http://www.flashwax.com/wheelcleanerpolishers.html

Sube

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

That Brown Royal looks like a pretty impressive product. I`ll have to try and get me some. Hope its available up here in Canuckville. Thanks Sube

MarioA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8T - Raven Black

What do you think about a chrome polish to put a layer of protection on (when they are absolutely clean) to make it easier to clean off dirt/dust later?

Quote Originally Posted by MarioA View Post
    What do you think about a chrome polish to put a layer of protection on (when they are absolutely clean) to make it easier to clean off dirt/dust later?
    Not needed in my opinion. The bare chrome is naturally slick. Dirt and brake dust just slide right off. As a matter of fact, just the pressure from a regular garden hose rinses all but the heaviest brake dust. I've had clear coated alloy wheels in the past, so I can say that by comparison these are much easier to clean. The only disadvantage is that you have to be more meticulous when drying these, as they'll show ever single water spot. You don't have to worry about that with alloy wheels. Minor water spots will go unnoticed.

Sube

Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee View Post
    That Brown Royal looks like a pretty impressive product. I`ll have to try and get me some. Hope its available up here in Canuckville. Thanks Sube
    I'd have to say that unless you let your wheels get filthy dirty, Brown Royal is a bit overkill for the Chrome-Tech wheels. BR is more for alloy wheels with stubborn, baked on brake dust.

Sube

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

They sure shine up good for just a soap and water clean. Though mine gets sponge bathed.

no2obama is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

The term is Chrome Clad wheels which you see on the lot in 20" size from the factory. Similatr to many vehicles today like the dodge ram. You can order from the parts department 20" true chrome wheels (solid alloy dipped in chrome) that have a slight design change from the clad 20's. The price diff is substantial. Chrome clad rims are less expensive to mfg and are much easier on the environment to produce (over chrome).

pcolacadisrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The 20" CHROME wheels on my 2010 SRX Performance model are NOT chrome painted plastic.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

If they aren't then your dealer replaced them with aftermarket wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by pcolacadisrx View Post
    The 20" CHROME wheels on my 2010 SRX Performance model are NOT chrome painted plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    If they aren't then your dealer replaced them with aftermarket wheels.

pcolacadisrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

20" 7-spoke premium painted cast aluminum (aluminum not plastic) wheels !
    Attached Images

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

DUH!! Then your wheels ARE NOT CHROME. They are painted aluminumn. No chrome on them anywhere. The only CHROME factory wheels are the Chrome Tec ones.

Ponyman, it appears he did post a pic of the Chrome Tech ones... from what i can see...
    pcolacadisrx why are you mentioning painted aluminum if you posted a pic of the chrome tech?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.