Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Consistently misbehaving touch screen (first 10 min after cold start) in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi all, The touch screen on my Luxury trim SRX (with Nav option) consistently misbehaves for the first 10 or ...
- 02-03-10 06:57 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2010 SRX
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
Consistently misbehaving touch screen (first 10 min after cold start)
The touch screen on my Luxury trim SRX (with Nav option) consistently misbehaves for the first 10 or so minutes typically on a cold start, basically locking me out from touch screen functions until it has worked itself out over time.
Here is what happens:
- Start vehicle 'cold', go into Reverse, screen comes up fine, camera works fine. Shift to Drive, screen goes down fine.
- I pop screen up manually to go into radio channels or Navigation and basically find that the touch functions on the screen are unusable
- It appears as if the bottom left hand side of the screen is getting automatically pushed. I draw this conclusion from the fact that my preset station #1 on the bottom left side gets auto selected and the system keeps telling me 'Favorite Saved' every few seconds. This would only happen if one kept the screen area for the favorite depressed for a few seconds.
- After about 5 min or so, it start calming down and finally in about 10 min, things are back to normal.
- During these 10 min the screen goes down fine and when retracted, no issues whatsoever. However, put the screen back up within the first 10 min or so and once again the problems begin
- Nothing works to 'reset' the screen, tried stopping the engine and electricals and restarting
- Strangely, these symptoms do not occur on a warm start
Any ideas or similar symptoms observed?
- 02-03-10 07:44 PM #2
Re: Consistently misbehaving touch screen (first 10 min after cold start)
There was someone else on this forum with "mysteriously changing radio stations". Turned out part of the opening the pop up screen comes out of was making contact with the screen itself. This was easily fixed and the problem never reappeared. Sounds like you might have the exact same problem. Have your dealer take a look at it and specifically check for the problem I mentioned.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts