GM/Cadillac SRX Warranty Repair Issue - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, GM/Cadillac SRX Warranty Repair Issue in Cadillac SRX Forums; It must be very frustrating to have a 2010 which is for all intents and purposes useless. Without threatening Cadillac ...
    paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Re: GM/Cadillac SRX Warranty Repair Issue

It must be very frustrating to have a 2010 which is for all intents and purposes useless. Without threatening Cadillac I would report the fact the dealer/GM can't/won't fix the problem to your State Attorney Generals Office for Consumer Affairs and ask them to open a case for consumer fraud leading to a Lemon Law Case. You might also research the web to see if there are others with this problem which could possibly lead to a class action suit at the Federal Court level. I would continue to work with Cadillac in a very cordial and friendly manner but at the same time protect the investment of a fifty thousand dollar vehicle.
    Bill

Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx

I have 2010 SRX 22000 miles and is still under warranty. The brakes have been acting strange lately, the car vibrates at high speed, and pull to the right slightly. I brought it to the dealer to check.THe service rep at the dealer told me there will be a charge to check all of those issues because of wear and tear and not warranty issues. Is that sound right?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Yes brakes are only covered for one year.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Ufgators View Post
    I have 2010 SRX 22000 miles and is still under warranty. The brakes have been acting strange lately, the car vibrates at high speed, and pull to the right slightly. I brought it to the dealer to check.THe service rep at the dealer told me there will be a charge to check all of those issues because of wear and tear and not warranty issues. Is that sound right?
    Hello Ufgators,

I apologize for a brake issue your vehicle is experiencing. Please keep us updated on your situation and reach out to us via private message if you have additional questions or concerns.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx

Greeting all,.
    So bumper to bumper warranty doesn't cover brake system? or alignment problems? oh the tech also said that since I was doing 85mph and the car hesitates is not under warranty because I went past 70mph limit is that correct?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Wear and tear items like brakes and alignment are not covered under warranty. If you have an engine problem that is covered. Speed has nothing to do with it. If you lived in Texas you would not be over the speed limit anyway.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Brakes and alignment issues can be covered under warranty... just not normal wear and tear
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.