SRX vs. RX 350 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX vs. RX 350 in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Bee iLL [B]Not trying to offend anyone, but if you buy a Cadillac, last thing you should ...
    RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: SRX vs. RX 350

Quote Originally Posted by Bee iLL View Post
    [B]Not trying to offend anyone, but if you buy a Cadillac, last thing you should be worried about is MPG. If having to spend more on gas is going to break your bank, you should probably be buying a Buick or Chevy.
    Most who ACTUALLY OWN a new SRX are not complaining about MPG. The point was that the government and tree huggers are moving toward more stringent MPG requirements. (And, I DO own a Chevy...it gets about 13.5 MPG.)

Reading comprehension, FTW!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Indeed.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Know what?

Initially, I thought I was spending a lot more
    on my SRX per week than my CTS.

However, as I get settled in, I'm really only
    paying, at most, about $2-$3 more per week
    with this vehicle.

Edit: Let me note that prior to the CTS I leased
    an Acura RL.

By far, the CTS was a "gas hog" compared to the
    Acura. So, to say the SRX is nearly the same isn't
    saying much. Perhaps the reason why the CTS
    drank noticeably more gas was because it used
    regular over premium. People say premium burns
    slower.

Barry626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    While I believe Cadillac is looking for a more youthful image, I'm pretty sure your demographic is the intended target for this vehicle: People who've had their fun (on the road) and are simply looking for a comfortable, reliable automobile (Toyota Camry) to get them from A to B.
    I believe what Cadillac is looking for is people with $ and that's not the youth!
    Oh I forgot that the most youth get $ from us old people so Cadillac really wins either way

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2 years ago when my Acura lease was
    up I wasn't looking to get into the Cadillac
    brand. To me, and I imagine many folks,
    the Cadillac image was that old people
    drove their cars.

I think the CTS changed that in 2008.
    Definately a more stylish vehicle that
    looked very youthful on the inside.

When it was named "Car of the year"
    it certainly piqued my interest.

In fact, the first test drive was a
    DTS. Beautiful ride (better than the
    CTS) but the interior felt "old." I
    certainly didn't feel as if I was riding
    in style. When I stepped into the
    CTS, it was love at first sight. This
    was a luxury vehicle that didn't look
    like I had to be in my later years to
    drive.

The RSX is just as stylish as the CTS.
    It retains all the nice curves on the
    outside and all the cool looks on the
    inside.

I think Cadillac has managed to change
    their image towards a more youthful buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by lslpawpaw View Post
    If all that Cadillac offered were the 2.8T in the SRX, I believe the argument and debate about engine power and driveability would never have surfaced, or would have been a very minor topic of discussion.
    The youth today all they think about is HP "speed" so 300 HP means zip with the SRX.
    For sure discussion of power would still be going on regarding SRX or any other car!
    I would never pay over $3000 more for only 35 hp more between the 3.0 & 2.8T, NO WAY!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
    I believe what Cadillac is looking for is people with $ and that's not the youth!
    Oh I forgot that the most youth get $ from us old people so Cadillac really wins either way
    Actually, I think Cadillac is looking for younger people with money - regardless of where it came from. Escalade? CTS? These are the vehicles that have brought Cadillac back onto the table as an option for car buyers. It's not new news that Cadillac is trying to change it's image and attract younger buyers...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Cadillac is looking for ANY buyer. Why would younger/older even be a part of the equation? Simply because they want to "attract younger buyers" does not preclude the fact that they want to "attract older buyers" as well. This discussion is ridiculous.

To the OP--sorry to take your thread so off base. Please test drive similarly-equipped SRX and RX, then decide which (if either) is the one for you. Good luck!!

lslpawpaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8T AWD

"I would never pay over $3000 more for only 35 hp more between the 3.0 & 2.8T, NO WAY!"

Barry --- It's absolutely NOT about the 35hp. It's about the 2.8T engine's ~ 32% increase in torque (over the 3.0) that cuts in at 1800rpm. Therefore, your butt will feel a LOT more giddyup under 'normal' (idle to 3000 rpm) driving conditions.

