Gas Pedel - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Gas Pedel in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by xrs01 Page 8-24 in the manual discusses "Shift Lock". I must have missed the part where it ...
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: Stuck Gas Pedal

Quote Originally Posted by xrs01 View Post
    Page 8-24 in the manual discusses "Shift Lock". I must have missed the part where it says you must apply the brakes to shift from Drive to Neutral.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's a question:

With the engine running and the transmission in Drive (and you are moving and let's say you also have your foot on the accelerator), can you shift to Neutral without applying the brakes?

I have been able to do exactly this with every other car I've owned. If it's different on the SRX, what page in the manual covers this?
    This is all covered on pages 8-24 and 8-25. I saw the steps mentioned in my previous post in a news special. But according to the manual, you don't need to apply the brakes first to shift from "D" to "N". The shift lock only applies to shifting from "P" to "D" or "R". So you should be able to shift from "D" to "N" without first applying the brakes.

Sube

Re: Gas Pedel

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    I'd have to check and see, but GM deleted steering column locks on automatic transmission cars quite some time ago.
    Does the omission of a steering column lock make the SRX more susceptible to theft? If a thief can get the car started, there are no other safeguards to prevent them from driving off. I know it's unlikely they'll be able to start the car without the remote. I'm just speaking hypothetically.

Sube

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Someone decided a few years back that having a column lock on top of all the other locks and safeties was redundant.
    With a park lock solenoid and others it was just overkill.

What really did it in was the electronic column locks (ECL) on the Vettes.
    We had so many problems with them that GM breathed a sigh of relief when they didn't have to install them on the Vettes anymore except the ones with standard transmissions. Technically it could make them easier to steal, but in all honesty if they want it some cheesy column lock will barely slow them down.
    Frankly, it makes them easier to work on if something breaks on them, at least I can steer it into my bay without having to disassemble the column.

The PEPS system would be virtually impossible to bypass based on my knowledge of the system's operation.
    Despite what movies show you can't just rip wires out of the dash and short them together to get a car going, it was more complicated then, and it is even more complicated now... to the nth degree....

The PEPS system would be virtually impossible to bypass based on my knowledge of the system's operation.
    PEPS? I think I know what that is, but exactly what does the acronym stand for?

Sube

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I referred to it above, sorry.

Passive Entry Passive Start

I'm not fond of a new acronym I have to learn but that is what GM calls it.

I referred to it above, sorry.

Passive Entry Passive Start

I'm not fond of a new acronym I have to learn but that is what GM calls it.
    Oh, OK. Thanks!

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    What key are you talking about? My SRX has a push button start.

Sube
    The key! TEH KEYZ!!!

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.