Splash Guards - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Splash Guards in Cadillac SRX Forums; Installed mine this afternoon after work. Love the way they blend in with the SRX, Especially the fronts that have ...
    Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: Splash Guards

Installed mine this afternoon after work. Love the way they blend in with the SRX, Especially the fronts that have the littlebump out that fits the indentation in the body lines. The rears were a PITA. Just so close to the rear tires that it hard to get the screws out. The fronts were a snap. Still loving the new car.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

I was impressed with the fit as well, Including the little dart that fit into the feature line.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

I just checked GM Parts Direct and these are now on Sale for a tidy price of $59.18!!!

I'm assuming this is for the 4pc set?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    I installed GM accessory part number 19170629 today. I was pleasantly surprised that they matched the finish,
    texture, and contour of the vehicle really well. They went on without a hitch.
    The rear used 3 existing fasteners, and the front used 3 existing fasteners plus two additional ones
    that were provided. Two sided taped snugged to guards to the panels. All in all, well worth the money to me.
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Cad...1%5Btype%5D=gm

That is probably about right. I paid $78 at my dealership, but no shipping. With shipping, yours will probably run you around $70. I just hope they don't play bait and switch with you. I ordered a set of side assist steps ( running boards) for my 09 HHR from them. They came back and said sorry, they made a mistake , and the price was over a hundred dollars higher. I didn't take them, and they claimed they corrected the price. About a month later a lady on the HHR forum, ordered a set and they did the exact same thing to her. I don't consider them reputable for this reason and refuse to deal with them.

nick1bum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT, 2004 SRX, 2003 DeVille

I can't stand having tar or road mud splashed on the sides of my cars, I have splash guards put on everything. I've never had to pay for them, when I reach a deal that I'm satisfied with, I simply tell the salesman, put on the splash guards and wax it, and you have a deal. Works every time. They even put them on my 07 EXT. This year however I did have to install them myself as they were not in stock so they mailed them to me free. I used an offset screwdriver to remove the screws and fortunately had a very small driver that fit the odd ball screws which I replaced with philips.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

A recent excursion down a logging road after a rain.
    Thanks goodness for mudflaps!

And Normandy's all squeaky clean already!

SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

I'm about to install my flaps -- front and rear. The instructions call for some drilling for installing the front flaps. I think I can drill one hole by turning the front wheels, but the holes underneath the car will mean I'll have to get the car in the air a bit to get the drill motor in place. Questions...

1. Am I correct...do I have to get the car up in the air a bit to drill the lower hole? (I only have a standard drill motor...not a slim or right angle version)

2. If I have to lift the car, where's a good jack point near the front of the car?

Thanks, everyone!

I was able to cut a drill bit in half, and insert it all the way into my cordless drill. That gave me just enough room to drill the hole without jacking the car up.

Caddybill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury w/nav

Cool Re: Splash Guards

Quote Originally Posted by nick1bum View Post
    I can't stand having tar or road mud splashed on the sides of my cars, I have splash guards put on everything. I've never had to pay for them, when I reach a deal that I'm satisfied with, I simply tell the salesman, put on the splash guards and wax it, and you have a deal. Works every time. They even put them on my 07 EXT. This year however I did have to install them myself as they were not in stock so they mailed them to me free. I used an offset screwdriver to remove the screws and fortunately had a very small driver that fit the odd ball screws which I replaced with philips.
    I always do the same thing. I got the splash guards and front factory rubber mats to clinch the deal. Good dealers will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    I was able to cut a drill bit in half, and insert it all the way into my cordless drill. That gave me just enough room to drill the hole without jacking the car up.
    GREAT idea! I have some old drill bits that I'd be happy to sacrifice for "the cause!"

I installed my splash guards today. Pretty simple and basic, but I thought I'd add some tips and tricks for the next guy who's going to tackle this project.

1. To drill the pilot holes up front, I used a very old, and therefore small, drill motor with the 3/32" bit inserted as far in as it would go. That gave me just enough clearance to get the drill under the car. You're just drilling into plastic, and if your drill motor is too large, a thin nail bent at a 90 degree angle, heated and pushed through the plastic, will do the trick for making a pilot hole. (Of course, use appropriate precautions when heating and handling the nail.) Also, if you want a little more room for your drill motor, drive the car up on to a 2" x 6" piece of lumber. That little bit of extra clearance might prove useful.

2. A stubby Phillips-head screw driver comes in handy. I found that even with my front wheels turned as far as they would go, a regular length screwdriver was difficult to maneuver. The stubby screwdriver made it a breeze.

3. The screws for the back guards are pretty close to the tire. Removing the wheels would have made it easier, but I decided to use an offset ratcheting screwdriver (pictured below) to get in behind the rear tires without having to remove them. It worked VERY well.

4. For some reason known only to GM, the screws that have to be removed from underneath the car, behind the rear wheels, are Torx T-15 screws. All of the rest of the screws used for the splash guard installation (including the ones you add after drilling in the front) are Phillips-head. If, like me, you can't find your Torx drivers, a 5/64" Allen-key wrench works just fine. (Of course, after I finished the project, I found my Torx drivers. ) You might consider going to your local auto parts store to see if they have some comparable Phillips-head screws and replace the Torx screws.

All-in-all a very worthwhile and simple project. The end result looks great!

I hope these tips/tricks are helpful!
    Attached Images

MnMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    I should have took about an hour, But I was at a friends house, and between the BSing, and lollygagging it took a couple hours.
    Front

Rear
    Is this the correct part numbers for a 2012 SRX?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The body hasn't changed any, so i imagine the part numbers should work for all 2010+'s.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

After seeing them installed I am glad they were part of our purchase/package. They will be installed hopefully this next week by the dealer as soon as the parts department receives them. I'll post pictures before and after.
    Bill

MnMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Purchased a set of splash guards from my GM dealer and installed them today. If I can do it anyone can. It might have taken 30 minutes with the use of a "GearWrench" and a stubby philips. Also, when doing the front just turn the front wheels tight right and then tight left. The screws that came with the kit were self tapping so no drilling was needed. They look great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.