cad srx info new
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, cad srx info new in Cadillac SRX Forums; hi, new to forum, I am looking at buying a new srx, and am thinking the smaller engine, but in ...
    rmeiresonne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

cad srx info new

hi, new to forum, I am looking at buying a new srx, and am thinking the smaller engine, but in awd. I have no need for some of the fancier options, like the backup camera, or satellite radio. Just looking for basic info on the car, is it reliable? does it have many flaws? I am not looking for the typical response from a new owner that it is great, but more of a critical overview.
    Main questions are, what is an average price for one,, without every option offered, is the awd all they say it is, does it brake well, and gas mileage. And coming from a pickup truck, I am a bit concerned the ride will be good in such a short wheelbase vehicle. If somone can offer their findings, I would appreciate it. My wife has a highlander that is great in bad weather and proved very reliable, it is a 2004 with 90K on it and never really caused us a problem. I have had volvos in the past that cost a fortune to maintain so I want to stay away from that aspect as well. thanks for any info anyone can offer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Re: cad srx info new

Hi remier. Just so we are clear, you said that you wanted the "Smaller Engine". There are only two engine sizes on this vehicle; a 3.0 liter V6 and a 2.8 liter V6 turbo. If you want the smaller engine, that is technically the turbo version, which is more expensive. I think you want the basic 3.0 liter V6 in AWD.

I have that setup, and have been very satisfied. I came from a BMW with X-Drive, their intuitive AWD system and have to say that the Cadillac is right on par. I have not felt the rear end kick out in this car yet even with cornering in the snow. The ABS is also good and performs well in slick conditions. Brakes in dry conditions are satisfactory. I never feel that I won't make a tight stop, but they are certainly not on par with the oversized disk brakes I am used to on the BMW. Plus, there is quite a bit of nose dive on this car with heavy breaking. The body roll and nose dive is representative of the softer suspension than I was used to which comes in helpful on less than smooth roadway surfaces. Overall, I find the ride very satisfying, however no amount of softness on the suspension is going to make up for the "hop" the car does on bumps due to the short wheel base. Cruising, this car shines. I find it quite, responsive, and very smooth at 65+ miles per hour. With the 6 speed automatic, even going 80 the vehicle seems like it was made for the highway.

As far as reliability goes, there are already a few issues presenting themselves. Personally, our issues have been minor; like a storage compartment not opening and having to be repalced. With any first generation car though, you can expect quite a few issues that need to be resolved. I don't find this an issue though because of the standard manufacturers warranty. Plus, scheduled maintanence on this vehicle is very affordable. I paid only $59 for our first fully synthetic oil change, which is substantially less than what my BMW dealership wanted to charge us.

The vehicle starts stripped down base model with the 3.0 liter V6 at $33,300. The AWD is going to cost you additional. At this time, with the amount the dealers are moving these vehicles, many people have found that dealers are unwilling to negotiate much.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.