need to access 12v from rear view mirror - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, need to access 12v from rear view mirror in Cadillac SRX Forums; Thanks for the pics! I was hoping there was room under the cover to hide the toll-tag, but it looks ...
    TexasJim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX (Sold); 2008 SRX (Sold); 2011 SRX Performance

Re: need to access 12v from rear view mirror

Thanks for the pics! I was hoping there was room under the cover to hide the toll-tag, but it looks pretty cramped in there. Picture SRX_Mirror 002.jpg was a big help!

rosco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

what a great thread!

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Mega-kudos! Good work with very detailed pix. No need for the Birth Certificate! LOL

Tks for posting, especially the pin numbers!

Now, just don't drive in VA.........ALL Radar Detectors ILLEGAL, and I hear ........confiscated on sight!

SS

rosco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

I was looking at the pictures of your mirror plug.I am thinking of adding a mirror with a back up camera.Do you have one?What model of srx do you have?

Thank-you
    Rosco

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

BTW, do this on a friday. If you are wrong about where you are wiring, and you won't know until you do it, you can very easily have a dead battery the next morning.

nine00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Im about to hook up my v1 like this through my rearview and was wondering if I need to solder the points that go into the plug, or just jam them in there.

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I swapped the mirror in my Avalanche for a rear view mirror with a back up monitor in it. It was a lot easier than the SRX mirror though. One word of experience and that is get the largest monitor size you can. anything smaller than 3.5 inches is of no use. Especially when backing up in bright sunlight from the front area. It makes the picture too hard to see. Also, do NOT buy one if it doesn't have brightness and color controls on it. The one in the SRX doesn't and we all know how poor a picture it is and there is nothing we can do about it. There are many on the market so watch whom you buy from for warranty reasons.

Greg Franklin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

My connector has only 5 (five) slots across the top row...????? Which ones to use?

Greg Franklin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

I just did mine using the mirror connector. Mine was pin two (red) for power, and pin 5 (black with white stripe) for ground. It works!! :-)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.