Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2010 SRX front end thumping noise

35K views 78 replies 34 participants last post by  Dandealer7 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2010 SRX AWD Performance Pkg and have been experiencing a thumping noise from the front end every time I hit a bump, a rut or dip in the road! First it started on the passenger front side and now the drivers side front end is also doing it. It is very annoying and is not how a Cadillac Product should perform. GM and Cadillac have been informed but can't authorize service technicians to attempt a repair until they figure out what it can be. I'm told that if the a-frame gets replaced it should be the solution, but enough compaints must occur before the repair is authorized under warranty. I'm hoping that I'm not the only one experiencing this thumping noise? Help.....Annoyed in Connecticut!

#71 ·
Have you had them check the struts? I have a 2010, and had been experiencing a "rubbing sound" when turning front wheels and most recently the sound like "the bottom was going to fall out" (more noticeable during cold weather) each time hit a bump. Both upper & front struts have failed. It's being repaired as I type this. My car has 77K miles. I've not been too crazy about my car after noticing several things when we purchased in September 2009; but I can say that the improvements I've seen in the 2014 SRX loaner they've let me drive...VERY NICE. I'm impressed.

#72 ·
Hello Melanie,

I apologize that your SRX is in need of repair for this rubbing sound. Please keep us updated when the repairs are complete. If you would like any assistance in working with the dealership, don’t hesitate to reach out to us privately with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are currently working with.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#73 ·
we purchased our 2010 SRX Premium new in December 2009 and never had a problem with it until this year. Now we have had several and one of our problems is also a loud rattling sound under the front end and no one seems to know what it is. We did have a couple items changed earlier in the year and I suspect it's one of those maybe loose but I'm not a mechanic and can not pinpoint the problem.

#76 ·
rattling noise.
My Caddy may generate rattling noise while waiting on traffic light with D on gear and break on. Noise is expelled from motor space and my feelings the source of loosen metal part is somewhere nearby motor of window wipers... Or near exhaust manifold (rear manifold)...
nothing else I can do except of put gear in N and thus change torque on engine and probably this eliminates that “irritating metal to metal contact noise”. I never could repeat same situation while car is on Lifter...

Thumping noise On a bumps.
it is mainly lower arm bushings.
if similar knock is repeated at Low speed and Simultaneous sharp break pushing ( horizontal force is applied) And you feel it on a bottom of car then these are bushings of Lower arms.

even for rear differential bushings the trial of sharp Power on-off during riding demonstrates similar thumping sound and it can be sensible on bottom as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.