Consistently misbehaving touch screen (first 10 min after cold start)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Consistently misbehaving touch screen (first 10 min after cold start) in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi all, The touch screen on my Luxury trim SRX (with Nav option) consistently misbehaves for the first 10 or ...
    rreuben is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Consistently misbehaving touch screen (first 10 min after cold start)

Hi all,

The touch screen on my Luxury trim SRX (with Nav option) consistently misbehaves for the first 10 or so minutes typically on a cold start, basically locking me out from touch screen functions until it has worked itself out over time.

Here is what happens:

- Start vehicle 'cold', go into Reverse, screen comes up fine, camera works fine. Shift to Drive, screen goes down fine.
    - I pop screen up manually to go into radio channels or Navigation and basically find that the touch functions on the screen are unusable
    - It appears as if the bottom left hand side of the screen is getting automatically pushed. I draw this conclusion from the fact that my preset station #1 on the bottom left side gets auto selected and the system keeps telling me 'Favorite Saved' every few seconds. This would only happen if one kept the screen area for the favorite depressed for a few seconds.
    - After about 5 min or so, it start calming down and finally in about 10 min, things are back to normal.
    - During these 10 min the screen goes down fine and when retracted, no issues whatsoever. However, put the screen back up within the first 10 min or so and once again the problems begin
    - Nothing works to 'reset' the screen, tried stopping the engine and electricals and restarting
    - Strangely, these symptoms do not occur on a warm start

Any ideas or similar symptoms observed?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: Consistently misbehaving touch screen (first 10 min after cold start)

There was someone else on this forum with "mysteriously changing radio stations". Turned out part of the opening the pop up screen comes out of was making contact with the screen itself. This was easily fixed and the problem never reappeared. Sounds like you might have the exact same problem. Have your dealer take a look at it and specifically check for the problem I mentioned.

Sube

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.