Heated seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Heated seats in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi, I am having an issue with the heated seats turning on when I remote start. I set the configuration ...
    TheAList is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Heated seats

Hi,

I am having an issue with the heated seats turning on when I remote start. I set the configuration for the heated seats to automatically turn on when the car is remotely started but it never seems to work. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Heated seats

Heated seats never come on for me when I hit
    remote start so I have the same problem.

I think this may be a MENU setup in the DIC
    but I could have sworn that I selected the seats
    to warm up upon remote starting.

Interested to hear feedback on this as well.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

I posted an answer to this in a previous thread.

When this forum was first started, it was easy to find previous threads. Now that we're up to 11 pages of threads, it takes a while to dig through the old ones. Try using the search feature. It's pretty handy.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ote-start.html

Sube

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Yes it supposed to come on if it is 50 degrees or lower and the indicator lights are not supposed to light on remote start, however mine has never worked on heat or vent.
    Join the club I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by larryk View Post
    Yes it supposed to come on if it is 50 degrees or lower and the indicator lights are not supposed to light on remote start, however mine has never worked on heat or vent.
    Join the club I guess...
    I'm assuming you did turn the features on in the Config Menu. You have to put a check next to each feature. It's under "Climate and Air Quality". If you already did this, did you test the heated seats by feeling with your hand, or actually sitting on them?

Sube

lewlew is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX AWD PREMIUM

Mine work they just don't get very hot. untill i get in and turn them on hi.

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    I'm assuming you ...
    Oh Ya, been there done that!
    My butt can tell when it's on or off, and on my SRX the heated / ventilated seats do not come on when using remote start. The two tests were:
    1. On a mid 90 degree day, the car was parked in a parking lot for about 45 minutes (I would guess that the ambient temp had to over 100 inside the car) used the remote start to test, and the ventilated seats did not function until you manually turned them on.
    2. On a cold rainy evening, temp in the 40's, went out to dinner, the car was parked about an hour, used remote start to test the heated seats, drove home, and nada, no heated seats until you turn them on manually.
    My dealer just scratches his head...

Quote Originally Posted by larryk View Post
    Oh Ya, been there done that!
    My butt can tell when it's on or off, and on my SRX the heated / ventilated seats do not come on when using remote start. My dealer just scratches his head...
    Have they contacted Cadillac? If not, you should. They need feedback from owners in order to develop a software update. What is your dealer suggesting you do? I hope they're doing more than just scratching their heads.

I just checked mine again and noticed that the rear seat warmers come on as well. Never noticed that before. And guess what, the LCD display on the rear console shows that they're on. Weird! Why would they do this for the rear heated seats and not the front ones? I think that was a design omission.

Sube

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    And guess what, the LCD display on the rear console shows that they'on
    I'll have to look at mine

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.