For an analogy, consider a diesel engine in a chevy 3/4 ton pickup truck towing a heavy camping trailer. It will accelerate and hold highway speed MUCH more effectively than a 400hp gasoline engine version because the diesel engine has substantially more torque at the range of RPMs normally used.

Most folks will operate their SRX engines at peak HP (5000+ RPM) VERY infrequently. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by lslpawpaw View Post
    "I would never pay over $3000 more for only 35 hp more between the 3.0 & 2.8T, NO WAY!"

Barry --- It's absolutely NOT about the 35hp. It's about the 2.8T engine's ~ 32% increase in torque (over the 3.0) that cuts in at 1800rpm. Therefore, your butt will feel a LOT more giddyup under 'normal' (idle to 3000 rpm) driving conditions.
    I agree about the torque but weight sure does makes a hugh difference.
    I recently test drove a 2010 Ford SVT Rapture "Real nice truck".
    SVT HP is 310 & torque is 365 the 223 torque in SRX felt about the same?
    I did not feel it moved as good as the SRX guess because it's 6000 - 7000 lbs.

Of course Cadillac wants to attract ALL buyers.. There must be 100 million discussions on the internet as to WHY an automobile manufacturer wants the average age of their customer to be lower than, say, Buick. You're right. This discussion IS ridiculous. I think you might have the wrong idea of what I'm stating as "young". I don't mean kids or necessarily people in their early 30s.

http://www.manufacturing.net/News-GM...spx?menuid=264

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    Cadillac is looking for ANY buyer. Why would younger/older even be a part of the equation? Simply because they want to "attract younger buyers" does not preclude the fact that they want to "attract older buyers" as well. This discussion is ridiculous.

To the OP--sorry to take your thread so off base. Please test drive similarly-equipped SRX and RX, then decide which (if either) is the one for you. Good luck!!
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

My opinion is if you want a Crossover that looks more classy, go with the SRX. They're both very similar vehicles otherwise. It really all depends on what you find more attractive. I think the Lexus has a little more power but it's probably not very noticeable. Also, there are so many RXs on the road - you'll have something more unique if you go for the Cadillac. The SRX has changed a lot since the first model - so there aren't many on the road. The RX looks similar for the past 10 years or so - so you really blend in driving one...

If you want to know more about the SRX, just ask around here. My wife wanted a new Crossover before the new SRX came out - and I bought her a 2010 RX350. If you have any questions about it, let me know. There are some pluses and minuses.. Had the SRX been around before we made our purchase, we would have definitely looked into it. She did not like the old body style at all.

Quote Originally Posted by liamdye View Post
    The two big talked about crossovers on the market these days are the Lexus RX 350 and the Cadillac SRX. I was wondering what you guys think is the better car for these conditions:

- From a BMW 323i
    - 4 kids
    - Middle aged male Driver
    - Snow Driving, Rain, City and Dirt Road Conditions
    - iPod/Bluetooth integration

For the SRX it would just be the 3.0 V6 AWD. Lexus would be the AWD as well.

Thanks for any help.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Actually, I think Cadillac is looking for younger people with money - regardless of where it came from. Escalade? CTS? These are the vehicles that have brought Cadillac back onto the table as an option for car buyers. It's not new news that Cadillac is trying to change it's image and attract younger buyers...
    They got me! Take a look at my info thingy... --------------------------------> ^

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    They got me! Take a look at my info thingy... --------------------------------> ^
    Cool! What did you replace?

The Wrench is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 SRX V6

Well, this is an SRX forum; so here's a novel suggestion:
    You and the 4 kids could look at a left-over '09 SRX with the 3rd-row seat.
    I won't argue that they are better or worse than the '10 models, they are just larger, and have that little 3rd row seat that can easily accommdate a couple of the kids when need, and electrically disappear when not needed.
    And, I bet you can save $10 grand or more on one.

DG

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.