Nav System Radio Preset Confusion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Nav System Radio Preset Confusion in Cadillac SRX Forums; My SRX, which has the NAV system appears to be in conflict with the instruction manual. The manual states there ...
    Willo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Arrow Nav System Radio Preset Confusion

My SRX, which has the NAV system appears to be in conflict with the instruction manual. The manual states there are 6 slots for radio preset buttons, consisting of 6 different spaces for either AM, FM, or XM. The total, as stated in the manual is 36.

All my display shows is 4 slots, giving a total of 24 selections. Our other GM car (non-nav equipped) has the 6-6, as do most other makes.

Does anybody else's NAV-equipped SRX exhibit this characteristic?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Re: Nav System Radio Preset Confusion

Try this: Go into FAV on the console face. Scroll down and you'll see FAV 4 is checked. Uncheck that and scroll down to FAV 6 and check that. Now you have 6 FAV channels and can select 36 favorite stations. I think the 4 FAVs is the factory default setting.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Smiley has you looked after. I believe it mentions that in the manual too, you can have between one row and six rows of favs visible if you want. (I can't quote because i'm not on the pc i downloaded the manual to.)

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

That's it. You have to go into menu
    options and increase the # of favorites screens.

Willo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Your suggestions worked! Even the mechanics at the local dealer were stumped on this one. Thanks for the solution.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Willo View Post
    Your suggestions worked! Even the mechanics at the local dealer were stumped on this one. Thanks for the solution.
    This really amazes me! Why is it that the dealers don't seem to have anyone who is computer literate? That's not even computer literate. All they need to know is how to go through the car's menu. It almost seems like some of these mechanics are still living in the 60's. I know Cadillac is slow to train them, but if I was a mechanic I would review all of the owner's manuals of the cars I'm responsible for maintaining.

Just my two cents.

Sube

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Gee, something else to get your panties in a bundle. Typically it is the salesman who should know the features of the car he's selling...not the mechanic. Also, the owner's manual is issued for a reason. RTFM!

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    Gee, something else to get your panties in a bundle. Typically it is the salesman who should know the features of the car he's selling...not the mechanic. Also, the owner's manual is issued for a reason. RTFM!
    My salesman was just an uninformed. Unfortunately, some people NEVER even pick up the owner's manual. IMO if you have a problem a forum is somewhere to go "after" you can't find a solution in the manual. For some it's the first place they go.

Sube

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

The dealership where I bought my last Lexus had a young guy whose primary job was to provide technical support for customers, for both new and used vehicles. He may have had other duties but this was primary. When you took delivery he spent time with you going over all the high tech features. He would set up your Bluetooth and go over the basics before you left the dealership. This was in addition to (and usually after) the salesman gave you the "delivery" demonstration. This tech guy also gave you his card with a direct line to him for any future tech questions.

Pretty nice service feature that Cadillac dealerships should consider.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    The dealership where I bought my last Lexus had a young guy whose primary job was to provide technical support for customers, for both new and used vehicles.
    That's a great idea, especially if some salesman aren't going to take the time to learn the vehicle.

Sube

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Very much indeed. I would be game for that job! (provided they pay significantly close to mining... )

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    The dealership where I bought my last Lexus had a young guy whose primary job was to provide technical support for customers, for both new and used vehicles. He may have had other duties but this was primary. When you took delivery he spent time with you going over all the high tech features. He would set up your Bluetooth and go over the basics before you left the dealership. This was in addition to (and usually after) the salesman gave you the "delivery" demonstration. This tech guy also gave you his card with a direct line to him for any future tech questions.

Pretty nice service feature that Cadillac dealerships should consider.
    My salesman does that. (At least, he tries. I'm always anxious to get going and brush him off. ) I figure I can read the manual and call him if i have a problem, since he has sold me my last 3 vehicles.

xrs01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    ... Also, the owner's manual is issued for a reason. RTFM!
    Could not have been stated better...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

My last salesman gets grilled on the survey if he doesn't show me EVERYTHING my new V could do. I got into San Antonio early and was itching to get on the road to get back home. But he kept me to show me everything and to set up my Bluetooth. I'm glad he did, though...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.