Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Splash Guards

29K views 88 replies 36 participants last post by  DPV915 
#1 ·
I installed GM accessory part number 19170629 today. I was pleasantly surprised that they matched the finish,
texture, and contour of the vehicle really well. They went on without a hitch.
The rear used 3 existing fasteners, and the front used 3 existing fasteners plus two additional ones
that were provided. Two sided taped snugged to guards to the panels. All in all, well worth the money to me.
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Ca...s - Front and Rear/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks
On the front you have to drill two (per side) 3/32" holes. Through the wheel house liner only.
The rears require no drilling. Just remove the existing screws.

Your dealer probally won't stock them, but could have them the next day. Save a few bucks in shipping.

#14 ·
I called my dealer and they wanted $199 to order and install them. OUTRAGEOUS!!!

I ordered them online and with shipping the whole thing was $80. Now I just need to install them when they arrive. I hope that my dealer doesn't try to gouge me all the way through the life of this car.

#15 ·
Steve,
Considering they were $170.00 option if you ordered them with the vehicle, $29.00 additional
dollars really isn't gouging you. Put them on yourself, it wasn't that hard. or go to your local
service station. Maybe they will put them on for less. After all you saved a whopping $9.00
by ordering them online, and who knows when you will get them. I picked mine the next day.
I don't know what Cadillac service labor rate per hour is, but it will take at least an hour to
put these on. I would mention the $170.00, and see if they would do it for that.
That would be about as good as it could get from a dealership.

#16 ·
Didn't need to drill either front or back. While the instructions called for it, to me it's overkill, the 3 existing holes on each side is plenty; not like you're going to hang from it.

Besides, it's never a good thing to introduce another hole anywhere down by the street.

#18 ·
There is usually a reason why a manufacturer would require you to drill a hole and add additional fasteners. I'm sure Cadillac isn't out to just add holes to the car needlessly... You might want to reconsider adding the additional hole/fastener, before you possibly lose a guard... It's possible it also helps prevent warping... Last thing you want is a gab to develop between the guard and the car... Just my 2 cents...

#17 ·
Maybe, maybe not. I live in Michigan, and have had alot of snow/ice hanging from them.
The tendency is to "kick" it off, by me or the car wash. I prefer every fastener I can get.

The drilled holes are in plastic not metal. Non issue to me.

Reactions: Bejay
#19 ·
I installed the set of four this morning. They fit very well and as GMJim said, the drilled holes are in plastic not metal. In fact, I used a punch instead of a drill to make the pilot hole and the 3rd screws went in the front guards with no problems.

One thing to note on the installation of the rear splash guards... The existing screw C (the one underneath) on my vehicle was a Torx T10, not a Phillips as shown.

Randy

#20 ·
One thing to note on the installation of the rear splash guards... The existing screw C (the one underneath) on my vehicle was a Torx T10, not a Phillips as shown.

Randy
Oops, I forgot to mention that. I remember thinking, I was going look up who ever released that od ball fastener, and talk some sense into them. Thanks for pointing that out Randy.

#21 ·
This winter has been particularly messy and keeping my SRX clean has been tough. :annoyed: For aesthetic reasons, I am thinking about getting only the front set. The front set probably cuts down on most of the splash along the doors. I don't think the rear set will have as much of an impact on keeping it clean. Also, (just my opinion) the front guards blend in better than the rear. Although I'm wondering if it will look odd with only the front. :bonkers:

Anyone done just the front? Pictures? Opinions?

#22 ·
Opinions on just doing the front: *thumbs down*
Go all, or go home! You won't mind them, really! I had mudflaps on my Cobalt SS SC, because if you don't your paint gets eaten away by small rocks and debris.

#26 ·
Putting mine on this weekend. I'm doing the whole set but before i put on the rears, i'll try to remember to take a pic of the car with just the fronts on and post it. Though I think the rears should also cut down on the splash up against the rear end and rear window of the car, if you are concerned about keeping it clean...

#28 ·
GMJim . . . we're seriously thinking about getting the splash guards but my wife is concerned that they'll take away from the look of the SRX. (It's her car and she has the final say!) Since you have a white SRX like we do, could I inconvenience you to post a few more pictures? Something from a little further away or at least one showing the side profile? I think that would help my wife get a better idea of what they'll look like. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.