GM/Cadillac SRX Warranty Repair Issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, GM/Cadillac SRX Warranty Repair Issue in Cadillac SRX Forums; I don't understand why a Cadillac dealership can't repair, attempt to repair or even diagnose a front end thumping noise ...
    dsy@cox.net is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance AWD

Unhappy GM/Cadillac SRX Warranty Repair Issue

I don't understand why a Cadillac dealership can't repair, attempt to repair or even diagnose a front end thumping noise coming from my passenger side front end every time I go over a bump, a rut or a dip in the road!!! The dealership has been instructed by GM/Cadillac not to do anything until they authorize it by finding a solution. They do not want the service dept tech's to experiment with possible solutions because they will not pay the dealership and the dealership does not want to absorb the cost either....STALE MATE!!
    I can't fault the dealership for not wanting to eat the cost of the repair. My calls to GM/Cadillac have been answered by "We are working on a solution" for over a month now! GM/Cadillac should make this RIGHT!! As of yesterday I have parked the SRX until it is fixed. Don't get me wrong, I love my SRX, the looks of it and all the features. I believe my issue is unique only to my SRX becaue I have not heard any complaints about the thumping noise from others on this forum or recalls being reported. I'm just frustrated and at my wits end!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Re: GM/Cadillac SRX Warranty Repair Issue

I think that you have to give Cadillac the oppurtunity to fix the issue. I can understand that Cadillac doesn't want to pay two sets of people to work on the same thing against each other. I would actually feel more comfortable that corporate is working on the issue rather than the mechanics.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to degrade the severity of your claim or put forward that I don't understand why you are frustrated. I would be too. Just trying to throw it out there that if they have told you they were working on it, ensure they are by asking for details and names of people involved and then let them find an answer.

I understand they need time to find a solution but they can make my SRX the proverbial "Guinea Pig" if they want so they have the solution if it arises again. Regardless if I'm the only one with this issue, it still needs to be fixed. A month ago I would have agreed to give them time but it seems like they are waiting for more of these issues to be reported. I've heard tech's say it could be the fron sway arm bushing, something loose in the strut tower, or another front end part??? I'd like to see them eliminate a couple of these theories and see if one of them may be the solution??

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by dsy@cox.net View Post
    I've heard tech's say it could be the front sway arm bushing, something loose in the strut tower, or another front end part??? I'd like to see them eliminate a couple of these theories and see if one of them may be the solution??
    I really do feel for you. There's nothing more frustrating than undiagnosed defects. Personally, I think Cadillac should start systematically replacing parts associated with the front end. I understand they want to minimize costs, but they're doing it at your expense. Now you have a brand new car that you don't even want to drive.

Whatever you do, keep the pressure on. Good luck!

Sube

Thanks Sube

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

I agree, I don't think this is reasonable. What if this is a safety issue? Let's say perhaps the lower control arm is not fully bolted and is loose and could lead to complete steering failure. Do you think the Manufacturer is going to debug this issue by sending a technician to his dealership to examine the car?

The Dealer should first examine the car and determine if there are any major structural problems and then contact the home office.

I remember this very thing happening on my 2004, there were bolt issues with the lower control arm. My front end was not making a noise, but I did recieve a recall on the problem. Yikes!!!

lewlew is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX AWD PREMIUM

i hope they have given you a car to drive.

They won't even take the vehicle without authorization from GM/Cadillac. Eventually if they take the vehicle for warranty work they might give me a rental for free?

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Yes. As a new Cadillac owner you should receive a free loaner vehicle when the warranty work is done. Sorry you are having this problem.

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

I would ask Cadillac if other cars are having this same problem. If they say no, then I would seriously wonder how they are "working" on a fix, without having a problematic vehicle to work with. I would also ask for more details on what they have tried or are going to try and what they are thinking the problem is. I mean, after a month they should have some idea. Really sucks you are having this problem with a new cadillac. Sounds to me like Cadillac is seriously dropping the ball. I know some people are saying you need to give them time, but seriously, how much time could it possibly take? After a month, they should have been able to replace the WHOLE front end of the car, so to me it sounds like they are just jacking you around. Have you tried a different dealership? Maybe they will be more willing to look at it and try to resolve the problem without calling corporate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee iLL View Post
    I would ask Cadillac if other cars are having this same problem. If they say no, then I would seriously wonder how they are "working" on a fix, without having a problematic vehicle to work with.
    Excellent point!

Have an appointment at a different dealership next Wednesday and am not telling them anything about already contacting Cadillac. It is across state (1 1/2 hr drive) and have to take a vacation day but is well worth it if they fix it! Although as soon as they pop in the VIN # they probably will see I have a TAC Case # as well a Service Req Ref # also. Hopefully they can diagnose it and repair it but it does not surprise me that GM/Cadillac will not authorize a repair.

Mirichar79 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX4

hi, i am from mexico and i have had this problem since the first day i bought the car (dec 2009). actually i live nearby (2 hrs) from the factory where they manufacture this unit. the car has been with the dealer four times and they keep saying that suspension sound is normal (?????). when the dealer's mechanic drove the car and passed a bump, a huge noise came oout of the right strut. he agreed this could not be normal. so far, i haven't even seen another srx in town, so i maybe the only person with this claim. I found this forum because i was not satisfied with the dealers answer, in fact i went to another cadillac dealer in Mexico city and tested another srx and the same noise was on the right bumper. has there been any advance on this issue? please update this forum as soon as you receive any notice of recall or an answer from cadillac usa. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirichar79 View Post
    hi, i am from mexico and i have had this problem since the first day i bought the car (dec 2009). actually i live nearby (2 hrs) from the factory where they manufacture this unit. the car has been with the dealer four times and they keep saying that suspension sound is normal (?????). when the dealer's mechanic drove the car and passed a bump, a huge noise came oout of the right strut. he agreed this could not be normal. so far, i haven't even seen another srx in town, so i maybe the only person with this claim. I found this forum because i was not satisfied with the dealers answer, in fact i went to another cadillac dealer in Mexico city and tested another srx and the same noise was on the right bumper. has there been any advance on this issue? please update this forum as soon as you receive any notice of recall or an answer from cadillac usa. thanks!
    Mirichar,

The problem has been identified in the thread below. Apparently, there were a bad batch of "struts".

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ve-struts.html

Sube

Unfortunately, the defective valving issue in the affected struts still has not been rectified. I call GM Cadillac every day and inquire. My question is why can't they replace my two defective struts with OEM struts that are not of this defective batch. The thumping noise is getting progressively worse. It is to the point now that I drive the SRX to and from work only. I need to get to work so I can earn the money to pay for the SRX that I don't drive LOL...Ironic!! My frustration with their solution is coming to an end quickly. I'v written letters, send e-mails and call every day which they do not return. At least return my call and say "we are still working on a solution"....not even that!! Don't get me wrong, I love the SRX because I know once this strut or front end noise issue is solved, I'll be able to drive it like a Cadillac Owner should.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.